Smuggler or Trooper

Greenify

Well these are my last two class stories I need to do. I have a lvl 19 smuggler but I keep avoiding playing on it and a level 9 trooper who has only been used for the gtn. Keep in mind I liked the agent story and disliked the bounty hunter story, so if their republic counterparts are similar I will probably go smuggler.

The smuggler story is pretty dull IMHO.

BUT he/she has the best one-liners in the game... even if the story was dull, i had a blast every time i spoke with anyone (ok, maby ever third person i spoke to was a blast, but still... thats alot).

The trooper story tho, is very compelling to me. Lots of tough decisions (some might say too many, to the point of becoming jaded) and a hard character to play in a story sense. And the story itself was rife with feelings of betrayal, anger and revenge (without spoiling too much i hope)

As a former military man, I go with the Trooper story. The entire story feels like a bunch of Tom Clancy novels.

The Smuggler story feels like a "Pre Episode 4 Han Solo".

So, if you want to play a pseudo-Tom Clancy novel, go with the Trooper. If you want to play Han Solo, be the smuggler.

Trooper is the only story I have seen where at one point you get to run a class mission with all your companions, like a full squad. You can't really do anything with them, and they're only with you in the same room for one fight at the start, but it's still something you won't see elsewhere.

The smuggler story is pretty dull IMHO.

BUT he/she has the best one-liners in the game... even if the story was dull, i had a blast every time i spoke with anyone (ok, maby ever third person i spoke to was a blast, but still... thats alot).

Chapter 1 of Smuggler is great, Chapter 2 is average, am finishing Chapter 3 and it's getting better but not as good as some of the best class stories.

As the poster mentions above, though, he/she definitely has the funniest responses in the game, and not just during class quests. I've actually laughed out loud at some of them, which is strange for a video game...

Also, if you don't already have a sniper, gunslinger is by far one of the most fun classes to play. I'd play through the story for that reason alone. Way better than smuggler/operative.

Edited by arunav