Any word on space??

Anosa

Is there any word on the space combat upgrade?

last i heard was in the last live stream.

according to that the SSSP is still being worked on but it a good ways away from ready to even be shown.

It's very, very big. Huge, in fact. I mean, the sheer volume of space boggles the mind. Everything that exists fits inside of it...and there is still space left over! But since matter is finite, it'll never get filled. So, it's basically wasted. But if I had to pick any word on space, it would have to be "big".

It's very, very big. Huge, in fact. I mean, the sheer volume of space boggles the mind. Everything that exists fits inside of it...and there is still space left over! But since matter is finite, it'll never get filled. So, it's basically wasted. But if I had to pick any word on space, it would have to be "big".

You think it's a long way down to the corner chemist, but that's just peanuts to space. Listen...

According to Ohlen, it's "really cool."

James Ohlen at PAX East 2012:

JO: So the question is are we going to expand the space game? So I can give you my answer that I’ve given several times which is we do have a secret project in the works right now involving expanding the space game that I actually got to try out a week ago. It’s really cool, but I can’t say anything. I’ve said that before. Don’t worry, I haven’t revealed anything I haven’t said before.

According to Ohlen, it's "really cool."

James Ohlen at PAX East 2012:

JO: So the question is are we going to expand the space game? So I can give you my answer that I’ve given several times which is we do have a secret project in the works right now involving expanding the space game that I actually got to try out a week ago. It’s really cool, but I can’t say anything. I’ve said that before. Don’t worry, I haven’t revealed anything I haven’t said before.

so almost a year ago....and still no news lol. i bet it is yet another project that got scrapped and they are hoping people will forget about

so almost a year ago....and still no news lol. i bet it is yet another project that got scrapped and they are hoping people will forget about

check out this from june http://dulfy.net/2013/06/10/swtor-patch-2-2-developer-livestream-notes/

Q: SSSP – Super Secret Space Project?

A: We never should have talked about it. Now it just sounds we are mean to you guys by not talking about it. Let me think about it before the meet and greet in 3 days. Let me see if I can give you something about it. Yes it exists and it is something we are doing specifically based on your feedback.

Edited by minty

In this case, better no news than early news that turns out wrong or hyped.

That's all we need is the debacle that was the presentation of the current space feature. I think they are doing the right thing keeping it close to the chest.

If it was up to me I'd deny it's existence even when it launches.....

[waves hand]

...this is not the space combat feature you are looking for....move along

We're going to have space PVP and less "On-the-rails" missions.

So basically a bunch of ships will meet in the middle of the galaxy and blow each other up, respawn and do it all over again until a timer goes buzz.

I still would like to know how that is more "dynamic and spontaneous".

As highly requested as it is I doubt it'd be scratched, but yeah Ohlen did open up about it way too early. Makes me wonder if they brought it up while it was still on paper, or if they're just going that in-depth with the new system. Besides that quote saying we might get info in a few days, which to my knowledge we never did, the last thing I've seen was a quote from Ohlen back in December talking about playing the alpha. Imagine it'll be revealed later this year, possibly even tested, and released in a paid expansion next year.

Edited by Inflicktion

That's all we need is the debacle that was the presentation of the current space feature. I think they are doing the right thing keeping it close to the chest.

[waves hand]

That ship has already sailed.

SSSP is already hyped to pre launch space levels and beyond.

Its funny watching it happen all over again. People are close to dreaming that SSSP is EVE being tacked onto TOR.

Its funny watching it happen all over again. People are close to dreaming that SSSP is EVE being tacked onto TOR.

Yep. If it's anything but EVE-lite at this point these forums will never hear the end of it. And the blame will fall on both the players and devs equally. I mean, BW named it the Super Secret Space Project and has given players a year to hype it while giving nothing solid but a few general quotes on how awesome it is.

I would also like to know if anything official has been released about the supposed secret space project being worked on to fix/improve the space missions and overall game play part of the game?

Whatever the developers decide to do, I hope that this is something that they are working on and the undisputed fact is the players like myself should have the freedom to go where they want to when traveling through space, have random encounters, and engage the targets they want to.

[waves hand]

i fear you may have nailed it, they learned their lesson and are keeping their mouths shut. The SSSP that ohlen referred to was the new hard mode rail missions, which bioware though we would freek out over how awesome they were back when. When actually most people didn't even play these as they were just more of the same old crap nobody wanted or likes.

I hope i'm wrong but at this point i think i have my expectations for real 3D space combat and pvp at an all time low. Why give star wars fans the space combat they crave when you can just add more collections to the cartel market for so much less development effort:rak_02: