immune

bvcx

i started playing pvp and no matter who i attack or what skill i use it seems like everyone is always immune. always see the immune text pop up. why? is there buffs that immune players from everything? i never see the bubbles like sages or sorcerers are wrapped in, i know those absorb attacks one guy i was one on one and for the whole time immune. more then 2minutes of useless attacking. he was a duel wielder. i want same advantage. im on imp side and used assassin, sorcerer, and juggernaut to see what i liked better and seen same for all three.

Resolve is universal and builds up based on the sten/mezz you use and the length of that stun/mezz. Pay attention to the white bar on the character. If they have that then they are immune to all stuns/mezz's for a short time (sadly it does not work on roots.)

Force shroud - assassin/shadow: immune to all force/tech attacks. The animation turns them completely white.

unstoppable - juggernaut/guardian: immune to all controlling effects. Red shield on the juggernaut, blue orb looking shroud on a guardian

hydraulic override - bounty hunter/trooper: immune to roots. BH's have a gear animation under their feet, Troopers will have a bunch of circles spinning under their feet.

Force barrier - sorc/sage: immune to all effects, but the sorc/sage can't do anything either.

Entrench - sniper/gunslinger: immune to all controlling effects: An extra shield drops down on top of the normal shield they normally have in cover.

I think think that covers pretty much all the big abilities that have immunity. Certain classes can break roots when in a specific spec like sentinels force camo or tank shadow force speed/healing sage force speed etc... Dodge cleanses dots/roots as well and can dodge physical roots.

Hope that helps out man.

I've seen something like that, and there was an explanation, but I forgot. heh. I've never had my direct attacks constantly "immue" or "absorbed" though. irrc, the issue he's talking about has nothing to do with hard CC immunity (resolve/shroud/entrench). it might've been a dot thing or one of the many new mobility/immunity buffs. this cropped up with 2.0.

I had something similar happen recently. Huttball, a Sorc sprints across the lower catwalks towards the goal line, I'm the only defender on our side of the map, playing my PowerTech standing by the medkit on the side of the pit.

The last firepit was burning so the sorc stopped to wait. I noticed their resolve was only about 1/4 and thought "I have you now!" I grapple them, the animation shooting out the line and me yanking it plays but nothing happened. The sorc turned to me, casts some lightning till the firepit shut off, then tediously runs to the goal while I helplessly plink away (I would have lept up but it was still on cooldown). My main is a sorc so I can't think of any skill that makes me immune except the force barrier and that drops the huttball.

I've seen immunity at weird non-resolve times enough now I'm really wondering what's going on. I'm hoping its just some lag issue and not a bug or exploit.

I noticed their resolve was only about 1/4 and thought "I have you now!" I grapple them, the animation shooting out the line and me yanking it plays but nothing happened.

So, I'm not sure about this... but I think when they show 1/4 resolve they can still be immune, because can't it be that they HAD full resolve, and that 1/4 is while the resolve is wearing off? I thought it worked so that once you hit full resolve, then you would stay full for a little while and then the bar would take a few seconds to unresolve it's way down. And you'd have immunity all the way until it got back to zero. Is that not the way it works? Someone correct me if I'm wrong - because it bugs me that I can't tell if a partial resolve bar means they are immune or not (so I always wait for it to go all the way down, unless emergency).

So, I'm not sure about this... but I think when they show 1/4 resolve they can still be immune, because can't it be that they HAD full resolve, and that 1/4 is while the resolve is wearing off? I thought it worked so that once you hit full resolve, then you would stay full for a little while and then the bar would take a few seconds to unresolve it's way down. And you'd have immunity all the way until it got back to zero. Is that not the way it works? Someone correct me if I'm wrong - because it bugs me that I can't tell if a partial resolve bar means they are immune or not (so I always wait for it to go all the way down, unless emergency).

They are immune until the resolve is depleted completely.

They are immune until the resolve is depleted completely.

Think he is refferring to where the resolve is fully empty or only a few purple bars and still pulls immune, had that happen to me many times, huttball is particularly prone to this bug, and no they where not snipers or sins

Think he is refferring to where the resolve is fully empty or only a few purple bars and still pulls immune, had that happen to me many times, huttball is particularly prone to this bug, and no they where not snipers or sins

Can also be an operative in cover don't forget that :p

Can also be an operative in cover don't forget that :p

the ability won't fire off it the target is in cover.

Could be shroud, could by hydraulic, could be a sniper who got diversion'd but didn't move so he technically still has entrench up but not in cover. Could be a sorc using barrier.

It could be lots of things.

The "immune" flytext is different from the other healing / damage text in that you see it when other players trigger it (if you are involved in the combat in any sense).

In others words, if you are fighting X who is fully resolved (i.e. been stunned too many times) then you will see "Immune" when your team mate attempts to stun him again. This can be confusing because you might be in the middle of a regular attack. "Immune" text does not necessarily mean they are immune from your attack (and in most cases your attack will still be doing damage). As a result, you sometimes see "Immune" when you're 10m+ from the target (although usually you are closer).

As far as I know, this does not happen with the other notifications. So if a player resists a team mates attack you don't see that.