[PETITION] Please Buff Rewards Gained From Warzones! Stop Punishing Your PvP'ers!

MrJurgens

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm all for a buff to rewards from WZs, I honestly don't understand how so many of you peeps are broke. It just makes zero sense. All I do on my toons is PvP. When leveling toons, I mix in Class Stories but that is the extent of the PvE I do. I haven't run a PvE Daily since before Patch 1.2. Yet I have one Legacy with over 20 million credits and another Legacy with over 10 million.

Stims, grenades, mod swapping when min/max'ing, augment kits, augments, augmenting. Not to mention if you want to change your look the amount of money spent to transfer armoring/mods then re-augment is astounding.

I don't have time to craft things to sell. I'm too busy crafting the things I need to stay competitive (nades and stims)

you don't need credits if all you do is PVP... you don't spend them on repairs,travel = you don't need more gains.

need fast creds? do dailies, can do them with pvp gear.

need good big credits? do trade.

don't like trading and dailies? get cartel coins and sell stuff from cartel market.. ah that's trading...

if you don't like making credits, don't expect to make credits... doh!.

If only ripping out mods for min/maxing and buying augments and kits and the price to augment something was free.

I do think you should get more rewards for warzones and whether or not that means increasing credits from wins/losses or more daily weekly options. Something like offer 3 types options for a new weekly and daily, you could only pick one and they would focus on damage, protection and healing like achieve X amount of whatever.

Buy lockboxes.

Wait I did the math on this...

10 WZ Comms = 1 WZ Medpac

10 WZ Comms = 1 WZ Stim

40 WZ Comms = 1 Planitary Comm

30 WZ Comms = 10 RWZ Comm

50 WZ Comms = 1100-1900 credits

871475 WZ Comms = Full Set Conqueror (Not M/M)

871475 WZ Comms ~ 19172450 Credits straight up

So a full set of Conqueror gear is valued at 19,172,450 credits and you want us to buy the credit boxes???

Edited by Tragamite

Wait I did the math on this...

10 WZ Comms = 1 WZ Medpac

10 WZ Comms = 1 WZ Stim

40 WZ Comms = 1 Planitary Comm

30 WZ Comms = 10 RWZ Comm

50 WZ Comms = 1100-1900 credits

871475 WZ Comms = Full Set Conqueror (Not M/M)

871475 WZ Comms ~ 19172450 Credits straight up

So a full set of Conqueror gear is valued at 19,172,450 credits and you want us to buy the credit boxes???

Glad this post is here. Anyone else that tells us to buy these credit boxes that only contain 1–1.5k credits just needs to shut up.

:(

While I'm all for a buff to rewards from WZs, I honestly don't understand how so many of you peeps are broke. It just makes zero sense. All I do on my toons is PvP. When leveling toons, I mix in Class Stories but that is the extent of the PvE I do. I haven't run a PvE Daily since before Patch 1.2. Yet I have one Legacy with over 20 million credits and another Legacy with over 10 million.

All I do to make credits on my toons is run Gathering/Crafting Crew Skill missions while I PvP. If all you really do is PvP, then this is a very simple no-brainer. Just queue your companions up when you start PvPing and keep them rolling as you continue playing. When you are done, sell what you accumulated. It's stupid easy.

You can mix in some actual crafting if you want, but Gathering missions themselves will make you a ton of credits. This is not rocket science. It's just point and click stuff. Nobody in this game should be broke if all they do is PvP.

This makes sense. PvP isn't rough, its balanced out and fun to do. This is like the perfect guide to making money, leveling (if you dont enjoy PvE like my self) and getting gear. I dig this post,

If only ripping out mods for min/maxing and buying augments and kits and the price to augment something was free.

I do think you should get more rewards for warzones and whether or not that means increasing credits from wins/losses or more daily weekly options. Something like offer 3 types options for a new weekly and daily, you could only pick one and they would focus on damage, protection and healing like achieve X amount of whatever.

kits and augments can be done, I pvp with 3 chars, nothing else is done with them, I can rip mods, send missions all the times, and I'm on + on cash in the end of a day.

unless you go in one WZ, check stats, leave, rip all mods to replace with different, enter another WZ, see stats, leave, rip all mods off etc..

augments are a bit of pain, but they last for ever (read: until better ones come), so it's a one time spend. they don't break. so if you do double spec, you only need 28 holes and 28 augments.

unless, you change looks every day and need tons of kits.. :rolleyes:

did it with my PT, she was dps, moved to tanking (not cause of 'nerfs', but when I read that they changed how shield works. briliant), she (yeah, I refer to my chars by their gender, and saying 'I did on her' would be plain wrong lol) did her own augments and kits, just with pvp rewards.. and I don't pvp that much (simple one daily, I don't have time to bother with 2 dailies one day)...

