Seemingly unfair Warzones

falaconn

I feel as though the republic has some sort of advantage over the imperials in warzones, i can play warzones for hours on my sith juggernaut, and i might win 3 out of 15 games, but then i can just jump over onto my republic character who is a trooper vangaurd and a lvl 21, (my sith is lvl 48) and i win almost every game... i just dont understand whats happening. but it seems impossible to complete my weekly warzone quests when i play 10-20 matches a day and only win 2 times. i dont care if you nerf the pubs or boost the imps, but at least look into it. im not the only one that notices.

I feel as though the republic has some sort of advantage over the imperials in warzones, i can play warzones for hours on my sith juggernaut, and i might win 3 out of 15 games, but then i can just jump over onto my republic character who is a trooper vangaurd and a lvl 21, (my sith is lvl 48) and i win almost every game... i just dont understand whats happening. but it seems impossible to complete my weekly warzone quests when i play 10-20 matches a day and only win 2 times. i dont care if you nerf the pubs or boost the imps, but at least look into it. im not the only one that notices.

Can't nerf player skill, sorry.

Often one side is slightly(or more slightly) more powerful on different servers around.

Don't lose your focus, fight and do your best. You get xp, credits and valor for each game.

If you did your best in a game and it was a loss: So what?

You can only be as strong as your team.

Ever since Blizzard fooled players into thinking pvp was throwing random teams and players into an instanced battleground, other mmos have followed suit. That results in one mismatch after another, with the odd competitive one. But it isn't a competitive paradigm .

Players accept grinding for gear and tolerate the situation because of the better gear carrot on the proverbial stick.

I feel as though the republic has some sort of advantage over the imperials in warzones, i can play warzones for hours on my sith juggernaut, and i might win 3 out of 15 games, but then i can just jump over onto my republic character who is a trooper vangaurd and a lvl 21, (my sith is lvl 48) and i win almost every game...

This *heavily* depends on the server you're playing on.

Some Servers have a Republican imbalance, others an Imperial Imbalanbce ... Never wondered why Server Transfers were made possible in the first place ?

Ever since Blizzard fooled players into thinking pvp was throwing random teams and players into an instanced battleground, other mmos have followed suit. That results in one mismatch after another, with the odd competitive one. But it isn't a competitive paradigm .

Players accept grinding for gear and tolerate the situation because of the better gear carrot on the proverbial stick.

Na players like to have fun. That's why we play video games. You need to be reminded that SWTOR shouldn't be the only thing in your life.

You dont really point out what exactly you view as unfair. This isnt really a nerf-bat issue since classes are practically the same, as are the map designs.

A win:loss ratio could simply reflect player skills which is not something that should be addressed by adjusting key mechanics. There isnt really much BioWare can do to counter you having the inexperienced players on your team while the enemy has the veteran ones.

Also, keep in mind that low level PvP is very unbalanced - several classes unlock their key mechanics sooner than others, so for instance as a Marauder or Juggernaut you lack some of your main abilities, while Snipers already have most of those they need to be killing machines.

I play on The Ebon Hawk, and from my experience (I only play Imp), very rarely do I see Pubs win and when they do, it is usually in situations where the Imp team has less players than their team or attempts some wacky tactic which doesnt work.

Each server will have a sort of a dominant faction, some people enjoy rerolling factions after they lose a couple of warzones "OMG I give up, these guys are useless, i'm rerolling reps/imps.". I'd say that's what causes the dominant faction of each server to remain that way, a player who believes himself good will not want to be stuck with people who constantly make all his efforts be in vain, hence he changes factions and the dominant faction gains another capable player.

Though I must say the server transfers have had a positive impact on this balance, ToFN used to be a constant republic roflstomping of imperials, now we reps have had to work for our wins most times even had a 2% to 0% NC match a couple of days ago, it was epic :D

Na players like to have fun. That's why we play video games. You need to be reminded that SWTOR shouldn't be the only thing in your life.

We like to eat too, but don't randomly pull stuff out of the fridge and throw it in a pot and call it dinner. Not when we can do a lot better than that.

Been saying this since launch: Republic has fewer, but better, PvPers.

They generally bring more healers, they coordinate better, focus fire better, and work better overall as a TEAM. The Imps seem to be bent on scoreboard numbers and 1v1.

Been saying this since launch: Republic has fewer, but better, PvPers.

They generally bring more healers, they coordinate better, focus fire better, and work better overall as a TEAM. The Imps seem to be bent on scoreboard numbers and 1v1.

So they premade and roll pug groups. Is this news?

By the way, just about everyone has both imp and pub characters, so if you have been saying that since launch, might be time to take a break. Because I sure don't know how anyone can make a case of one side or the other being better when the same players play toons on both factions.

Edited by MotorCityMan

Reps win in the late night battles; Imps win in the morning battles. That's just a tendency on my server, anyway.

Sometimes you get thrown into a group with no focus at all, and you lose because 7 out of 8 players on your team was being terribad at communicating and completing objectives. Sometimes you get thrown into a group with no healers or tanks, and you lose because 7 out of 8 players on your team was being terribad at mashing buttons.

