So could I take orange/moddable gear from another class and put end game mods in it?

ReckonerH

Lets say at level 55 I get the end game gear and I decide I dont like the way it looks, do the operation or pvp gear have certain stats that come with it that cant be taken out, or is it entirely replaceable? And if so, could I take another classes moddable gear and put in the ops/pvp gear mods from my classes gear in it? Will I be losing out on any stats? Assuming of course that the other class also uses the same type of armour of course. Light armour with light armour, heavy with heavy, etc.

Works. I had a trooper friend who used to run around wearing a smuggler hat. He didn't even care that he lost armoring because of the heavy to medium change. Unless it is a piece that says usable ONLY by certain classes you can do it.

Works. I had a trooper friend who used to run around wearing a smuggler hat. He didn't even care that he lost armoring because of the heavy to medium change. Unless it is a piece that says usable ONLY by certain classes you can do it.

Had? Does he still play?

just keep in mind that they are bound to the particular slot piece, so a headgear mod will only go into another head slot

Just to be clear, only the armoring mod is tied to the slot (which I assume is what you meant above). The mod and the enhancement can go in any slot when taken out.

Just to be clear, only the armoring mod is tied to the slot (which I assume is what you meant above). The mod and the enhancement can go in any slot when taken out.

as yes sorry, meant armoring. wasnt clear on my part