imp pvp since transfers...

obnoxioussage

Obviously the Pubs have long been the stronger faction on this server, but it seems to me that faction balance has taken a turn to the absurd since server transfers started. Maybe I've just been playing at the wrong times, and all the fresh 55s from double experience weekend certainly hasn't helped but when I've played my marauder lately about 75% of my games have been absolute facerolls in favor of the pubs. I've had the opposite experience on my Pub toons. The troubling thing about these games is that they haven't come at the hands of organized premades but simply competent republic pug groups. I feel like there is just too small a pool of competent, experienced imps to even compete most of the time. I was just wondering if others have had similar experiences?

I know there are some good players that have stuck around through transfers and really I think the only way any of us will be able to win with any consistency is if we start forming premades. Maybe a few smaller guilds can merge, or maybe some of us can get together and start something new. I just think the serious pvpers that are left need to stick together or before long we'll all be transferring to POT5 and the server will suffer for it. Thoughts?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EA 101 dude milk your player base for as much money as you can THAN give them what they have been asking for since launch.

That being cross server wz qs.... they'll kick in to high gear to work on cross server qs so they can get it out before eso comes out but like lol this is only after they have taken money from us with their paid xfers...

Sorry to hear jc might be going down hill for pub side or whatever.

EA 101 dude milk your player base for as much money as you can THAN give them what they have been asking for since launch.

That being cross server wz qs.... they'll kick in to high gear to work on cross server qs so they can get it out before eso comes out but like lol this is only after they have taken money from us with their paid xfers...

Sorry to hear jc might be going down hill for pub side or whatever.

yeah, I'm sure they're making a killing on these transfers. Its basically extorting longtime subscribers into paying them more money or deal with watered down pvp. Pretty immoral, but this is EA we're talking about so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Good luck to you and the rest of bloodline on POT5 though, hope its all its cracked up to be.

I've noticed an increase in trolls more than anything. And obviously as a result it makes for some really painful matches. Just tonight I questioned a pug teammate for sitting in stealth and not contributing. He told me he was eating a cheeseburger. I mean, he pays his sub and can do whatever he wishes.... I guess?

Most 55 bracket wz's feel like lowbies. People using CC in their dps rotation is quite common. I chuckle when I'm being 1v3'd and I get Cryo'd, Force Stunned and Force Choked all within 2 GCD's. Clearly people aren't paying attention. In a game with skilled players misusing your CC will cost you a node or door and possibly the game. Not everyone is pro, nor am I suggesting that I am. But there's an expectation in the 55 bracket that you know your class a decent amount. Your spec and rotation should be solid. Your gear is constantly being updated. etc, etc.

Obviously grouping with friends/guildies is the way to go, now more than ever. But all it takes is 1 pug that doesn't call "inc" to fack everything up.

I've noticed an increase in trolls more than anything. And obviously as a result it makes for some really painful matches. Just tonight I questioned a pug teammate for sitting in stealth and not contributing. He told me he was eating a cheeseburger. I mean, he pays his sub and can do whatever he wishes.... I guess?

Most 55 bracket wz's feel like lowbies. People using CC in their dps rotation is quite common. I chuckle when I'm being 1v3'd and I get Cryo'd, Force Stunned and Force Choked all within 2 GCD's. Clearly people aren't paying attention. In a game with skilled players misusing your CC will cost you a node or door and possibly the game. Not everyone is pro, nor am I suggesting that I am. But there's an expectation in the 55 bracket that you know your class a decent amount. Your spec and rotation should be solid. Your gear is constantly being updated. etc, etc.

Obviously grouping with friends/guildies is the way to go, now more than ever. But all it takes is 1 pug that doesn't call "inc" to fack everything up.

Hey eating a cheeseburger is a legit excuse, we've all been there. I'm pretty sure thats the only reason people play stealth classes. In all seriousness though its been bad on the imp side. I'm usually not one to rage in warzones but there have been a few games lately that have got me going a little bit. For example yesterday a 23k sorc had the ball in huttball and a clear path to the game winning score, as well as two teammates with him. He gets jumped by a sentinel and immediately pops barrier reseting the ball. He had full health and there was a under a minute left in the game. It was a classic case of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and these moments are becoming more and more common on the imp side. LD50 leaving seems to have been an invitation for all the derps that don't want to compete or get better to flood the queue.

yeah, I'm sure they're making a killing on these transfers. Its basically extorting longtime subscribers into paying them more money or deal with watered down pvp. Pretty immoral, but this is EA we're talking about so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Good luck to you and the rest of bloodline on POT5 though, hope its all its cracked up to be.

Thanks for the luck wishes :cool: God speed to those that are staying on JC for good.

quality of pvpers on both sides has fallen dramatically... i think pub side is slightly better off because we have several solo-queueing pvpers who did not transfer... however, if you don't have good pvpers on the team (imp or pub), its a wash.

i've personally been winning more recently, but i dont really think its has as much to do with pub >> imps (maybe a little) as it has to do with the other team cant kill me (generally lacking the DPS and/or the coordination to do so).

I'm one of those solo queuing Pub players. Any good pub pvp guilds left that are recruiting?

I joined <jawas stole my bike> yesterday. Its a smaller guild(probably 9-10 active members) with a lot of players who just returned to the game fairly recently. We have quite a few real solid pvpers though and I know there's some interest in starting a rated team within the next couple weeks. I don't want to overstep my bounds as a new member but I'm pretty sure they're open to adding more good players, especially someone with rated experience who can help with strats and stuff like that. Other than that the only pub side guild left that I see consistently in warzones is Prime D.

Well i been winning more matches imp side since server transfers it been pretty good fights with neither side face rolling. since. This mean as fare as Population the server is pretty balanced. Since server transfers. XP weekend has brought some not so good pugs to both side. With less pre made pub side since transfers. All in all been having fun in pvp

awful lot of same faction matches for me...no matter which faction I'm playing.

every imp team I was on lost a node while someone was there guarding it (CW - lost 3 nodes). I think cr'ysta ninja capped 2 of them.

pops themselves aren't bad mid day.

think I have more fun in forums than in-game though. :rolleyes:

yah I'm thinking I was just having an extended run of really, really bad luck on my imps. I've had a lot of teams with 4-5 severely undergeared people, like >25k health. There are definitely still some good players out there on both sides. It seems like the imps get much more competitive later on in the night when a lot of the scrubs are asleep. It really does depend on time of day though it seems. Earlier in the week I had 6 resounding losses in a row on my marauder from about 2-4pm eastern time.

Over the last few nights though I've run into a few familiar faces on the imp side while playing my scoundrel that I thought might have left. Last night I had a few real close back and forth matches on my with a solid CP premade with some unicorns sprinkled in. Both factions are without a doubt viable. I find that the imps have a higher percentage of derps but honestly that was the case before transfers as well.

wel lowbie has been amazing for imps :)

went 10 for 10 last night was amazing now we need that to carry over to 55 lol

True... Leveling my op has been a blast.

And people seem so happy to see me in WZs. It's kinda funny...

Edited by ace_boogie

wel lowbie has been amazing for imps :)

went 10 for 10 last night was amazing now we need that to carry over to 55 lol

Looking forward to seeing you in a wz...and bring Nalc with you while your at it!

awful lot of same faction matches for me...no matter which faction I'm playing.

every imp team I was on lost a node while someone was there guarding it (CW - lost 3 nodes). I think cr'ysta ninja capped 2 of them.

pops themselves aren't bad mid day.

think I have more fun in forums than in-game though. :rolleyes:

so much imp v imp earlier :p

P.S. imps my scoundrel is up to 29, so guessing 55 by winter

Edited by iimagiicii

With the 500 cartel coins bioware gave us all for whatever reason today i now have enough saved up to cover a transfer. I think I'm gonna send my marauder over to POT5 to at least check it out. I'll still be a pretty common sight in warzones here though as thats only one of my 6 toons, and I play most of them pretty regularly. I heard there's a huge epidemic of warzone quitters over there:rolleyes: hopefully that's been exaggerated a little bit.