The official Sales Representatives for Volcker's Advanced Resolve Hilt 31

MrStewieGriffin

Just so everyone is aware, Volcker has stated that he will be transferring off The Ebon Hawk once he makes another 90-ish million credits. He has already hopped through at least two servers that I know of. For those of you unaware of the economic implications of this behavior, Wikipedia has some general notes.

As far as I know, nothing about this is against the TOS, and honestly from a purely third-party perspective, it's rather clever given the way that RE works. However, it does have a negative effect on the economies of any server he passes through, which is why I'm mentioning it here. This sort of thing is precisely why server transfers cost Cartel Coins (hence: real money).

DISCLOSURE: I have no economic or personal interest in this matter whatsoever. I am a casual crafter, but I don't have a Resolve Hilt schematic and don't intend to any time soon. I'm merely concerned for the economic health of the server.

Just so everyone is aware, Volcker has stated that he will be transferring off The Ebon Hawk once he makes another 90-ish million credits. He has already hopped through at least two servers that I know of. For those of you unaware of the economic implications of this behavior, Wikipedia has some general notes.

As far as I know, nothing about this is against the TOS, and honestly from a purely third-party perspective, it's rather clever given the way that RE works. However, it does have a negative effect on the economies of any server he passes through, which is why I'm mentioning it here. This sort of thing is precisely why server transfers cost Cartel Coins (hence: real money).

DISCLOSURE: I have no economic or personal interest in this matter whatsoever. I am a casual crafter, but I don't have a Resolve Hilt schematic and don't intend to any time soon. I'm merely concerned for the economic health of the server.

Haha, I appreciate your concern for this server. But with all due respect, I think your claim is flawed and here is why.

1. Your claim that my drainage of 90 million credits will result in severe deflation is realisticallly impossible for number of reasons. 1) I will not be able to obtain the 90 million credits in less than 72 hours (It's been roughly 100 hours since my transfer) thus a shock in monetary base of Ebon Hawk will be gradual. 2) Given the number of players and possible credits players can obtain, about 170+ and 500k per day, respectively, I see higher risks of inflation than deflation.

2. If your theory was true, Harbinger players would be the ones to hate me the most because I would create massive inflation when I refit (as in obtain new schmatics and etc) myself with the credits I earned on different servers.

3. Theoretically speaking, Servers are much better off with my transfers. To elaborate, by offering the service of crafting resolve hilt 31, I am allowing those players whom wished to obtain the Hilt 31 to get hold of the item in exchange for a fee. Hence had I not existed, there won't be any transactions and overall economic welfare would remain at a level prior to my arrival.

All in all, while it is great to be skeptical, I think your claim is single-sided. Furthermore, I think my server rotation strategy also has more pros than cons for everyone involed including Bioware (I gain satisfaction from making creds, players get satisfaction from obtaining new hilts and Bioware gets satisfaction from real money).

For those who are wondering, "Why would he be so obssessed with credits?" Well, just like how raiders gain sense of achievements from finishing HMs and NiMs, I'm trying to amass as much in-game wealth just for the sake of achievement. In addition, I am not wealthy as you may think. I only have about 110 million credits.

Have a brilliant day.

Edited by MrStewieGriffin

People have tried pulling stunts like this before. Other parties will just buy the hilt to learn the schematic or they'll learn it on their own from RE'ing MHs. The price will then be set to free + mats. Give it a bit of time. Also, I don't think anybody on the Harbinger will be worried given how many crafters have the schematics on that server. TEH would be at a bigger risk given the much smaller population of raiders that have the end game content on farm.

Someone is going to RE the hilt soon enough and force Volker to drop or lose a ton of business, so in my eyes its not a huge deal.

That's why he keeps transferring. Like I said, a really sharp business idea, just really bad for the economies of the servers he exploits.