imp pvp since transfers...

obnoxioussage

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to do a couple warzones on my sorc last night. Gotta love the smash jugg from CP raging about how bad we all were. Mind you, we were fighting one of the bugged matches 6 v 8 in Voidstar. If that is what pvp on JC has come down to, people crying at their own teammates without noticing the mismatch in numbers, I'm not sure how much longer I'll hold out. I've already taken a gunslinger and merc to pot5. But the pvp here is just downright painful at times now.

I've noticed a lot of same faction matches (ie imp v imp and pub v pub). There was one day i only got one pub v imp game in the 2 hours i was pvping. I've been trying to coordinate with Unicorn's the past week with the ranked kickball games by trying to get pub groups going. Overall it seems like I get more evenly matched games

I ran into a Pillars of Ashla superqueue, last night. My pug stomped them pretty good. I felt bad about that. Sorry guys.

Ran into there healer tonight Ashes i think the name was. I felt so bad I wanted to send this person some burn ointment for the light saber burn i left behind. LOL

Why do they super queue? lol

I don't know, its weird. I've seen them do it a few times in lowbie. Seems pretty unnecessary to me considering the level of competition is pretty low in that bracket. I mean topping the charts in lowbie is kinda like having the best SAT score in your sped math class a lot of times. Then again I've been on teams that stomp their superqueues so its not like they're getting an unfair advantage. More power to them i guess.

I didn't bring it up to be mean or roast them for it... And I legit felt bad. My JC guild wants to start up a team for ranked and if we super queue using voice chat supposedly practicing for rateds and lost as bad as they to some pugs, I imagine the ol' self confidence would take a major hit. I hope they don't let this stop them and keep working towards getting better.

PvP will always be a shìtshow on JC. Sometimes its like trying to piss through a cheerio from 100m away and other times its like running over a bunch of kittens with a lawnmower. Its always amusing regardless.

PvP will always be a shìtshow on JC. Sometimes its like trying to piss through a cheerio from 100m away and other times its like running over a bunch of kittens with a lawnmower. Its always amusing regardless.

Lol now I can't unsee it. Damn you :p

Why do they super queue? lol

Ex-Pillars pvp officer here. When I found out that these "new" (i think many of them are new to the game) pillars started superqueueing on a regular basis in 55s and lowbies and had the audacity to post videos of them on the SWTOR boards, I did everything I could to discourage this behaviour to these players, but I got partially shut down and not surprisingly I have had minimal effect. As far as they care, they think they're having lots of fun and think they're improving, but they don't seem to grasp the disrespect they are inflicting on themselves and more importantly everyone else on the server.

I would like to add that many of you know of the Pillars of old that ran legit competitive ranked every week against Uncensored, LD50, QQ, Infidels, etc. such as Bellatormortis, Letareus, Scrubin, Daney (myself) and didn't do or condone crap like this. 99% of us have since moved on to other guilds and/or switched servers or quit the game, and I would like to say that we have nothing to do with the ideology of these new crop of Pillars players. Sad to hear our old reputation is going down this way. Please remember us fondly. :)

Dany

p.s. you all have my full endorsement to defeat these pillars superqueue with full prejudice. ;)

Edited by Underpowered

Ex-Pillars pvp officer here. When I found out that these "new" (i think many of them are new to the game) pillars started superqueueing on a regular basis in 55s and lowbies and had the audacity to post videos of them on the SWTOR boards, I did everything I could to discourage this behaviour to these players, but I got partially shut down and not surprisingly I have had minimal effect.

Personally, I didn't think it was the old school Pillars players superqueuing (I know many of you quit or have been playing imp). I'm glad you said something though. I enjoyed pvp'ing with the old guys back in the day (C.Ordo) and still played some wz's with Letareus right before I took a break. Hope you're doing well man.

/Conji

Ex-Pillars pvp officer here. When I found out that these "new" (i think many of them are new to the game) pillars started superqueueing on a regular basis in 55s and lowbies and had the audacity to post videos of them on the SWTOR boards, I did everything I could to discourage this behaviour to these players, but I got partially shut down and not surprisingly I have had minimal effect. As far as they care, they think they're having lots of fun and think they're improving, but they don't seem to grasp the disrespect they are inflicting on themselves and more importantly everyone else on the server.

I would like to add that many of you know of the Pillars of old that ran legit competitive ranked every week against Uncensored, LD50, QQ, Infidels, etc. such as Bellatormortis, Letareus, Scrubin, Daney (myself) and didn't do or condone crap like this. 99% of us have since moved on to other guilds and/or switched servers or quit the game, and I would like to say that we have nothing to do with the ideology of these new crop of Pillars players. Sad to hear our old reputation is going down this way. Please remember us fondly. :)

Dany

p.s. you all have my full endorsement to defeat these pillars superqueue with full prejudice. ;)

I remember you guys as a solid pvp guild back in the day, and even still see a few fairly solid players in warzones from time to time. My imp guild <ewokalypse> declined in a similar way as more and more of the original members quit to the point that the only notable pvpers we have left are myself, and a couple others. I'm sure the people who have been doing this simply don't know any better. I mean best case scenario when you superqueue you stomp the other team and the entire server hates you, sort of what happened to the unicorns. If you lose you embarrass yourself and lose all confidence like andressa mentioned. I mean its always great to see new people taking an interest in pvp on our server but they do need to learn the etiquette, and superqueues are a no no. But anyways I don't think anyone holds the actions of some new recruits against the original members.

I ran into a Pillars of Ashla superqueue, last night. My pug stomped them pretty good. I felt bad about that. Sorry guys.

Hey hey your PvP host with the most Ashes here! Juice you certainly did stomp the hell out of us. GG! Your team and your performance was awesome. See you in the WZ! glhf

Ran into there healer tonight Ashes i think the name was. I felt so bad I wanted to send this person some burn ointment for the light saber burn i left behind. LOL

Yeah there were some nasty sentinels out saturday night. If you were one of them thanks for making it hurt to sit down. I/We had a lot of fun....running for my life. See you all soon in the WZ! GLHF

Dany

Dany....

Your voice was heard. Please allow me to apologize for any 'taint' to your reputation for my actions. However i do think its important to note the interest in PvP in PoA is growing and along the way i made a decision without considering how it may have impacted you and what you have accomplished. Please allow me to assure you there is nothing i can do to take away all that you and the others accomplished in the golden age of PoA PvP. You and those you named will be forever great and remembered as such.

But...as you know people and times change. You are gone from PoA and I am here. My goal is one and one only to make PvP as fun and accessible for all who play on my team or head to head with me. I have started organizing PvP teams Friday and Saturday nights. I will be posting on the JC server boards with a link on the PvP forums.

Friday Night Fights for 30-54 and Saturday Nights for 55. Now for you and everyone else please know that these nights we will be queueing with as many or as few people that join. Friday we had between 3-6 and Saturday we hit a max of 4. I think as interest grows and word gets out we may eventually be able to put together a rated team after 6-8 weeks. I understand that isnt the way you did it, but i am supporting it now and this is the way its gonna be.

So with all of that i hope you can find time and stop by. if not see you in WZ. GLHF!

Ash

Edited by FurienLongbollt

Dany....

Your voice was heard. Please allow me to apologize for any 'taint' to your reputation for my actions. However i do think its important to note the interest in PvP in PoA is growing and along the way i made a decision without considering how it may have impacted you and what you have accomplished. Please allow me to assure you there is nothing i can do to take away all that you and the others accomplished in the golden age of PoA PvP. You and those you named will be forever great and remembered as such.

But...as you know people and times change. You are gone from PoA and I am here. My goal is one and one only to make PvP as fun and accessible for all who play on my team or head to head with me. I have started organizing PvP teams Friday and Saturday nights. I will be posting on the JC server boards with a link on the PvP forums.

Friday Night Fights for 30-54 and Saturday Nights for 55. Now for you and everyone else please know that these nights we will be queueing with as many or as few people that join. Friday we had between 3-6 and Saturday we hit a max of 4. I think as interest grows and word gets out we may eventually be able to put together a rated team after 6-8 weeks. I understand that isnt the way you did it, but i am supporting it now and this is the way its gonna be.

So with all of that i hope you can find time and stop by. if not see you in WZ. GLHF!

Ash

Just a quick word of advice. if you link your videos in the pvp forum you're gonna get trolled really really hard. So be ready for that because it will happen. Other than that more community interest in pvp is never a bad thing, especially with all the departures we've had lately, so good to see you guys having fun and good luck getting a rated team together.

I've been reduced to guarding just about every game I've played since transfers happened because I can't trust the pugs anymore. Not that you could trust a pug before in pvp, but now if you make the mistake you'll be threecapped every game because people want that middle turret so goddamn bad that they're willing to send all eight to it and say **** the rest. Now this may just be me being bored with guarding, but you don't want a tank-which is a rarity as it is-wasting their utility guarding while people can't dps for **** anymore and are wasting time with their pitiful deathmatches. The ****** sin dps should be sitting down for their defender medals if they aren't doing anything useful and end up below me in damage dealt.

It's still good when a premade happens, but as the others have said... that's really the only way to have fun in JC pvp. After a while even that gets sad...

Ash

hey ash,

let me ask you a pretty simple quesiton: what is the maximum number of players you can queue at once in a regular WZ?

now a follow-up: why is that?

don't be a superQing ash-hole.

hey ash,

let me ask you a pretty simple quesiton: what is the maximum number of players you can queue at once in a regular WZ?

now a follow-up: why is that?

don't be a superQing ash-hole.

Four.

Because the devs built it that way. Another thing they built was an ignore button and a little clock by your map. if you dont want to play please place me on ignore and from 9:30 to 11:30 fridays troll someone else.