Edited by Atramar

Here's some maths:

With the current prices on bastion the cost of adding one augment slot is ~110k (conservative estimate). The cost of the augments themselves is 9k for blues or 100k-200k for purples. Since augments don't get bolstered you really need purples if you want to do rated, so your main set of gear can end up costing you 14x300k or roughly 4.2 million credits, just for augments.

Of course, it doesn't end there. Since bioware decided to put ****** mods in every single slot for every piece of gear, each piece ends up costing anywhere between 15k-20k depending on how expensive the pieces are (cuz, you still need the set bonus). Obviously this doesn't apply to relics and implants/earpiece, so it's 9 slots. It adds up to ~200k, which you multiply times 2 since you also have to pull the new mods out to move them when you replace the old mods. So say 400k for the actual gear, if you decided to go conqueror right off the bat.

Total bill: 4.6m credits for one character, not including upgrades from partisan to conqueror.

Now, that's for one character and one set of gear. I have 6 characters at 55, and 2 of them need both a dps and a tank set, as a minimum. With 6 55's I have to augment/mod 6 sets of gear.

Total bill: 36.8m credits minimum for my account (I.E., not including different gear for different specs on marauders)

This process roughly repeats every time a new tier of pvp gear is released.

Now, let's say the average wz gives between 3k and 7500 credits (used torbattles.com to find high and low values). Rateds afaik don't give credits at all (scoreboards don't say they do). Let's assume you play regs normally and win 50% of the time, (debatable since most regular pvpers do rated) that means you make on average 5.25k credits per wz.

So how many wz's does it take you to fully pay for all those characters' gear sets? 36.8m/5.25k, or 7009 warzones.

Assuming each warzone lasts 10 minutes (again conservative) that's:

1168 hours or 48 days.

Realistically, 48x3=144 days of constant pvp since even nolifer jobless people can't usually play more than 8 hours a day without stabbing their own eyes out, just to pay for the pvp gear you want to pvp in. Again this assumes aren't actually playing any rateds with the rated gear you bought, if you're actually playing rateds it gets infinitely worse.

It's fuzzy math with a lot of estimation in there, but seriously 144 *********** days of pvp to pay for our pvp gear is ********.

Edited by JP_Legatus

So how many wz's does it take you to fully pay for all those characters' gear sets? 36.8m/5.25k, or 7009 warzones.

how about doing augments your self.

I could do it, you can do it.

if you want money, work for it, there is no reason everything should be handed to you just for queing in a WZ never leaving the fleet.

there are many ways of making credits.

how about doing augments your self.

I could do it, you can do it.

if you want money, work for it, there is no reason everything should be handed to you just for queing in a WZ never leaving the fleet.

there are many ways of making credits.

The point seems to have flown directly over your head. I suggest looking up there for signs of the things you missed.

I'll help you out: pve players make credits by doing more pve. Pvp players can't do that.

Edited by JP_Legatus

The point seems to have flown directly over your head. I suggest looking up there for signs of the things you missed.

I'm not against balancing rewards, I'm against people in this thread complaining that they don't want to work for money but to have lot of money simply by queing in.

I already stated, my pvp chars never leave fleet, always run crew skills when I play them, and I always have more money when I log out then when I log in. only way to have it any different, would be to buy weird expensive stuff on GTN, or by spending credits unneficently other way.

there are expenses, like making augment place, but it's managable.

you don't need to buy revan mask. if you want to buy revan mask, work for it.

what is stopping pvp player from doing black hole daily? it's simple and fast, can be done between ques if you need money that much.

you don't need to do pve to make money.

in fact, real money isn't PVE, PVE dailies are simple, small creds. real cash is on the market, and you don't need to leave fleet for that.

Edited by Atramar

what is stopping pvp player from doing black hole daily?

It's pve.

I don't feel it's necessary to repeat myself so I won't, but I did address your point already. You said you are in favor of balancing rewards and that is all we ask.

Edited by JP_Legatus

It's pve.

I don't feel it's necessary to repeat myself so I won't, but I did address your point already. You said you are in favor of balancing rewards and that is all we ask.

