So what did BW get RIGHT? Hard to tell.

FatherJeffrey

I honestly think about it. Stop being fan boys. The arrogance of you people astound me. Just because its a bioware title doesn't mean its the best thing ever.

The game has a lot of issues....DEAL WITH IT!

If anything the arrogance of people coming into the forums and flaming the game for being terrible due to some issues (yes absolutely it has them) is getting annoying. This is the second thread by this same OP just bashing the game over and over.

Yes absolutely the game has issues. Yes if people would behave constructively we might even see more discussion about them and get them implemented. Yes some of us at least are getting tired of people saying 'tiny feature X isn't in the game, HUGE mistake' and so on.

The game is solid. It does need work; it'd be nice if people could focus on that instead of immediately going off the deep end. Honestly, I begin to wonder about some forum goers mental health. 'Lack of specific feature I loved in other MMO X' does not equate to 'terrible game'. Not even when taken as a sum.

Summary: I'd have a lot more time for critical feedback if it took the courtesy of assuming that if others are enjoying the game, there might be something to that. I think that can be my new signature... Probably won't fit.

Edited by Grammarye

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with the OP, but dying days of WoW, this is laughable....even with all its hype machine , SWTOR only has 1/11th of the subscriptions base of WoW. WoW is not dying, I for one hope for two nicely viable alternative!

And how much of those WoW subs are gold farmers.. Lets be realistic here.

First of all this game isn't a MMO, it's a SP game with some MP aspects and heavy instancing, on par with Guild Wars if not worse.

- Terrible controls: Clunky, unresponsive and heavy.

- Everything is instanced to an extreme.

- Terrible graphics: Lack of options too.

- No mod support: Recount etc is a must for end game content. However seeing PvE in this game is faceroll I guess it's not needed.

- Companions are silly, why not make the character more powerful instead.

- NO DR in PvP: ROFL!

- No PvP brackets: 50's just dominate all.

- No combat tab: Big ***?

- Broken loot system: Anyone can need on anything, even if they can't use it.

- Can't pick another advanced tree without leveling.

- No LFG system - Spamming chat while also being in an instanced area.

- Terrible UI: Can't hide not used icon slots.

- No target of target

- Targeting is **** and placement of targets icon is even worse.

- Terrible in game map: Cant zoom or do anything

- No UI scaling, actually pretty much no UI options at all.

- Terrible AH UI: Need I say more?

- 50's already with faceroll endgame raids.

Most if not all of these things are TOTALLY unacceptable, especially for a 2012 release.

Makes me wonder *** the beta was for? So many elementary things are broken, it's mind blowing.

1. My controls are very responsive and absolutley not clunky. You might want to upgrade your rigg.

2. You only played to lvl 10? Shaddaar, Tatooine, Alderaan and Taris have been very very open

3. Graphics are great. Pretty much any rigg can play and max graphics are decent enough, better then WoW / Rift / Aion..

4. Mod support will be patched in asap, said by BioWare

5. Try to keep them geared up. My companions are amazing

6. I find no reason why there should be. PvP is teamplay and I see no arenas around

7. what would you use it for? You see the same numbers on the screen as in the tab. Also, BioWare said it will be patched in asap along with mods.

8. So, if no one needs Lightsabre of QQness, I can't need it for my companion? Okey. Sounds fair.

9. There are 8 classes in this game, when you roll a character you play the basics 1-10 and your real class after. Do some research before you choose adv. Class

10. Use the LFG system ingame, I've gotten some FlashPoints from it. And sure, I'd love to see a server LFG system for flashpoints (no cross-realm please)

11. The UI is pretty basic for an MMO. To complain on it just makes you a *****. It works, it's smooth and there's nothing wrong with it. BioWare also said they'll uppdate the UI and when mods are allowed you can go costumize your UI all you want

12. Also said to be patched in

13. What? My targeting is easy, very smooth. Khem might be in the way sometimes though

14. The game map is great. If you mean the minimap, you CAN zoom it. If you mean the big map, you can zoom out to see the entire planet and zoom in to see each zone. Good enough and nothing to complain about

15. Same as #11

16. Super-hardcore players have facerolled the easiest tier of raiding. No **** sherlock? It's like that in every game. If they made the content so hard even hardcore players wouldn't manage normal 1st tier raiding, it will be a complete failure.

What the beta was for? If you actually read this post you'd know. They will fix everything you say is lacking. And the rest is just QQ without any reason, or that you have a very bad rigg.

Once you realize that this game does not run so well on a net-book that is capable of running wow at 60 fps all maxed out, your list of issues will disappear on their own.

Or any other 10 year old computer for that matter....

Untill then have fun over there don't tell us how its going with those pandas....

This is my second thread, which listed a number of issues. Other one was purely based on movement.

I'm trying to help save people money here bro and help BW fix their game.

The game just launched. Look at wow is was a mess when it launched and buggy. If you don't like it don't play it. Yes there is improvement that is needed in the game.

The AH UI

Guild options like the ability to change names or add visual tabs

The ui need a slider to scale it, it needs the ability to move each piece of ui sepperately, It could us a combat log or an individual damage meter, but not one that can be spammed and read everyone elses.

Could use an apperance tab, or something like it, for more character customization.

Yes it will need more end game but again the game just launched.

Personally this game as it is blows away wow for me. I will be playing this for some time to come. So i would say worry about yourself and go play a game you like. BTW even the us fans understand improvements are needed we are just mature enough to realize things take time. Those of us that have played MMO's know no game was perfect at launch. Each one of us have our own opinion and the ability to hit cancel. So in true star wars fashion " This isn't the game you are looking for.. move along move along"

However I'm post valid feedback and hopefully stop future buyers from buying the game, as at this point of time it would be literally throwing your money down the drain.

Remember the things I posted are mostly facts on how broken things are, not being a fanboi or bashing. Just being realistic.

So then.. It is your job to stop people from buying the game? How much do you get paid to do so?

It's no wonder MMORPG communities are such a cesspool at launch.

You are using your opinion and stating it as fact. It is sad really.

The mods need to do a better job at locking threads like this.

Edited by Sireene
rude/uninviting

Once you realize that this game does not run so well on a net-book that is capable of running wow at 60 fps all maxed out, your list of issues will disappear on their own.

Or any other 10 year old computer for that matter....

Untill then have fun over there don't tell us how its going with those pandas....

I'm running two GTX480s in SLI dude, it has nothing to do with my FPS.

I'm talking about movement and physics, not lag.

Much point to these threads, really.

There's the people who simply don't like the game and might bring up valid points on a good day, and then there's the zealous defenders who will do their last to defend every single design decision made by Bioware. It's cool guys, you're all winners.

That being said, much of the opening post holds truth to at least some extent. Open your eyes. PvP needs to see some major improvements if they want to keep a somewhat competitive player base.

First of all this game isn't a MMO, it's a SP game with some MP aspects and heavy instancing, on par with Guild Wars if not worse.

Controls are the same as WoW... seem fine to me

Stops overcrowding of specific areas, it's annoying have to queue up to kill a quest objective, this is a massive help and keeps the game running smoothe.

Graphics are actually quite decent when maxed out, but I agree there should be more options for their settings.

- No mod support: Recount etc is a must for end game content. However seeing PvE in this game is faceroll I guess it's not needed.

They have stated they will return UI modification control to the players in a future patch, for now they needed it in their control so they can address any issues, do you have any idea how hard it is for an already overwhelmed tech team to address a UI issue if players are using customized tools?

Companions are life savers, but you don't HAVE to use them, they grant the ability to solo in places you usually couldn't, not to mention the lore side of it.

PVP is still being updated, give them a chance to get things working moron.

Your advanced class is your class choice, you get 10 levels of grace to decide if you like the overall class, then you specialize, it grants the flexibility of a second chance to make the choice between healer / dps / tank or whatever you was heading towards, it grants a total of 8 overall classes, get some perspective.

There is a basic LFG tool, but there is no dungeon finder yet. You'll find half the people are happy about this and BW still have to assess whether it's worth it, but with all the instances in one location for the moment it's really not that much of a hassle when you have an emergency travel tool to get straight there.

- No target of target

It's not an auction house, it's more like a classifieds listing.

Don't know where you heard this, but there still aren't that many level 50's.. plus the real end game material hasn't been released yet.

