WZ suggestion...Deathmatch

BobaBoomer

I consider myself a hardcore objective pvp'er. I enjoy pvp as much as anyone but I enjoy it more when I am a part of a team that works together to win a WZ. One of my biggest frustrations is when I'm solo guarding a turret and I call inc and the entire team runs over. I guess I should be happy I get help but not if we leave another turret we control empty. I got to thinking of ways to improve objective based WZ's for those of us who like it and keep pvp fun for those who just queue to kill.

Implement a Death Match style WZ that can be specifically queued for. Lets face it...some people just want to pvp and it doesn't matter if they win or lose as long as they have the most kills or best stats. They base ones success on damage done...not objective points or shielding healers, ball carriers, etc. If we could keep those players happy with something as simple as which ever team gets 100 kills 1st wins then great. By doing this it would also reduce the amount of players who don't wish to work as a team and ruin it for those of us that do.

I also was thinking of the month or 2 that I decided to do F2P. Talk about a terrible experience but it may work for some people. I remember thinking that I only got a few WZs a week and I was stuck solo guarding a door in voidstar. Although I was benefiting the team, I wasn't getting my pvp fix in. I wasted 1 of my few matches waiting to pvp. I think a Death Match WZ would give them all a taste of combat and a chance for lowbies to learn their classes. I'd think most F2Pers would prefer the Death Match option unless they were willing to possibly get stuck guarding.

Let me know yalls thoughts. I can't see a negatives here.

I dont see how areans help at all. Are there going to be arenas for 10-29 or 30-54 brackets? If not then it doesn't reduce people from joining objective based WZs who dont wish to do objectives which ruins it for everyone else involved. I'm not anti arenas...Im just looking to make the current WZs better.

I dont want to get off topic already on the 3rd post but my point is fixing what we already have. In my opinion its bad business to build something that has flaws and then instead of perfecting it create something else with flaws.

Arenas are death match and are perfect for what you're describing/wanting instant pvp action

No objectives to fuss over

I hope they do implement them for lower brackets but in all reality you spend more time at end game

Unless you purposefully stay in lowbie pvp

for death match wz I don't see the point wz are designed around objectives

And there's nothing stopping you from just killing player and ignoring objective in the current system

And for flaws no system will ever be perfect its up to the player to make it work for them

And find fun within that or move on

Edited by Ren_simp

Ah..I see how you're comparing Death Match to Arenas. In a sense it is an arena but in arenas you fight to the death. I'm all for 4 man arenas. I think they would be a blast but I was also looking to see if they could create a WZ like some of the First Person Shooter games. When you die you rez and repeat. In a way that is what our current WZs are like but people who choose to play without objectives ruin it for those who do. Separating them may keep both parties happy. True there is no way to stop people that are in our current WZs from abandoning objectives but if we implemented a Death Match WZ that can be specifically queued for just like arenas would be then why would anyone who doesnt want to do objectives join the objective based WZs? They would instead do Arenas or Death Match making the current WZs less of a headache for everyone who plays them in every bracket.

I think a race to 100 kills match would be fun if they put it in an arena like Hutball with a lot more obstacles. Not only would there be no standing around guarding but having to kill a lot of people while avoiding a crap ton of obstacles would be entertaining.

I am shocked that not many people are responding to this. In my eyes we'd be adding a new WZ with a lot of obstacle avoidance that everyone can just enjoy beating the crap out of each other. It would also reduce the amount of people who dont want to do objectives in the objective based WZs. Instead all I'm reading is implement 2 and 4 man arenas. Yea arenas were a blast on WoW but it opened up a can of worms that gave Blizzard headaches. Some class combos had the advantage and some people struggled to find decent teams. I at least hope if no one cares to try to improve WZs then at least arenas do work. Its fun for the fotm classes but what about us who dont wish to reroll for an advantage and instead use skill.

I think a race to 100 kills match would be fun if they put it in an arena like Hutball with a lot more obstacles. Not only would there be no standing around guarding but having to kill a lot of people while avoiding a crap ton of obstacles would be entertaining.

I am shocked that not many people are responding to this. In my eyes we'd be adding a new WZ with a lot of obstacle avoidance that everyone can just enjoy beating the crap out of each other. It would also reduce the amount of people who dont want to do objectives in the objective based WZs. Instead all I'm reading is implement 2 and 4 man arenas. Yea arenas were a blast on WoW but it opened up a can of worms that gave Blizzard headaches. Some class combos had the advantage and some people struggled to find decent teams. I at least hope if no one cares to try to improve WZs then at least arenas do work. Its fun for the fotm classes but what about us who dont wish to reroll for an advantage and instead use skill.