Thinking About Jumping Back In, Advice Needed!

Ortonic

Good evening!

After taking an extended break pre-expansion, I'm thinking about jumping back in with my Jedi Sentinel. I have certainly invested in to the game, purchasing the Collector's Edition before launch, leveling up to 50, and playing through a bit of the end-game content before being discouraged by the various bugs that seem to have plagued the game. By the second or third raid (don't remember which one), I made the decision to put SWTOR on the back burner but still support it with a subscription.

Since that time SWTOR has gone F2P as well as introduced the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion. I purchased the expansion in the hopes that I would think about getting back in to the game, and I'm definately getting the itch to.

Having retired at level 50 with decent gear at that time, is it too late for me to get back in and be worth anything? Is the new expansion worth it for the story? How are the last few in-game events (which I've unfortunately missed) and the ones coming up? The game certainly seems to be recieving a steadier amount of updates since the shuffling of execs and the transition to F2P. Are Jedi Sentinel's still worthy or are they currently gimped? Any recommendations on a spec for those with Sentinels? I'm sure the abilities and trees have been changed / modified since I retired.

Any opinions and advice would be appreciated!

Not sure what spec you played, but my main is a combat sent and they are more than fine for the expansion, especially if you have some level 50 end game gear.

There are some modest nice level increases to crafting, and now that you are getting back in, the stuff that launched broke with crafting appears to be either mostly or entirely fixed.

Depending on how fast you tend to blow through content, you may finish Makeb in anywhere from 4-5 hours to several days depending on how you want to pace yourself.

The new raid is the largest to date, that said is still only 7 bosses big, which for most MMO's would be a smaller raid. There doesn't appear to be much new in the way of PvP, but the next patch is set to bring in new FP's and some other new content.

There should be enough new stuff to keep you entertained for a while.

Thank you very much for your reply! Watchman was the previous spec that I used so I will definately look in to combat. Is there a website that has a steady stream of updates to fill a new or returning player on the best spec, build, rotations, etc.? I'd like to get down on some research if possible.

It sounds like the expansion is worth playing through and this next patch will release some flashpoints which was always a favorite part of the game for me. I'll have to do some re-exploring of my professions to see if what I have is outdated and in need of a change or if I should just expand on what I have. I know gear crafting for Jedi Sentinel's was one of my professions.

Anything else I should know other than the new questions I just asked?

Thank you very much for your reply! Watchman was the previous spec that I used so I will definately look in to combat. Is there a website that has a steady stream of updates to fill a new or returning player on the best spec, build, rotations, etc.? I'd like to get down on some research if possible.

It sounds like the expansion is worth playing through and this next patch will release some flashpoints which was always a favorite part of the game for me. I'll have to do some re-exploring of my professions to see if what I have is outdated and in need of a change or if I should just expand on what I have. I know gear crafting for Jedi Sentinel's was one of my professions.

Anything else I should know other than the new questions I just asked?

I'd add Dulfy's site to your bookmarks , she's a better source of SWTOR info than this website a lot of the time:)

Watchman (anni) Is actually viable now, though carnage still has advantages over it in some aspects. Rage (third tree) is still best for PVP. You need 110% accuracy, and stack power. As for proper spec, other stats, and rotation, check the sent and marauder forum. Also try the dps forum, and MMO-Mechanics.