Communication? Wasn't this supposed to be a priority?

Pistols

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's talking about APAC, you're talking about PvP, I think there is a communications problem here. And now you might understand why there is a problem with communications, and it isn't always on BW/EA's side of things ;)

You realize I am not from APAC right? You realize I am just advocating good and fair communication to INFORM your customers right? What exactly is your counter argument? That we should have less communication? Got it....

Because it looks really bad for him to come out and say,

"The PvP team has absolutely no idea what is going on, or how to fix it."

"The PvE team is struggling to code this mechanic they love, because they aren't experienced enough."

"The Transfer team thought everything was going to be fine, but turns out no one tested it."

That, and it's really easy to say, hey look we recolored this jacket, go buy a cartel pack to get it!

You realize I am not from APAC right? You realize I am just advocating good and fair communication to INFORM your customers right? What exactly is your counter argument? That we should have less communication? Got it....

What I'm saying is stay focused and don't go on a rant about the question of the day like some blathering idiot.

Because it looks really bad for him to come out and say,

"The PvP team has absolutely no idea what is going on, or how to fix it."

"The PvE team is struggling to code this mechanic they love, because they aren't experienced enough."

"The Transfer team thought everything was going to be fine, but turns out no one tested it."

Kilora I can understand that for sure...no doubt. My original post, which is now gone off topic sorta, was the lack of communication on the PvP aspect of things. Honestly, if you were to look at the copius amounts of issues, and the feedback given...it's pretty dismal. I also understand there are other aspects, and I totally am fine with getting their attention served as well...but I think we're all figuring out there just isn't enough communication to tackle so many issues in the game. I feel for Eric somewhat, he has literally himself and 2 others, to help pass on information to hundreds of broken content issues. None of this was so much aimed at Eric actually, as it was more-so towards the development team, since they are the ones who should be feeding the feedback.

Your OP came across as: "They can post a stupid Question of the Day, but they can't communicate with APAC players."

She pointed out -- not related at all. You'd have to be a moron to think that posting a QotD took ANY time out of communication with APAC players.

Eric isn't a dev. The Community team can only release the information given to them by Devs. If they handed the Transfer team a long list of questions, they have to twiddle their thumbs while waiting for answers. . . .

Your OP came across as: "They can post a stupid Question of the Day, but they can't communicate with APAC players."

She pointed out -- not related at all. You'd have to be a moron to think that posting a QotD took ANY time out of communication with APAC players.

Eric isn't a dev. The Community team can only release the information given to them by Devs. If they handed the Transfer team a long list of questions, they have to twiddle their thumbs while waiting for answers. . . .

Precisely, if we want clear and concise communication we need to stay focused. Pistols original post is focused on getting good communication, sorry if I derailed that, but it just seemed that going off on the question of the day isn't going to help us get better communication.

Precisely, if we want clear and concise communication we need to stay focused. Pistols original post is focused on getting good communication, sorry if I derailed that, but it just seemed that going off on the question of the day isn't going to help us get better communication.

Eric replied in the PvP section, so it's pretty much over with in regards to the issue I brought up on Bolster.

I can only hope we continue to see some dialogue on the issue, and perhaps any updates to it.

Kilora I can understand that for sure...no doubt. My original post, which is now gone off topic sorta, was the lack of communication on the PvP aspect of things. Honestly, if you were to look at the copius amounts of issues, and the feedback given...it's pretty dismal. I also understand there are other aspects, and I totally am fine with getting their attention served as well...but I think we're all figuring out there just isn't enough communication to tackle so many issues in the game. I feel for Eric somewhat, he has literally himself and 2 others, to help pass on information to hundreds of broken content issues. None of this was so much aimed at Eric actually, as it was more-so towards the development team, since they are the ones who should be feeding the feedback.

Oh, no, I agree that the Dev team is looking pretty amateur. They are making rookie mistakes, not fully testing things, etc. etc.

I've come to accept it. I'm enjoying pieces of the game, and find it worth the $15/mo at the moment. The second I feel it is no longer worth that, I'll be sure to /unsub and move on. I don't think it is worth the time or energy to get upset over things, because ultimately the only people who see these posts have no power.

