So what did BW get RIGHT? Hard to tell.

FatherJeffrey

However I'm post valid feedback and hopefully stop future buyers from buying the game, as at this point of time it would be literally throwing your money down the drain.

Remember the things I posted are mostly facts on how broken things are, not being a fanboi or bashing. Just being realistic.

Not entirely true. Several things you posted are pure opinion.

Some things you posted while factual in that yes that is how it is, is pure opinion as to it's effect on the game and it's future.

Nothing you have listed is truly "broken", either because it is not a universally held opinion (therefore not fact) or because the feature works, maybe not the way you want it to, but it does work - therefore is not broken.

So, while I won't tell you to go play whatever game. I will tell you to try to sit back; get some perspective, take all things into consideration and look at the big picture.

Edited by Sireene
insulting

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this is true.

There are also other things I don't like about the game. I guess I better start multiple threads to complain about them. Prepare for incoming "Not enough hair or body type options!" and "Color crystals have stats BW sucks gimme a refund rarrghgharaglerar!!" threads.

Or I could go ahead and (respectfully) voice my concerns with the product I bought.

True, most threads complaining about stuff are filled with brainless whine, but simply gulping down every bad aspect of the game is not doing the devs a favour, either. We all want it to improve, after all.

Or I could go ahead and (respectfully) voice my concerns with the product I bought.

True, most threads complaining about stuff are filled with brainless whine, but simply gulping down every bad aspect of the game is not doing the devs a favour, either. We all want it to improve, after all.

No, I really do agree with you. My joke was at the expense of the OP, who currently has 2 threads whining about the same issues.

First of all this game isn't a MMO, it's a SP game with some MP aspects and heavy instancing, on par with Guild Wars if not worse.

- Terrible controls: Clunky, unresponsive and heavy.

- Everything is instanced to an extreme.

- Terrible graphics: Lack of options too.

- No mod support: Recount etc is a must for end game content. However seeing PvE in this game is faceroll I guess it's not needed.

- Companions are silly, why not make the character more powerful instead.

- NO DR in PvP: ROFL!

- No PvP brackets: 50's just dominate all.

- No combat tab: Big ***?

- Broken loot system: Anyone can need on anything, even if they can't use it.

- Can't pick another advanced tree without leveling.

- No LFG system - Spamming chat while also being in an instanced area.

- Terrible UI: Can't hide not used icon slots.

- No target of target

- Targeting is **** and placement of targets icon is even worse.

- Terrible in game map: Cant zoom or do anything

- No UI scaling, actually pretty much no UI options at all.

- Terrible AH UI: Need I say more?

- 50's already with faceroll endgame raids.

Most if not all of these things are TOTALLY unacceptable, especially for a 2012 release.

Makes me wonder *** the beta was for? So many elementary things are broken, it's mind blowing.

stop wasting your time, fanbois will defend game with their lives

I'd whine too if I paid 150$ for alot of empty promises.

Sorry you feel that way. I guess you'll be more careful about where you spend your money in the future. Me, I think it's a $150 well spent. I don't have any of the issues posted in the OP.

Guess you're not the target market for this game. Sorry.

There's this awesome feature that actually comes IN THE GAME files that can help you with this.

It's called "uninstall".

You see, you hit this icon and you are prompted to remove the game from your hard drive.

If you accept, your problem is solved.

Awesome fact: You actually get the hard drive space back when you uninstall.

Neat, huh?

I'd whine too if I paid 150$ for alot of empty promises.

But you didn't and neither did anyone else. You paid $150 for a Collectors Edition of a video game that you neither played nor read reviews for. Buyer's remorse sucks but "empty promises" is a bit dramatic. I never read a promise stating that everyone would love the UI. I was never promised that there would be no bugs. I was never promised that the graphics would blow my mind. I was never promised that PvP would be perfect out of the gate. You set expectations and BioWare did not meet them. That sucks. I don't envy you. I, however, did not pay $150 and am enjoying the game very much.

stop wasting your time, fanbois will defend game with their lives

Just like armchair game designers and experts will condemn games with no validity and chastise those who disagree. ;)

yeah, some fans of the game will do that. However, most tend to go after people like the OP for attempting to pass opinion as fact. If people would stop attempting to be the MMO Prophet and actually back their claims with actual facts, it would be a completely different story.

So far, the majority of the complaints are things that are not liked by that person. OR, things that are not typically in at the beginning of MMO's but come later. OR, are just plain b.s crap made up to sound good. While these may be shared by others, they are not shared by all - therefore cannot be fact.

Yep, I also feel Bioware with their Talent could have done alot better, they took the safe bet and copied wow mostly.

I am still enjoying the game, just wish they took an innovative and risky approach, but from a strategic business viewpoint, I dont blame them.

I spent 50 bucks on the standard edition (pre ordered) and I have absolutely no complaints as of yet. The UI is adequate for the existing content and the features support the game that was put out. Lots of the posters on here bought the CE and are complaining.... Did you guys not get your holographic twilek stripper?

The OP is commenting on support for content that was never promised to anyone. Aside from the mention of Mods anyway. That was promised in the future, but not at launch.

I don't believe the OP has a valid argument. He's trying to describe his ideal game and wrapping that ideal around SWTOR. This game will not immediately conform, so it is not a good game.

This is my second thread, which listed a number of issues. Other one was purely based on movement.

I'm trying to help save people money here bro and help BW fix their game.

Here is the issue, some of your concerns may in fact be valid, however, if you don't post constructively it is not helpful to anyone.

Nerdraging on the forums does not fix problems, it does not get your point across. It says, this dude here is QQing and flailing his arms for attention. If you have kids you know that when your child throws a temper tantrum...you walk away.

Post well thought, well constructed feedback, and that will help.