Most if not all of these things are TOTALLY unacceptable, especially for a 2012 release.

Makes me wonder *** the beta was for? So many elementary things are broken, it's mind blowing.

At the end of the day, your playing a game that was officially released yesterday, it is still in it's basic release form, there are many factors to consider and many things to come, they will be altering almost everything you have complained about but you need to give them a chance. The way I see it is your some 'hardcore MMO'er' who's come from WoW and had it all in the palm of his hand, This is how things go, things start out basic.. even WoW did back in vanilla, stop whining.

I don't agree with the OP, but dying days of WoW, this is laughable....even with all its hype machine , SWTOR only has 1/11th of the subscriptions base of WoW. WoW is not dying, I for one hope for two nicely viable alternative!

1/10th, as WoW has lost a cool million in subs.

Thing is, WoW pop numbers are tricky, due to how they include their overseas gold farming industry in the figures.

- No target of target

This has to be a troll.

And your lvl 50? Otherwise **** about end game content you haven't seen yet. You sound like a whiny baby.

The part of this that stood out to me was NO DIMINISHING RETURNS... Are you serious? You haven't seen a resolve bar over your head in PVP? When it fills up it turns solid white and you are immune to all CC for at least 10 seconds... ****

I don't get it. I have low/med spec system and game runs great.

Combat is not near as clunky as any MMO I have played in the past

Your doing something wrong.

I have a friend with much better system than me who had all sorts of problems.

Then I come to find out he is also logged into Jade Dynasty with 2 seperate accts.

well duh.

The part of this that stood out to me was NO DIMINISHING RETURNS... Are you serious? You haven't seen a resolve bar over your head in PVP? When it fills up it turns solid white and you are immune to all CC for at least 10 seconds... ****

Except that filling that bar does jack all to remove existing CC, and that it's very unlikely you're going to fill it before dying in a non-organized/solo play situation.

Pay no attention to that man behing the curtain. For what it's worth, our esteamed (intentionally misspelled) OPer created a SIGH - Do Dev's ever learn why most MMO's failed? thread just yesterday QQing this exact same thing. Use the Force Luke ... let go of your anger.

Wrong bait. Wrong lake. Recess is over.

Edited by GalacticKegger

And yet by level 25 I have over a dozen group quests in my log, which don't include the 7 or 8 I have completed.

I'm not seeing this at all, on a meh rig with a poor internet connection. Not even a little.

LOVE IT!

Your opinion, not mine.

Thankfully, there is no mod support. Not needed now or ever.

I love companions, they add much to the game. You have played BW games before?

I never PVP, ever.

Ibid.

Not an issue for me.

Play with friendly players or solo. In the group stuff I've done, I have not seen a single ninja.

Good, as it should be.

I agree that I would like to see a better LFG system, but not a cross-servers one.

The UI could do with some customization, but it works OK as is.

- No target of target

Convenient, but not needed.

Ibid.

Map could use some QoL tweaks, but works ok as is.

It could use a few tweaks, but it's not terrible.

If you're 50 already, you're skipping content. And I'll take easier raids over the utterly moronic You-Must-Fail-Many-Times-To-Learn-It design. Always hated this approach.

Utterly opinionated nonsense.

Lots of improvements to the beta I played.

So BW got almost everything right.

Except that filling that bar does jack all to remove existing CC, and that it's very unlikely you're going to fill it before dying in a non-organized/solo play situation.

Yeah, this is true.

There are also other things I don't like about the game. I guess I better start multiple threads to complain about them. Prepare for incoming "Not enough hair or body type options!" and "Color crystals have stats BW sucks gimme a refund rarrghgharaglerar!!" threads.

- No target of target

I just stopped at terrible graphics, i was driving today with my driving teacher, and we got into what we bought for ourself in christmas and i said swtor.

He said hes 2 boys had bought it aswell and the first thing he sais is that he thinks the game looks beautiful - this coming from a 50 something year old man not playing games at all.

My mother, hater of games have also said that it's very good looking.

I think it's good looking, tons of people think its good looking.

So maybe, just maybe you would think outside your narrow mind before you write posts that critize and have a objective attitude. Because now it's so much bias in your claims that it is not even worth reading.