I said I have nothing against balancing, it doesn't mean 'omg give tons of money to people who are to lazy to do anything other then que in'.

don't like pve? do GTN.

don't like making money? don't expect money.

dailies aren't pve. dailies is grinding credits. PvEr's don't like it either.

clicking box which stands on a ground is not pve.

your only point is 'I don't want pve, I don't want gtn, I don't want to work for my money, I want to que in and cash in'

Edited by Atramar

I said I have nothing against balancing, it doesn't mean 'omg give tons of money to people who are to lazy to do anything other then que in'.

don't like pve? do GTN.

don't like making money? don't expect money.

dailies aren't pve. dailies is grinding credits. PvEr's don't like it either.

clicking box which stands on a ground is not pve.

your only point is 'I don't want pve, I don't want gtn, I don't want to work for my money, I want to que in and cash in'

But dailies offer rewards for PvE with commendations so they are definitely more for a PvE player than a PvP player. I do run dailies for quick cash but I rather just PvP. I just think warzone payouts could be more on par with daily payouts since I can run through the black hole in less than an hour and clear close to 100k. To make 100k in PvP would take 15-20 warzones depending on wins/losses and that is a full night warzones.

But dailies offer rewards for PvE with commendations so they are definitely more for a PvE player than a PvP player. I do run dailies for quick cash but I rather just PvP. I just think warzone payouts could be more on par with daily payouts since I can run through the black hole in less than an hour and clear close to 100k. To make 100k in PvP would take 15-20 warzones depending on wins/losses and that is a full night warzones.

if you rise them on par, people will start doing pvp just for money as it will be easier then dalies, and that won't serve the quality of pvp.

This guy. Buff the rewards. I'm forced to do Section X just to curb my spending needs.

if you rise them on par, people will start doing pvp just for money as it will be easier then dalies, and that won't serve the quality of pvp.

Agreed. They could offer something which (I think I said it in this post) is to have some more missions for the PvP player. A new daily/weekly that would be for either protection/damage/healing and to keep things fair since some classes could two of those three you would only be allowed to chose one.

That would keep things honest though then you could have players ignoring objectives (its not like everyone plays objectives anyways) but I think its better than nothing.

Agreed. They could offer something which (I think I said it in this post) is to have some more missions for the PvP player. A new daily/weekly that would be for either protection/damage/healing and to keep things fair since some classes could two of those three you would only be allowed to chose one.

That would keep things honest though then you could have players ignoring objectives (its not like everyone plays objectives anyways) but I think its better than nothing.

well, one new daily for total damage or healing or protection could work to a point. altough it means that on atleast one warzone my dps instead of focusing objective/helping healer/killing healer will have to go on killing spree (which I wouldn't mind), healer will be easy.. tank will be more hard, as my PT is always designated to node guard duty... but doable.

yeah, I could agree with daily based on achievment, if it's reasonable.

would it be total, or 'in one WZ'

could name it 'making an example' or 'push your limits'.

well, one new daily for total damage or healing or protection could work to a point. altough it means that on atleast one warzone my dps instead of focusing objective/helping healer/killing healer will have to go on killing spree (which I wouldn't mind), healer will be easy.. tank will be more hard, as my PT is always designated to node guard duty... but doable.

yeah, I could agree with daily based on achievment, if it's reasonable.

would it be total, or 'in one WZ'

could name it 'making an example' or 'push your limits'.

A daily could be like, achieve 2 million total damage, 3 million total healing, 750k total protection (have not played a full tank but you really don't see crazy high protection in the avg warzones these days so might be high).

Damage and healing can be easily done, its not uncommon to see huge numbers the only thing is tanking. For a weekly it could but 10 million damage/15 million healing/2 million protection or something like that.

Just throwing ideas out there.

A daily could be like, achieve 2 million total damage, 3 million total healing, 750k total protection (have not played a full tank but you really don't see crazy high protection in the avg warzones these days so might be high).

Damage and healing can be easily done, its not uncommon to see huge numbers the only thing is tanking. For a weekly it could but 10 million damage/15 million healing/2 million protection or something like that.

Just throwing ideas out there.

protection is tricky, means less tanks will be ever willing to swap my tank at the node... but I don't mind, atleast they will learn what the skill 'guard' is for :rolleyes:

generally, you have my vote on this idea, and thumbs up

now we need to find ourselves a developer :(

Edited by Atramar

protection is tricky, means less tanks will be ever willing to swap my tank at the node... but I don't mind, atleast they will learn what the skill 'guard' is for :rolleyes:

now we need to find ourselves a developer :(

I thought of that after I made my most. I see enough tanks that don't even use guard and when they do they put it on someone and don't stay in range of them or don't swap it around to players taking a beating.