Patch Notes 2.4 : Galactic Conflicts

erfilijo

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this patch will become a reality for all the swtor community, of all countries.

It is true that we (French people) like challenges, and pvp is a piece of the game that we love. (as you i think ^^;)

this fake patch would make the game (for many of you) one of the best MMO ever created for us!

(sorry for my approximative english)

LOL....If the a French Server team played a German Server team I am pretty sure the French team would /stuck upon entrance.

Forcing the Americans to storm the Novare Coast.....

Op if they ever shafted space like that, I would quit the game for good. This mini universe needs a massive expansion, and the best way to to do that is a full on space sim.

Most of your ideas were ok except your 40 man wz, for 20 minutes of gameplay, I would not wait three hours. Now if you want to experience real pvp, they should put in a 40 man wz, that we can select to qu up in. Most importantly it should have no time limits, and it should most defiantly not be put on a 3 hour cool down. There is a reason why the original av was, the best pvp battleground ever created in a mmorpg. One things for sure you were not going to find a pver in one of those. Straight up knock em down fighting, with no restrictions, the best kind of pvp. Even better it was not objective based, except on one thing kill the other teams head leader.

Other then that, that made up list actually made sense. Oh that is if they keep trying to split the bolster thing, and not go all the way with it.

Edited by CrazyOldMystic

I got to valor 100 the old fashioned way - getting smashed, stunned, rooted, and stuck!

LoL. Wait. Wouldn't that be the "new fashioned" way? Because from the part of your post I snipped, the old fashioned way WAS the Ilum exploit. :D

patch notes 2.4 : Galactic conflicts

02/10/2013

we are happy to announce the implementation of game update 2.4 "galactic conflicts". This update will bring significant improvements to your pvp experience. With this update, we hope to respond to the more competitive players. Here are the major changes to come.

general

• global improvement of warzone performance. During warzones, a bug where overall performances were reduced has been corrected.

• the probability of entering two identical warzones have been considerably reduced.

• bolster in level 55 warzones has been reworked, so that endgame operation gear would have less impact.

classes

• minor balancing changes to adapt all classes to arena combat.

pvp

• warzone queues are now common to all region servers (us, ue). This means you will be able to fight against teams from other servers. We chose to implement this to reduce the average queue time for all players.

• official opening of ranked warzones season 1. In consequence, a new tier of pvp gear will be available. Pvp index will be necessary to buy such gear.

• for each server, a real time ranking of the best guilds will be available on the official swtor. Site, in a brand new section.

• duels are now authorized on each faction's fleet in a dedicated training room.

frontlines

• a new type of massive battle : The frontlines. It consists in a large warzone with 5 distinct strategical zones that will have to be captured and controlled till the end of the allotted time. This battle will take place every 3 hours, and will finish after a maximum delay of 20 minutes. Each team will be composed of the 40 players on the queue with the higher valor rank.at the end of the warzone, each player will receive a reward proportionnal to the zones controlled and defended successfully by their faction.

cartel arenas

• we will implement a new system of small-group pvp. Reserved to hardened pvp players, the cartel arenas are only available to players having attained valor rank 60.

• players will fight in groups of 4 against 4 in three random arenas : The geonosis coliseum, the new mandalore arena, and the hutt's lair.

• fighting in the cartel arenas will considerably infulence your pvp index ! The higher your pvp index is, the harder to defeat your enemies will be.

• the cartel arenas will be the only way to increase your valor rank to 110.

space warzones

• a whole new warzone, entirely dedicated to space fighting, will be implemented ! For the first time in swtor, players will be able to engage in space combat, using their very own ships ! More info regarding this will come soon.

missions

• new daily and weekly pvp missions are to be implemented, so that pvp players can extend their pvp experience and the variety of their pvp activities.

obviously, i invented this 2.4 patch notes myself, it is solely an invention. But you gotta admit, it would be so great to have such an update, don't you think ? Thus you are more than welcome to comment or leave your opinion on the pvp changes i suggested for swtor.thanks for reading this post and for your comments.

translated by mana (haze / hyperion)

bioware!!!

You need to hire this person, or at least consult with him!!!

Oh you bastard... I was *********** super hyped and thought now they are singing the right tune... and paw.. made up..

PS. Post this thread in the General forums. I'm curious of reactions.

Edited by Vandrain

Arena, Xrealm and real rankings and real teams (no LFG rated warzone teams) would be enough to get droves of players here, I always stated this.

Where are all the people who's been screaming that Arena just puts an unnecessary magnifying glass on class balance? I always knew they had their heads up their a**es. This is what SWTOR really needs.

Edited by Vandrain

Nice patch notes, but how much cc coins would we have to pay to participate in those cartel arenas :rak_02:

Maybe if we all transfer our 4(+) toons to another server Bioware will hire new developers with the money and actually make this happen :rak_01: