How to Make Arenas/2.4 Successful

ManiacDavis

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im afraid of potential arenas

i picture it all being operatives and assasins

Dont worry, as simple as that may appear, it is getting countered very easily once players are further along the learning curve.

Edited by Occu_lus

4 assassin gank squad can tear anybody apart within 2 global cooldowns.

Assuming their targets mates would decide to go spectater mode, probably. Otherwise they would have to sacrifice arguably the most important defensive CD to pull this off and even then I doubt there is any class that will die to that, mentally prepared for what is coming. The target choice of this comp will be very predictable and the enemy team can prepare accordingly. If the target doesnt die, it s pretty much a lost game.

Assuming their targets mates would decide to go spectater mode, probably. Otherwise they would have to sacrifice arguably the most important defensive CD to pull this off and even then I doubt there is any class that will die to that, mentally prepared for what is coming. The target choice of this comp will be very predictable and the enemy team can prepare accordingly. If the target doesnt die, it s pretty much a lost game.

It doesn't matter how good you are, you cannot switch guards and heal through four stealth classes fast enough.

It doesn't matter how good you are, you cannot switch guards and heal through four stealth classes fast enough.

I dont know where I mentioned any of this. I was talking about peels and avoidance (assuming you know what this is). Since you dont even seem to be willing to read my posts I dont think there is any point arguing with you really.

Edited by Occu_lus

I dont know where I mentioned any of this. I was talking about peels and avoidance (assuming you know what this is). Since you dont even seem to be willing to read my posts I dont think there is any point arguing with you really.

How are you going to be able peel/avoid when they can sap you, cc everyone else and burst another teammate down? Rinse and repeat GG

How are you going to be able peel/avoid when they can sap you, cc everyone else and burst another teammate down? Rinse and repeat GG

If they manage to CC your entire team without your team getting anyone out of stealth, you literally deserve to lose. This simply wont happen if your team thinks about positioning

The following is a list of what I would like to see in 2.4. Feel free to add anything that you think would be helpful as well.

1.) Statistic Tracking Available from a Central Tab

Every PvP'er plays for a sole purpose. That is to increase his e-p3nis and say that he is the best (well maybe not every pvper but most). Currently, in order to see someone's rating, you have to individually type there name into /who and look for them. There is no other information available. This needs to change.

Create leaderboards that track all stats seen in a warzone (DPS, Heal, Guard, etc) so that we can see the amazing feats that our peers have achieved. Let us sort by highest dmg in a warzone and see who took the highest mark, then show us where in the leaderboard we fall. Create a ladder system for ranked so that guilds can be ranked not just individual players.

2.) Balance

Balance is always hard in an MMO. I would rather see minor tweaks every week as opposed to massive tweaks every couple of months. With these major tweaks, it is hard to see what has worked and what has not, it also makes you more susceptible to bugs/exploits entering the game because so much more content needs to be tested. Whereas with minor tweaks, it is nice and easy throughout the week to see if it is working as intended through the data. It is better to have a revolving door of overpowered classes than to have 1-2 classes always played.

3.) Ability to Rejoin Ranked Warzones

Disconnects happen, and when they do in a ranked warzone it is game over for your team. A ranked warzone currently does not allow anyone reentering the warzone, so leave a spot open so that the person who disconnected can rejoin. This is probably one of the biggest gripes among the current ranked community.

4.) Tell the PvP community your plans for new pvp content and put it on a schedule.

How often should we be expecting pvp content? We all know that content for everyone will release within 8 week periods. The last semi-pvp update was 2.0 with new abilities. Is this the new norm that pvp'ers are to wait 4 patches (2.0-2.4) for new content? That is an 8 month period for new pvp content and that timetable should be radically reduced. We would rather see small continual updates as opposed to big yearly updates.

5.) Foster the E-sports Community

There are tons of streamers and video makers creating swtor content and advertising for your game. You guys need to take advantage of this community and give them the tools to properly spectate games as they are going and give them background statistics/ladders so they can effectively communicate. Invite the top 16 ranked teams to a private pvp server where they can copy their characters and have an official BW hosted pvp tournament with a cash prize that can be broadcasted. This is easy publicity for your game and this is the reason games like Starcraft 2 or League of Legends are so successful.

6.) Play with the devs monthly events

Knowing that the devs not only work on the game but also play the game for fun is a great sign that the devs have faith in their product. Host monthly events on different servers where players can kill/protect the devs or devs give cool items out to players doing PvE content. For example, on a certain day/time in August, 4 developers (2 imp and 2 rep) are on Black Hole (a nice small area to pvp in). It is the communities goal to protect their own developer while killing the other.

Planetside 2 developers do a weekly "Friday Night Ops" with their community and swap servers every event. This not only creates publicity for your game but also boosts the morale of current players by creating truly emergent and dynamic gameplay.

What other thoughts do you guys have?

they never will be because there's always the doubt for the ppl who run the hacks. until they take that seriously they'll never have a respectable tournament.