Even the devs have no power. If EA doesn't give BW a decent enough budget -- you get bottom-of-the-barrel developers, or brand-new devs with little experience. And with how small of a team they have -- they can't just pump out content left and right. Only reason a company like Blizzard can do that? Massive budget to throw at a team, good developers, and they've perfected development for their game. Probably takes them less than 3-4 weeks to develop 1-2 new raid bosses, and have them tested.

PvP may've gotten the short end of the stick. Maybe that team has the "newest" developers, or a poor project lead, etc.

There are thousands of excuses and reasons that are all pretty logical and reasonable. That doesn't mean it makes people happy -- hence why many people leave.

In the end, it looks like the biggest problem with the Dev team is lack of coordination and proper management. No matter how excellent the team is, if they have a horrid leader -- everything goes downhill quickly. Like my poor husband, who's engineering team has gone 6+ months without a VP of Engineering. That is when you get the CEO and other suits saying, "Oh, we want this in 2 months. And this other thing in 3. And do it this way." When, in reality, one of those things shouldn't be done, 2 months should be 5 months, and 3 should be 8. (Internationalization projects suck)

Incorrect, Eric has posted many times without any information from the Devs, you don't need Dev information to inform your customers that SOMEBODY is looking at the problem, even if it is just a community manager bugging a dev that is more information than we get on 99% of our major painpoints right now.

The question of the day reference is from the fact when you look at the dev tracker most days consist of maybe 1 post somewhere about a cartel market item and the other is the question of the day. That is a HUGE percentage of the communication we get from them, and it doesn't take any longer to tell your customers "Hey guys, I see this post and I will try to get some info on it for you" especially when it is a huge gamebreaking issue like bolster.

Instead we go unanswered and wondering what to do, many of us have to decide on whether to go through purchasing and augmenting lvl 54s based solely on the fact that we have 0 clue how long it will take to fix the issue because we don't even know they think it is an issue, but hey what color of taun taun is your favorite is clearly communicated!

That, and it's really easy to say, hey look we recolored this jacket, go buy a cartel pack to get it!

As someone who has worked with similar if not the same 3D rendering programs and knows a bit about how coding an item in a game works.. Yeah its actually a lot easier to do/say that. Be that as it may those same people can easily be working on maps, at least getting somewhere with creating a new warzone or other content, if not having it coded out... I have done work for an MMO before as well so its not like I don't know what all is going on and how stuff works. Environment is created including all the FX and items that aren't immediately visible or in use on the map. The map, FX and items are then coded by the coders to do all the fancy things that they do. What I am getting at is that they are different departments so those people who are recoloring jackets COULD in theory be working on maps and such.

Edited by SenaZane

The problem is, Eric is the one communicating, and he can't communicate what he's not told.

Bioware's been asleep at the wheel with PvP content since release. Their ability to keep PvP group conflicts fairly well balanced class wise is the only saving grace of the game (besides the intellectual property itself).

If enough people unsub (I'm preferred as of two days ago) , maybe the one or two people "in charge" of pvp will get some help. It's clearly a resource issue on Bioware's side.

They've explained why bolster is implemented, even if we don't like it (and most of us don't).

Yes, Rob Hinkle, we understand we can't have partisan gear for free due to the PvE ramifications.

However, why couldn't the old recruit set be granted a lot more expertise? Hell, make the stats worse but give it full expertise.

There's got to be some way to produce a better PvP solution here. If it's not in main stat/endurance, then expertise.

Bolster at 55 has been a train wreck for two months now.

Edited by islander

Incorrect, Eric has posted many times without any information from the Devs, you don't need Dev information to inform your customers that SOMEBODY is looking at the problem, even if it is just a community manager bugging a dev that is more information than we get on 99% of our major painpoints right now.

The question of the day reference is from the fact when you look at the dev tracker most days consist of maybe 1 post somewhere about a cartel market item and the other is the question of the day. That is a HUGE percentage of the communication we get from them, and it doesn't take any longer to tell your customers "Hey guys, I see this post and I will try to get some info on it for you" especially when it is a huge gamebreaking issue like bolster.

Instead we go unanswered and wondering what to do, many of us have to decide on whether to go through purchasing and augmenting lvl 54s based solely on the fact that we have 0 clue how long it will take to fix the issue because we don't even know they think it is an issue, but hey what color of taun taun is your favorite is clearly communicated!

Oh, you're absolutely right! And then, all of those posts pop up complaining about Eric lying to people, broken promises, etc.

