72 barrel over conq?

Khalous

I am about done with gearing out my gunnery commando, but I am considering upgrading from the conq weapon to a pve 72 barrel with whatever other mods/enh I can afford. Has anyone tried this out before?

What tech bonus damage did you get, and how much expertise did you lose?

I bought it. the 72 barrel is just barely better than the conq cannon, with 66 mod and enh.

lost about 2% damage bonus from exp, gained about 4% bonus tech damage, among other things. If anyone cares, or is alive; I can post hard numbers tonight.

This thread got me thinking (and Mathing), and I've found that my PVE cannon with 72 barrel and 69 mods + power crystal +66 aug IS more powerful in WZ's due to bolster AND more powerful in open world pvp.

My Aug'd Partisan cannon is several percentage points weaker in both scenarios.

A commando truly is only as powerful as his barrel.

Edited by Tweaked

• 2 weeks later...

A buddy gave me a crafted 54 purple... even with the most recent patch, it tests out as 50dmg higher than the 72, and much higher than the conq. Very little vitality on it though.

The pve cannon gives me more health and damage, with only 2% more damage taken... the 54 is less than a fraction of a percent though.

To a merc eh?

I reach up to 10k+ on my merc, 72 assault cannon and generator everything else part/conq.

Main requirement is for the target to be some pansy *** dress wearer or a FOTM gun class with extra points if they are badly geared so they have low expertise and low stats.

Maximum crits are also affected by Surge (which you boost by abandoning accuracy) and whether you are under the effects of temporary damage boosters at the time such as a SA relic.

I do have accuracy because I'm not keen on Unload missing or High Impact Bolt however the highest player base dodge chance is consulars on 10% who take sick damage from anything that doesn't miss. Minimum is the 5% that bounty hunters have. I roll with 97ish.

That shot was with full conq/part gear. As shown on the screen shot.

Used legacy to transfer the pve barrel/weapon to a recently 55 merc... which is now one of the best geared toons in most of its pvp matches. Why are people not preparing for 55 pvp anymore? So many are queueing with sub 24k health.

That shot was with full conq/part gear. As shown on the screen shot.

Used legacy to transfer the pve barrel/weapon to a recently 55 merc... which is now one of the best geared toons in most of its pvp matches. Why are people not preparing for 55 pvp anymore? So many are queueing with sub 24k health.

2x XP makes it really hard to max out comms while leveling

To a merc eh?

I reach up to 10k+ on my merc, 72 assault cannon and generator everything else part/conq.

Main requirement is for the target to be some pansy *** dress wearer or a FOTM gun class with extra points if they are badly geared so they have low expertise and low stats.

Maximum crits are also affected by Surge (which you boost by abandoning accuracy) and whether you are under the effects of temporary damage boosters at the time such as a SA relic.

I do have accuracy because I'm not keen on Unload missing or High Impact Bolt however the highest player base dodge chance is consulars on 10% who take sick damage from anything that doesn't miss. Minimum is the 5% that bounty hunters have. I roll with 97ish.

So far, the best weapon for warzones is still the 54 purple crafted cannon. Because Tech power and base barrel damage is bolstered, you relay on stats, and this weapon have the best pointwise stats (190+ power and 110 surge makes up for endurance loss) and is still bolstered better than 72 mods.