Testing Relics

Khevar

(reposted here from the Commando forum)

I've finally gotten around to testing some relics on my Commando. I did 3 10-minute parses. Each with a simple, repeatable rotation to try and remove as much RNG as I could.

Rotation: GR-HS-GR-HS-GR-HS-DR-HiB-FA - repeat

(for Merc that would be)

Rotation: TM-RS-TM-RS-TM-RS-HM-RailShot-Unload - repeat

My main relic (which I kept for each of the 3 parses) is the Underworld Relic of Serendipitous Assault. The second relic I swapped out for each fight.

http://www.torparse.com/a/258131/1/0/Overview - 2349

This one was with the Dread Guard Relic of Kinetic Tempest.

http://www.torparse.com/a/258131/2/0/Overview - 2305

This one was with the Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages. I made sure to click this on cooldown, and managed to get 5 clicks in on a 10-minute fight.

http://www.torparse.com/a/258131/3/0/Overview - 2204

This one was with the Partisan Relic of Serendipitous Assault.

A few interesting things I noticed when looking at the details. My Underworld serendipitous proc'ed more on the second parse (28 times) compared to the first parse (21 times), and despite this, my overall dps was higher. The third parse both relics proc'ed a total of 47 times (!) and yet that had the lowest dps of all.

Each fight had exactly 840 Hammer Shots, 41 Demolition Rounds, 41 High Impact Bolts and 123 Full Auto casts. So this is a pretty accurate comparison.

Critical Hit % was higher on the first parse. Not sure what to make of that, other than the fact that Grav Wave made up a decent amount of the critical hits (27%).

Anyway, the next Underworld Relic I get is going to be the Cerulean Nova for the damage proc, sitting on top of the Serendipitous power proc. Anyone see any flaws in my analysis?

Currently the procs on a proc damage relic and on a proc power relic actually lock eachother out, so they don't stack very well.

BA + CN or SA will be best due to this. Not sure if it's a bug or wai.

Edited by MVaglin

Currently the procs on a proc damage relic and on a proc power relic actually lock eachother out, so they don't stack very well.

BA + CN or SA will be best due to this. Not sure if it's a bug or wai.

I wonder if that lockout condition only happens with two Underworld relics.

Because the Dread Guard damage proc + Underworld power proc was the highest parse on my test.

There's been a lot of relic talk already on various threads and sites, best to go with CN or SA and BA as stated by Vag. I'm too relic discussion exhuasted to go into any more details lol, but feel free to do more testing.

Edit: But just FYI, testing on a merc requires consistency over very long periods, at least 20 minutes, i would reccommend 30 minute parsing

Edited by odawgg