Also remember that what you like does not necessarily constitute what everyone likes. I play WoW still along with TOR. I enjoy them both. I like LFD, Raid Finder, Mods, dual-spec, etc. But if TOR has none of it, that will be fine as well. None of that is necessary it's all merely convenience.

They've already stated they want to add in LFD at a later date and are considering Dual-specs. Remember WoW didn't have any of that when it started, heck, hardly ANY MMO has all the features in the beginning, constructive non raging feedback helps get those things.

First of all this game isn't a MMO, it's a SP game with some MP aspects and heavy instancing, on par with Guild Wars if not worse. You could say that about almost any MMO. If you play solo, that's your choice, if you group again it's your choice. The game was made to be solo-friendly so that people who don't want to party don't have to. But just because you don't have to group doesn't mean you can't if you want to. In the end it comes down to your choices.

- Terrible controls: Clunky, unresponsive and heavy. I haven't had any issues with the controls since early access started.

- Everything is instanced to an extreme. No it isn't... You want to see extreme instancing? Try Dungeons and Dragons Online.

- Terrible graphics: Lack of options too. I'll admit the graphics aren't awe inspiring, but they're definitely not terrible either. I think they're pretty decent. And they don't have spectacular graphics for a reason.

- No mod support: Recount etc is a must for end game content. However seeing PvE in this game is faceroll I guess it's not needed. The game just launched, what do you expect?

- Companions are silly, why not make the character more powerful instead. To add another interesting element to the game. Your character is already pretty powerful so if you don't like the companions, don't use them.

- No PvP brackets: 50's just dominate all. Everybody is balanced to lvl 50, so if you keep getting your butt kicked you have nobody to blame but yourself. I'm at lvl 14 and I've been doing pretty damn well in PvP.

- No combat tab: Big ***? This one I actually agree with, a combat tab would definitely be nice.

- Broken loot system: Anyone can need on anything, even if they can't use it. Don't forget they might actually NEED that equipment for a companion. And besides that, at least it gives people the option to need/greed instead of it going to a random person. At least you have a better chance of getting an item you need.

- Can't pick another advanced tree without leveling. That's because your advanced class IS your class. I'm glad they won't let people switch those out.

- No LFG system - Spamming chat while also being in an instanced area. You can still see people talking in other instances if they're in the same zone.

- Terrible UI: Can't hide not used icon slots. Again, the game just launched! This isn't something detrimental to gameplay, let them work on the more important stuff first jeez.

- No target of target Alt+tab = target of target

- Targeting is **** and placement of targets icon is even worse. I agree

- Terrible in game map: Cant zoom or do anything I think the map is pretty great, except I agree that you should be able to zoom. That's a real pain in the ***.

- No UI scaling, actually pretty much no UI options at all. Launch. Launch. Launch.

- Terrible AH UI: Need I say more? It's not the best, but it could be worse. You can find what you're looking for and that's what really matters.

- 50's already with faceroll endgame raids. You can't blame the game for people rushing through content. That happens in every MMO.

Most if not all of these things are TOTALLY unacceptable, especially for a 2012 release.

Makes me wonder *** the beta was for? So many elementary things are broken, it's mind blowing.

I've seen a lot of really poorly thought out complaints on here, but this is one of the worst. My comments are in the quote. I'll never understand why people complain about optional stuff either.

First of all this game isn't a MMO, it's a SP game with some MP aspects and heavy instancing, on par with Guild Wars if not worse.

- Terrible controls: Clunky, unresponsive and heavy.

- Everything is instanced to an extreme.

- Terrible graphics: Lack of options too.

- No mod support: Recount etc is a must for end game content. However seeing PvE in this game is faceroll I guess it's not needed.

- Companions are silly, why not make the character more powerful instead.

- No PvP brackets: 50's just dominate all.

- No combat tab: Big ***?

- Broken loot system: Anyone can need on anything, even if they can't use it.

- Can't pick another advanced tree without leveling.

- No LFG system - Spamming chat while also being in an instanced area.

- Terrible UI: Can't hide not used icon slots.

- No target of target

- Targeting is **** and placement of targets icon is even worse.

- Terrible in game map: Cant zoom or do anything

- No UI scaling, actually pretty much no UI options at all.

- Terrible AH UI: Need I say more?

- 50's already with faceroll endgame raids.

1. Nope, smooth and great, this problem is on your end.

2. I have not noticed that. still I understand the frustration.

3. again, this must be on your end, while it does not look like mass effect, the graphics are good for a MMO

4. said will be added later, only a minority wants this so its not high on the list

5. Nope, companions make the story more fun, this is a story game after all.

6. Yeah I can see a problem there, don't want to be stunned over and over.

7. .........

9. You can do that in lotro, and have never had an issue.

10. How about use your brain read about the class, watch a video about said class.

11-13 not a big problem, but most will be fixed soon

14. Nope, not an issue.

15. you can zoom in a way

16-17. needs to be fixed

18. So?

Here what it sounds like, you are the 10% who want more PvP and raid stuff, the rest of us like the game.

why don't you play WoW until the game comes out with these small, non game breaking things.

Also you need a new computer.

New flash in pvp ability's are not scaled try playing a sage an only healing for 1% your total health.

An how is a trooper healing for more then a caster?

try using stealth an watch how people can see through your stealth who are much higher level.

Edited by Bertith

From my personal experience so far Bioware got everything right. I have had 0 trouble in the Beta, Early Access and now once live. No problems.

I just had to sit in a queue for a little while last night about 20mins (313 people ahead of me) but that was no big deal, I expect the queues to be bad for the next couple of days. Gave me time to take a pre-game crap and eat a sandwich (not at the same time).

Kudos Bioware, Im in and having a ball!

Edited by HeawiNobal