DR on Aim

Lowyjowylof

first, aim will always, always, always be better than power.

second, aim will always give less bonus damage than power (but the above is still true).

there is absolutely no built-in diminishing return on bonus damage.

aim and power will always contribute the same set amount, regardless of how much you already have.

the only thing that will affect them (aside from simply adding more via a stim/adrenal/etc.) are class buffs and skill bonuses to mainstats (like ironsights).

aim does have a diminishing return on the amount of crit it adds (mentioned in Eternalnight's linked post), but it is fairly linear, so there's no real benefit in stopping at a certain aim value and then going for power except for that unobtainable 4k mainstat rating.

Thanks for the input. Does this mean the lettered mods are better than the base numbered mods? EG.. the 30A with 77 Aim but 29 Power over the 30 with is 52 power and only 63 Aim?

The difference in Aim is 14

The difference in Power is 23

Even if Aim is better than Power at 1:1 exchange rate, it is not that much better to make up the difference.

23 more Power is clearly better than 14 more Aim.

Don't use the "A"-mods ever for any class.

Edited by Eternalnight

Thanks for the input. Does this mean the lettered mods are better than the base numbered mods? EG.. the 30A with 77 Aim but 29 Power over the 30 with is 52 power and only 63 Aim?

i probably should have clarified better. aim is only slightly better than power. as the above posters pointed out, giving up a small amount of aim for a large amount of power is a trade you want to make.

when picking augments though, go aim over power

The difference in Aim is 14

The difference in Power is 23

Even if Aim is better than Power at 1:1 exchange rate, it is not that much better to make up the difference.

23 more Power is clearly better than 14 more Aim.

Don't use the "A"-mods ever for any class.

There is one (very small) exception to this rule: Critical, and it's so small it's barely worth mentioning but here we go.

Basically, assuming very low amounts of crit rating needed, a single crit A version mod is useful to round the total critical amount as you will lose less power/mainstat than going with a full unlettered crit mod. Note that this is true only if the crit amount needed is less than the amount you'd get from an unlettered mod, as using 2 A version mods will be a net loss in power/mainstat compared to one unlettered crit + one unlettered power mod.

Thanks for the replies...I had already gone with the base mods and got rid of the lettered, then figured I better ask before I start shipping pieces to alts and go SOB, I need to go back to lettered.

Only my earpiece is crit right now, I may play around and see if adding 1 mod and enhancement would be beneficial.