Revans Heir title timing

RomanovX

I received an email about the new title that you can get in game but you can only buy it between the 15th and 16th.

I don't think it was the best idea to have something available in one day in the middle of the summer? Some of us are on vacation and won't be able to buy the title because of the really small time frame.

Can I just order the title now and the game will automatically buy it for me when it's available?

I received an email about the new title that you can get in game but you can only buy it between the 15th and 16th.

I don't think it was the best idea to have something available in one day in the middle of the summer? Some of us are on vacation and won't be able to buy the title because of the really small time frame.

Can I just order the title now and the game will automatically buy it for me when it's available?

It's a tenth anniversary event item for KOTORS 10th....interestingly enough.. on the actual 10th anniversary. It's a party favor...available only duing the party. :)

Do you postpone birthday parties and anniversaries IRL?

Besides.. they are tradeable. So if you cannot obtain one due to real life for CCs.. you will be able to acquire one via some credits on the GTN. You only need one, because there will be an account wide unlock for it in Collections.

Edited by Andryah

I didn't get to buy the Collector's Edition when it first came out, but now I want it.

:rolleyes:

IOW, you snooze, you lose.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Are you saying that you don't postpone parties and celebrations for when people are actually available to celebrate them?

I don't postpone them because I am not available and they are AND IT'S their celebration. ;)

This is a celebration for KOTOR, NOT the OP.

if i was out of the U.S. on july 4th should they have postponed their celebrations for independence day so i could experience it?

Are you saying that you don't postpone parties and celebrations for when people are actually available to celebrate them?

This...

I dont have a problem with the timing, but its not out of the norm to celebrate a birthday or something on a day that people are actually available lol

This...

I dont have a problem with the timing, but its not out of the norm to celebrate a birthday or something on a day that people are actually available lol

I'm pretty sure people will be available. One or two might not be but people in general certainly will.

I'm pretty sure people will be available. One or two might not be but people in general certainly will.

I believe he was commenting on the absurdity of suggesting that people don't postpone birthdays or anniversaries, not neccessarily commenting on this particular event.

I believe he was commenting on the absurdity of suggesting that people don't postpone birthdays or anniversaries, not neccessarily commenting on this particular event.

I don't see absurdity in the post he was commenting on -- just poor wording.

Would you postpone your birthday celebration because only 55 of 60 people could make it? Probably not.

No matter what day BWEA picks, there will be some people in the OPs situation. At that point, you have to realize that you are "unlucky" and just deal with it. Especially when it is something as silly as a title.

This...

I'm available that day, so party on dudes.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that a 24 hour window to buy a one-time thing in the game is just stupidly short-sighted of whichever marketing person decided this was a good idea.

I just returned from a work trip to find this whole thing had come and gone. A few of my friends didn't even know it happened (I don't remember seeing an email in RL or ingame).

I had expected the SWToR was facilitating players of all ages and occupations.. not just people who log in every day.

Fail Bioware. And a hex on the marketing idiot that came up with this 24 hour idea.

I bought it, knowing that it was one day only I made time, if the OP couldn't put three minutesaside to log in buy it and log out, then he has my sympathies.

But they only way to get it now is Via GTN, well either that or buy EA and force them to give you what you want.

Actually Andryah, a lot of people do postpone parties. They may have their birthday parties at the weekend rather than in the middle of the week.

Actually Andryah, a lot of people do postpone parties. They may have their birthday parties at the weekend rather than in the middle of the week.

I think the point here is that the OP didn't like the timing because THEY couldn't make it and they thought the game should revolve around them.

Perhaps a better example is... it's MY birthday and I have thousands of close friends, family, casual acquaintances, co-workers, etc that I invite to my party. Am I gonna postpone it because a few random people that I'm not that close to can't make it? Or am I gonna go ahead and enjoy my party with thousands of my buddies?

People postpone birthday and anniversary celebrations - when the actual person can't make it, or someone they are very close to. This was one random guy who didn't like the date. The rest of us managed fine. So why the hell should BW have postponed it at OP's convenience?

Nah, have two parties, one on your Birthday, with family, cake, and a nice take away, then have another on the weekend with alcohol, cake, and chicken wings.

It's a tenth anniversary event item for KOTORS 10th....interestingly enough.. on the actual 10th anniversary. It's a party favor...available only duing the party. :)

Besides.. they are tradeable. So if you cannot obtain one due to real life for CCs.. you will be able to acquire one via some credits on the GTN. You only need one, because there will be an account wide unlock for it in Collections.

Sorry but something like this for a big brand and company and you think only 1 day is actually fine because you are treating like an individuals birthday or anniversary? That is a laugh. Amazing how every other company be it gaming or just retail like a Best Buy or something, celebrate their anniversaries usually for the week or month or even sometimes the whole year. 10 years is actually a big celebration. Offering it for a week would have been nice. Maybe I am used to other gaming companies also who usually celebrate big anniversaries longer then a day. /shrug

But it is their decision so they can do as they please. Nothing to get up and arms about especially since there was nothing really special overall in-game for this occasion.

This...

I'm pretty sure the "birthday party" was for BW and KotoR. The game and a large portion of the player base were available to celebrate it. It wasn't OP's "birthday party" or yours, hence they hold it on the day of.

Maybe I am used to other gaming companies also who usually celebrate big anniversaries longer then a day. /shrug

What companies have done that?

I've never seen a company celebrate the anniversary of a game inside another game.