Commando healing and leveling questions

Slamuel

So, rather recently I rolled a commando, and he has mostly been specced for healing, and is now at level 28. I do healing in warzones and flashpoints, but mainly for leveling I now spec gunnery, and switch to combat med. whenever needed(I have field respec). So, first of all, should I put skill points into the skill tree item that reduces the pushback suffered by abilitites by 70%(when I am specced gunnery)? Would it do me any good in pve, or pvp? Also, could anyone provide me any good leveling builds for both combat medic and gunnery? mine are rather weak, especially the gunnery one...

Another question. In flashpoints, which I have just started doing, should the tank be guarding me, or a damage player? In the last one I did, the tank didn't guard anyone, so what should I tell the tank if that happens? BTW, I have never played tank or healer, before this commando. Thanks for the help.

So, rather recently I rolled a commando, and he has mostly been specced for healing, and is now at level 28. I do healing in warzones and flashpoints, but mainly for leveling I now spec gunnery, and switch to combat med. whenever needed(I have field respec). So, first of all, should I put skill points into the skill tree item that reduces the pushback suffered by abilitites by 70%(when I am specced gunnery)? Would it do me any good in pve, or pvp? Also, could anyone provide me any good leveling builds for both combat medic and gunnery? mine are rather weak, especially the gunnery one...

Another question. In flashpoints, which I have just started doing, should the tank be guarding me, or a damage player? In the last one I did, the tank didn't guard anyone, so what should I tell the tank if that happens? BTW, I have never played tank or healer, before this commando. Thanks for the help.

If you're running gunnery, the spec revolves around grav round, high impact bolt and full auto. Throw in your sticky and fie granades along with your others.

The pushback reduction is useful for grav round but if you spec fully into gunnery for a while, you'll be fine. The pushback reduction is far more useful in pvp than it is in early pve.

Lastly, tank should be switching guard to whoever is taking the most damage. You should be switching your trauma probe to DPS if they start getting hit. otherwise, leave it on the tank and refresh it whenever you have time.

If you're running gunnery, the spec revolves around grav round, high impact bolt and full auto. Throw in your sticky and fie granades along with your others.

The pushback reduction is useful for grav round but if you spec fully into gunnery for a while, you'll be fine. The pushback reduction is far more useful in pvp than it is in early pve.

Lastly, tank should be switching guard to whoever is taking the most damage. You should be switching your trauma probe to DPS if they start getting hit. otherwise, leave it on the tank and refresh it whenever you have time.

Thanks for the help. Also, is assault viable in pvp or pve?

Edit: I don't think I would play assault anyway, but I am interested in plasma cell....and 2 more questions, does aim help healing, and do commandos have a instant heal?

Edited by Slamuel

Thanks for the help. Also, is assault viable in pvp or pve?

Edit: I don't think I would play assault anyway, but I am interested in plasma cell....and 2 more questions, does aim help healing, and do commandos have a instant heal?

Assault is "viable" as in you can play it and find success... but gunnery is better in many ways. I'd say assualt is a little more pve friendly than pvp at the moment.

Yes aim is your main stat for any spec of mando. When leveling just look for anything with aim, power and surge. Some crit is good for leveling too.

And yes, they do have an instant heal. Kolto bomb is instant and should be used often but , even as a dps spec it's nice, but I'm guessing you mean other than that. At 45 you get bacta infusion which is an instant, free, medium sized heal on a 21 second cooldown. Depending on the fight you can either use it every chance to save on heat or save it for emergencies. You'll also have kolto shell (can't think of the commando version's name) which is an instant cast technically, but only heals when the target actually takes damage. It's more of a fluffer to keep damage spikes smaller, but at the same time is your most efficient healing per heat skill so keep it up when needed.