And also because 8 damage dealers stand a snowball's chance in hell of winning against a team with coordinated healers. While you're spending half the match killing their healers (who respawn and return faster than you can kill them), the enemy team is capping nodes and preventing you from capping them back.

Went into a Warzone against two enemy Operative healers. One of them successfully held off a cap for 2 minutes due to the obscene amount of CC and survivability that AC gets (not that the other AC is much better). Healers are horribly broken right now - at least in sub-55 brackets - but unfortunately only level 55 counts (and just barely) when BioWare is tweaking PvP.

Pre-55 PvP is like pre-90 PvP in WoW: The class with the largest burst potential, whether it's healing or damage, wins. If the enemy team has more of said classes than your team, you lose.

Assassins, Snipers and Operative healers rule supreme pre-40. I'm just glad I'm finally in my 40's, where my class is finally getting the CORE ABILITIES it's been needing since level 10. I mean, seriously, no execute until level 46? Did a developer not consider, for a moment, that an execute might be vital in PvP?

From what I've seen, Snipers continue to rule after level 40. They have the survivability of the Assassin, and the burst, but can dish it out from 30 meters away, and they come equipped with roots, snares and enough CC that no one caught off-guard can catch them. I've been dropped by a Sniper in 3 GCDs flat.

Edited by Qaoz

Bolster works wonders behind the seen, for developers. When you have a system such as this no one know who has the advantage and I speculate also on this as well as of lately.

This.

Though I must say the server transfers have had a positive impact on this balance, ToFN used to be a constant republic roflstomping of imperials, now we reps have had to work for our wins most times even had a 2% to 0% NC match a couple of days ago, it was epic :D

It's had a negative effect on my server in that every match your starting out with about five players hoping for at least a sixth and the teams your facing have upwards of eight players. Getting a match with a healer in it is now rare that the character I play trys to heal best they can even tho its minimal healing because it's a dps spec. Later in the evening you might start to get more matchs that are closer to a fighting chance but that's only when the remaining guild groups go out.

I experience this on all of my Empire characters. And what I think it comes down to is the players playing Empire and Republic. Empire is comprised of younger adults/children, that are attracted to Empire for the coolness and the darker aspect of the classes, versus Republic which are typically comprised of mature adults. On Empire you have a bunch of solo leet cowboys that rarely listen, follow strategies, and never look to achieve the objectives, they approach WZs like Call of Duty, its all about wracking up kills and talking smack. Republic on the other hand are the opposite, which is why they always have more healers then Empire and typically win most matches.

Any MMO that has a dark/sinister faction and the other faction is considered "good" will almost always attract the same people to each side.

Reps win in the late night battles; Imps win in the morning battles. That's just a tendency on my server, anyway.

This backs up my opinion on why Republic regularly beats Empire. During the day its kids against kids, at night the Republic faction is home from work, and they roll the evil goth kids.

Edited by Trimethicon

I can only think of one game with a proper matchmaking system, Halo 2. Everything since has just been like a big custom game. It's about as productive to play as bouncing a ball up and down, fun for five secs but then you start to realize that it's the same thing every time. Swtor doesnt just lack progression, it also has a bunch of other crap thrown in so it's more like trying to bounce a cube. Once in a while it will bounce back up but most of the time it will just annoy you since you have to bend over and pick it up again. Edited by MidichIorian

Blah Blah Blah Blah ....

You are right ... they have an unfair advantage because I have seen the same. I have a 55 assain, 55 BH and a 55 sage. I battle with my sage and win I battle with my imps (more enjoyable chars) and I lose. I am a WOW and a SWG veteran. (yes no life blah blah). I have seen this all before. The PVP in this game is unbalanced and it needs to be sorted. I will not be rep fodder for much longer. I am actually considering leaving the game as my imp chars are so much more fun but annoyingly capped in pvp.

Those who say cant cap personal skill ... yeah right .. your a initial player who has got all the gear and love to dominate pvp because it gives you self worth. God help you if you get a fair fight right!

You can feel it .. you know something is wrong but you cant put your finger on it. You are playing super well but nothing is happening. Yeah i been there. Everyday I been there and it is getting so I dont want to pay for it anymore!

Blah Blah Blah Blah ....

You are right ... they have an unfair advantage because I have seen the same. I have a 55 assain, 55 BH and a 55 sage. I battle with my sage and win I battle with my imps (more enjoyable chars) and I lose. I am a WOW and a SWG veteran. (yes no life blah blah). I have seen this all before. The PVP in this game is unbalanced and it needs to be sorted. I will not be rep fodder for much longer. I am actually considering leaving the game as my imp chars are so much more fun but annoyingly capped in pvp.

Those who say cant cap personal skill ... yeah right .. your a initial player who has got all the gear and love to dominate pvp because it gives you self worth. God help you if you get a fair fight right!

You can feel it .. you know something is wrong but you cant put your finger on it. You are playing super well but nothing is happening. Yeah i been there. Everyday I been there and it is getting so I dont want to pay for it anymore!

There is a 3 Blah limit per post.

really thought someone had something worth saying about this ... you must be rep.

If I am then I must be a good player.

Your only options are to group with good players or transfer to a server with more balanced rep vs imp.

Edited by Boch