WTB Advanced Class respec.

Kodokai

WTB Advanced Class respec, having to deal with pug tanks has shaked my will to live. Feels like "WOW" all over again. So yeh give me the ability to pay a large sum of credits to change, heck i'll even part with my 100k to stop these painful experiences.

Inb4 level to 38 again.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, you were not in "b4" - People are new to the game, and dont fully understand yet.

Ive sat there, for an hour in white nova boarding party EXPLAINING how to beat the bridge trio in the most simplistic english ever created to three seperate tanks.

It's nothing about being "new" to the game, its how your brain works.

Some people are very slow at picking up information and accepting advice. I know they can be annoying, but you can either dig deep and educate these dense souls, or ignore them.

God knows I ignore most of them.

God knows ive tried to help them but some sort of brain chemical imbalance is stopping them from operating at sufficient levels. All in all we've wasted likes of our time to the breaking point of giving up.

Really hope they do stick the option in, i would love it. You can babysit DPS but you cant babysit tanks.

The game just launched, give it some time. There will be many players who may not have played an MMORPG before - who bought SWTOR because they're huge Star Wars fans. The knack of being aware of aggro is something that you can only learn after spending a fair bit of time playing.

The game just launched, give it some time. There will be many players who may not have played an MMORPG before - who bought SWTOR because they're huge Star Wars fans. The knack of being aware of aggro is something that you can only learn after spending a fair bit of time playing.

Yes thats going to help, theres some people who've played since vanilla wow & still awful.

Next defensive statement? Being bad due to it being a new game is an invalid excuse. I'd rather they add in AC respec & allow those people who are decent at tanking tank instead of leveling up 39 levels again.

Being bad due to it being a new game is an invalid excuse.

It is???

That may be the single dumbest thing I have read on these forums, and that's saying something.

You are the reason why anti-social people shouldn't play cooperative multi player games.

Ive sat there, for an hour in white nova boarding party EXPLAINING how to beat the bridge trio in the most simplistic english ever created to three seperate tanks.

It's nothing about being "new" to the game, its how your brain works.

How many players want to play with people acting rude? If you treat them poorly, of course they're not going to take in your message as well as they could of if you were positive.

People who are level 39 already aren't new to MMO's, so I think the real issue is people being used to all the "tank and spank" bosses from WoW. They are not used to having to think. I may take a while yet for people to realize this game requires effort. The challenge is what makes it fun.

My advice for you would be to join a guild of friends or pros because that's the only way to avoid these people; well, other than not doing the dungeon at all.

I do know you can have your trees wiped and reassign your skill points at a Skill Mentor (should be able to find one on the Fleet) during beta, but I can't remember how much it cost. Also, that would only work if your selected Adv Class has a tank tree.

I'm a marauder, we dont have a tanking tree :p

You really need to chill out.

Not counting early access, the game has been out a little more than 24 hours.

Lets pray its not 6 months after launch, think i would of died by then

It is???

That may be the single dumbest thing I have read on these forums, and that's saying something.

You are the reason why anti-social people shouldn't play cooperative multi player games.

ROFL????

I've never been bad at any game across, any genre. You're either naturally good or you arnt as its the same with sports.

How many players want to play with people acting rude? If you treat them poorly, of course they're not going to take in your message as well as they could of if you were positive.

Erm, i was polite but theres only so much you can take before you lose hope in humanity.

Edited by Kodokai

What some of you don't seem to understand is the advanced class is a class not a spec. You can't switch between a warrior and mage in other games why should you be able to here?

Dual spec within an AC is reasonable though.

That statements so flawed im giggling. Both AC's share quite a few of the same abiilities with the extra few keeping them apart. A Mage doesnt have charge like the warrior however SW do, the only hard bit would be collecting heavy armor after changing over.

Nice try though.

I've never been bad at any game across, any genre. You're either naturally good or you arnt as its the same with sports.

Uh huh...

right...

I guess you've never experience such greatness:cool:

What some of you don't seem to understand is the advanced class is a class not a spec. You can't switch between a warrior and mage in other games why should you be able to here?

Dual spec within an AC is reasonable though.

This.

I do not want to see the ability to switch AC.

I actually don't want them to initiate AC changes, if anything what you will probably see is them charging RL money to do so, I mean in the grand scheme of things it's sort of retarded to say "Oh I'm XX level now and I don't like the way tanks do things so I want to swap over to a COMPLETELY different AC than I chose when they gave me the option, warned me this was permanent and even gave me a preview of what I was getting into"

This is a new game, GTF over it and roll a new character if you want a tank, I'm leveling my sage a healer and she's staying that way, I'm going to level another character to be a DPS/Tank, just the way it's going to be. I wouldn't AC swap even if they offered it because I think it just waters down the game and makes it less interesting.