Or, the other threads saying, "Eric, you said this a week ago, what is going on?! Can't you do your job!??!"

In my experience, they've been better at communicating than the VAST majority of games I've played. There is always room for improvement.

And, you have no idea if the QotDs are automated, do you? MORE than possible that they have a queue of QotDs that people have come up with, and they just plop em out in a semi-automated fashion.

But, really. More people will complain if we have 10+ dev posts a day, saying "We're looking into this. No ETA."

While yes that is frustrating, lashing out about that doesn't help. Staying focused does. It's like in episode IV when they are attacking the Death Star; Stay on target!

At this point, I'd be pretty happy if it posted a :rak_03: automatically in the thread anytime a BW employee checks it. Just so we know that they saw it.

At first I was like, 'yea I like that'. But then I remembered, this community is not exactly known for its patience or maturity. If people saw that start popping up they would start complaining that they had time to read it but not respond, they would start complaining that Bioware saw their thread but didn't think it was important, etc.

Oh, you're absolutely right! And then, all of those posts pop up complaining about Eric lying to people, broken promises, etc.

Or, the other threads saying, "Eric, you said this a week ago, what is going on?! Can't you do your job!??!"

In my experience, they've been better at communicating than the VAST majority of games I've played. There is always room for improvement.

And, you have no idea if the QotDs are automated, do you? MORE than possible that they have a queue of QotDs that people have come up with, and they just plop em out in a semi-automated fashion.

But, really. More people will complain if we have 10+ dev posts a day, saying "We're looking into this. No ETA."

So you are saying Eric comes into the thread, says "Checking into this" and then never responds again, why is that the only option? Why can't he then actually go check into it and provide an update when he has it maybe? No I don't want an automated response, I want communication.

So you are saying Eric comes into the thread, says "Checking into this" and then never responds again, why is that the only option? Why can't he then actually go check into it and provide an update when he has it maybe? No I don't want an automated response, I want communication.

You can want all you want. You won't get it.

You're complaining about lack of communication. Do you ever complain about content not coming out fast enough? Or there being too many bugs?

He has to get this info from devs. In order to get the info, devs have to drop what they are doing, and spend time explaining it to Eric and figuring out what he can say.

Waste of time for 99% of the issues at hand. And I'm saying, if we didn't see an update within 24 hours, people like you would be out with pitchforks and torches because he is "ignoring" you.

While yes that is frustrating, lashing out about that doesn't help. Staying focused does. It's like in episode IV when they are attacking the Death Star; Stay on target!

Lashing out... you mean like calling someone you don't know on the forums an uneducated blathering idiot? Please inform me more.

The fact that there has been no communication about the warzone queue UI bug is damning enough. That's a simple fix that if it was affecting pve would have been patched asap. I still enjoy PVP in this game despite many of the issues but I am playing less and less. Won't be long till I get distracted by something else. The best thing we can all do is not buy cartel coins, and eventually unsub. The communication is horrible from the devs.

It's time they implemented the suggestions from my bolster thread on pvp forums, which would be quick, easy, and eliminate exploits.

You're complaining about lack of communication. Do you ever complain about content not coming out fast enough? Or there being too many bugs?

He has to get this info from devs. In order to get the info, devs have to drop what they are doing, and spend time explaining it to Eric and figuring out what he can say.

Waste of time for 99% of the issues at hand. And I'm saying, if we didn't see an update within 24 hours, people like you would be out with pitchforks and torches because he is "ignoring" you.

The issues I am discussing have been around for over 3 months.

Pitchforks at this point...is somewhat understandable.

Are you actually saying they AREN'T ignoring game breaking bugs as well right now? I don't see anyone with literal pitchforks but I know plenty of people who have used virtual pitchforks in the form of unsubbing.

The fact that there has been no communication about the warzone queue UI bug is damning enough. That's a simple fix that if it was affecting pve would have been patched asap. I still enjoy PVP in this game despite many of the issues but I am playing less and less. Won't be long till I get distracted by something else. The best thing we can all do is not buy cartel coins, and eventually unsub. The communication is horrible from the devs.

It's time they implemented the suggestions from my bolster thread on pvp forums, which would be quick, easy, and eliminate exploits.

Amber replied here to that issue, but hasn't been back since. Hopefully fixed with 2.4's update!

:D