Noob looking for Merc build advice!

Bachannal

I really only started getting into MMO's over the last year or so. For all intents and purposes, I'm a total n00b. I can use all the help/advice/tips I can get.

Let me preface by saying, I suck SO bad, that I'm more interested in PVE versus PVP. (getting curbstomped by opponents every ten seconds is no fun, and I am still not bored of decimating NPC's )

Due to my utter lack of knowledge of class building, I just sort of create characters, and go willy nilly with adding skills, etc. I feel like in general strategy, I do pretty well, but optimizing my toons seems like a no-brainer. That being said...my 1st attempt at BH, I went for the Merc speciality, assuming it would be a good DPS toon. I find myself being sucked into pseudo-healer roles when doing flashpoints and Heroic quests. Healers have never been my strong-suit, but I'd be willing to try it more if I could create a good enough build.

Can folks share their builds for a Merc DPS or DPS/Healer? Is that even a thing?

Any and all advice and/or build specs are welcome. Help a n00b suck a little bit less? Thanks in advance!

Merc Arsenal

1) Take every skill box in the arsenal tree, EXCEPT: on the 2nd row, only take the middle box.

2) In the Pyro tree, pout 3 points into the Railshot/Unload Armor Pen box.

3) In the Healer tree, but the last 2 points in the Vent Heat box or the Faster Healing box.

Set bonus:

1) 2 Piece bonus for Healer that gives Hydraulic Overrides an extra 4 seconds.

2) 2 Piece bonus to Reduce Jet Boost cooldown.

I've compiled a guide for arsenals from what the merc community has found since 2.0, it's stickied at the top of the merc forum and a link in my sig if you want to check it out...if you still have specific questions, feel free to add to the discussion!

If you're planning to go dps, arsenal is the generally sought out tree for overall pve dps anyway. However you'll find a few pyros out there.

If you're doing endgame content, that being operations and pvp, you probably want to steer clear of any hybrid builds when it comes to healer/dps anyway...go one way or the other.

Edited by odawgg