RP server questions

RisenDragon

So, I'm new to the whole MMO scene, and I've been playing SWTOR since launch. I'm curious about the RP servers, and the community there. Anyone want to enlighten me?

PS- I'm an avid paper+dice roleplayer, so I do have some understanding of the RP process.

Well I used to be on Jung Ma and although it's a smaller community than the other two, it has some great guilds and interesting RP-PVP events that they try to host somewhat frequently. I can't speak for Ebon Hawk, but all my mains are on Begeren Colony now and that is another great community. BC also has a lot of great guilds and there are weekly RP events for most nights of the week. Tonight is a DK rp night, tomorrow is Tython's weekly night and then Friday is always on the barge on NS, etc. We use begerencolony.org to do most of the communicating with each other. =) You can also check out the server group forums section here, and then check out all 3 servers as I believe most of them have at least a few RP related threads.

Happy hunting!

EDIT: Also, sometimes a /roll system can be used if you want to rp fight instead of in-game duel. You can create your characters with points spent in specific areas like you would with pen & paper RP and post your character sheet on the site, etc. There's a lot of options and it seems a good mix of everything is used.

Edited by SimplyKupo

So, I'm new to the whole MMO scene, and I've been playing SWTOR since launch. I'm curious about the RP servers, and the community there. Anyone want to enlighten me?

PS- I'm an avid paper+dice roleplayer, so I do have some understanding of the RP process.

RP servers are nothing put old perverted men playing women toons that will try and get you to cyber. Then they will send you pictures of there sack.

I've played the majority of my time on a RP server, but I don't RP. BG is a really good community but if you are curious post something on the server forums. Also the RPers there have there own website. Check it out too. http://begerencolony.org/forum/index.php

Might want to check this website. It features all the rp servers.

http://www.swtor-rp.com/