How is Merc healing compared to others?

Anadros

I just wonder how much of that is down to the fact that Merc healing isn't your primary spec. If for example, I dip in and out of a variety of DPS classes, I don't expect to be able to perform at the highest level, since I'm always going to be a little rusty on keybinds, rotations, resource management, etc.

However that's not to say that Merc heals in PvP are perfect at the moment. It's a difficult AC to play at the best of times, I'll admit, which is only made all that much harder with that great big Mercernary target slapped on our foreheads that melee DPS love to see. :rolleyes:

I played ranked PvP as a Mercenary healer on one of the best Ranked teams up to 1.7 , before I moved to Singapore. Even then I heard of few ranked mercenaries and commando healers. Ghosttown, Kiss(GG) and hotshot. From what I hear there's been a complete lack of top tier pure ranked mercenary healers. So unless you play High level ranked, as a Mercenary healer please do not tell me were fine. Please don't tell me about your friend the mercenary who says were fine. If we were they would speak up.

There aren't any left because the developers have s h I t t e d on us every patch since 1.2. They nerfed our survivability every single d a m n patch. We used to have 8 percent healing received. We're lucky with two now. It is a complete joke.

We used to have 1.6 second rapid scans. When the gcd was1.5. Again gutted. Doesn't effect pve where casts aren't interrupted but means the world for a mercenary healer inpvp with a small cast window.

The developers have been smoking crack since 1.2 and their meters can wack my balls off for all the good they have done for mercenary bodyguard healers. Guess how far I get with hydraulic overrides as a bodyguard merc when it only lasts six seconds and it's as if I'm sprinting away. On a twenty five second cool down. Only the arsenal version is good since it lasts ten seconds.

All the healing scan buffs would really help bodyguard mercenaries, but instead they are tied to Tracer lock. Or the cleanse in Pyro.

Our problem is we have a bunch of lazy terrible developers with a terrible single balance guy handling us. We never even got the elite war hero relics at our PvP vendor before 2.0 when they were removed.

I've said it before but F U C K the developers. They won't even ban me because they've already treated us like complete s h I t and they know it.

For bodyguard mercenaries I have to say I hate the scrubbiest worst idiotic developers in existence. Well actually that one guy in charge who only plays his F U C K I N G sniper.

Edited by PerinnAybara

I just wonder how much of that is down to the fact that Merc healing isn't your primary spec. If for example, I dip in and out of a variety of DPS classes, I don't expect to be able to perform at the highest level, since I'm always going to be a little rusty on keybinds, rotations, resource management, etc.

However that's not to say that Merc heals in PvP are perfect at the moment. It's a difficult AC to play at the best of times, I'll admit, which is only made all that much harder with that great big Mercernary target slapped on our foreheads that melee DPS love to see. :rolleyes:

Yeah that definitely has something to do with it. Its taken me a bit to get used to adjusting keybinds and such. Ive been playing it in regs as well so that I can get better for RWZ tho.

In those RWZ matches tho, I had a good scoundrel or sage healer with me, which I think helped immensely when I was being pressured. I think that mando/merc heals compliment the healing of the other classes well.

Merc healing is behind a bit. In PVE it's not as noticeable due to the lack of interrupts and you won't be taking damage so there won't be any push-back issues.

In PVP, we're fine for PUG's and even low level rated games. But skilled players of every other class will be able to exploit our weaknesses. The biggest weakness being the fact that we have issues with push back and interrupts. We get all of 12s every 2 min of push back & interrupt free casting (if we spend a talent point) but can be stunned during that 12s so it is completely useless against anyone that knows how to play.

For PVP a couple of quick helpful changes would be to make Surgical precision a 3 point talent and go to 100% push-back protection, and make the power shield talent grant us stun and interrupt immunity while our shield is up.

Another major fix would be to give us a talent to reduce the CD on Electronet. That is our best escape talents and the CD is stupid long compared to other classes with slowing talents/dots.