So what did BW get RIGHT? Hard to tell.

FatherJeffrey

First of all this game isn't a MMO, it's a SP game with some MP aspects and heavy instancing, on par with Guild Wars if not worse.

Stopped reading there. OP clearly has never played GW and doesn't know what they're talking about. He's also completely wrong on TOR not being an MMO.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all this game isn't a MMO, it's a SP game with some MP aspects and heavy instancing, on par with Guild Wars if not worse.

- Terrible controls: Clunky, unresponsive and heavy.

- Everything is instanced to an extreme.

- Terrible graphics: Lack of options too.

- No mod support: Recount etc is a must for end game content. However seeing PvE in this game is faceroll I guess it's not needed.

- Companions are silly, why not make the character more powerful instead.

- NO DR in PvP: ROFL!

- No PvP brackets: 50's just dominate all.

- No combat tab: Big ***?

- Broken loot system: Anyone can need on anything, even if they can't use it.

- Can't pick another advanced tree without leveling.

- No LFG system - Spamming chat while also being in an instanced area.

- Terrible UI: Can't hide not used icon slots.

- No target of target

- Targeting is **** and placement of targets icon is even worse.

- Terrible in game map: Cant zoom or do anything

- No UI scaling, actually pretty much no UI options at all.

- Terrible AH UI: Need I say more?

- 50's already with faceroll endgame raids.

Most if not all of these things are TOTALLY unacceptable, especially for a 2012 release.

Makes me wonder *** the beta was for? So many elementary things are broken, it's mind blowing.

So quit and go away. I think the game is awesome, as do thousands of others.

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

Ok, so you don't enjoy the game.

You failed to mention the part where you are forced to play it. Oh wait, you aren't forced to play it? Well, then, if you don't enjoy, don't play.

Not exactly a hard concept.

However I'm post valid feedback and hopefully stop future buyers from buying the game, as at this point of time it would be literally throwing your money down the drain.

Remember the things I posted are mostly facts on how broken things are, not being a fanboi or bashing. Just being realistic.

Isn't GW2 supposed to be the next big thing?

That's on you. Fix your settings, the controls are really smooth and responsive once you fix that.

You later criticize the game for using gameplay mechanics that are too dated. But modern MMO mechanics are instance based. Contradictory criticism.

Graphics are fine. Customization is non-existent, but there's a whole ton of other games you can play for that. Like City of Heroes.

- No mod support: Recount etc is a must for end game content. However seeing PvE in this game is faceroll I guess it's not needed.

Day 2 and you're asking for mods for end-game? What?

Companions help drive the story. They're kind of integral for that.

Your PvP expectations are a tad disturbing, especially considering your previous commentary about GW.

Watch the health bars?

That's not broken at all. What is it you feel you've been robbed of at level 20 that you don't outgrow later that day?

ROFL. Really? This is a criticism how?

Grouping isn't hard in this game. It's just reliant on human social skills.

I think you're doing it wrong.

- No target of target

Easy to deal with for people who've played MMOs prior to the year 2010.

The map performs its basic function. It tells you where you are and what's around you. One thing it can do is go transparent while you run. Quite useful in some spots.

You already mentioned this.

Probably should say a bit more.

hah. That's irrelevant. That happens in each and every MMO.

Most if not all of these things are TOTALLY unacceptable, especially for a 2012 release.

Makes me wonder *** the beta was for? So many elementary things are broken, it's mind blowing.

Unacceptable? Interesting.

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

- No target of target

First off what you are calling broken is false.

You need to know what the difference is about something being broken and not to your liking.

From stating there is a broken loot system to assuming there should be changing ACs or specs...

Again... you need to learn about what is broken or not what you want.

Big difference.

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

It is not a must at all IMO, best thing they have done not allowing mods in my opinion.

Really, I do really well in PvP even against higher players. Im my first match at lvl 10 having just taken my advanced class I can top of the game in damage, kills, least deaths and second on objective points. The majority of other players were many levels above me. I have done many warzones since then and I am always in the top 3.

The loot system is the same (or at least very similar) to many other MMO's. It works well enough in others.

Not sure what you mean here?

There is an LFG system although it is quite limited, the main problem is the players not using it, not the system itself.

- No target of target

Not there yet so can't comment

Many things have changed since the beta's.

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

However I'm post valid feedback and hopefully stop future buyers from buying the game, as at this point of time it would be literally throwing your money down the drain.

Remember the things I posted are mostly facts on how broken things are, not being a fanboi or bashing. Just being realistic.

You mean facts like the one you posted in the other thread? That WoW had no major bugs at launch?

Yeah...I'll take your facts with a truckload of salt.

What MMOs have you played? o_O

Only people who already bought the game can post on the forums at this point. You aren't being realistic, you are preaching your opinion as if it were indisputable evidence as to why the game sucks. You don't like it. That's cool. You aren't being helpful to anyone and you know it.

- Terrible controls: Clunky, unresponsive and heavy. No problem here and you can change your ability que to help with the combat flow

- Everything is instanced to an extreme. I fail to see an issue with some instance flash quests. Unlike what you are saying not a ton of the game is instanced. The story makes the leveling compelling

- No mod support: Recount etc is a must for end game content. However seeing PvE in this game is faceroll I guess it's not needed. Funny calling this game a face roll especially if you have played wow. Have done the operations? This game is far from a face roll. and mods are not needed for end game raiding. Those of us that have been playing a while have done fine over the years without it.

- Companions are silly, why not make the character more powerful instead. It is a trade mark of bioware and help with the story. It is part of the game sorry.- NO DR in PvP: ROFL!

- No PvP brackets: 50's just dominate all. If you are constantly being rolled then that falls on you lack of understanding your class and ability to play.

- Broken loot system: Anyone can need on anything, even if they can't use it. I actually agree with this.- Can't pick another advanced tree without leveling. This is a good thing and most game sare like this. You can't get everything you want in life.

- Terrible UI: Can't hide not used icon slots. UI can use some tweeking for sure

- No target of target

- Terrible in game map: Cant zoom or do anything: The map is awesome best i have seen i would say learn to use it and you can zoom in on an area.

- No UI scaling, actually pretty much no UI options at all. I agree but it has already been said that changes are coming

- Terrible AH UI: Need I say more? again i agree here

Sorry but the graphics are far better than wow and unique. The launch has been the best i have ever seen and , for me, extremely smooth. I love the story as it pulls you in and make leveling so painless. Regardless of all the QQ i find PvP challenging, enjoyful, and i do just fine.

So many people are looking for a launch game that has every bell and whistle that game that have been out 3-7 years and that is unrealistic. I have to say after reading you posts this isn't the game for you good luck.

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

yo dawg we heard you like cryin about games....

But for real alot of people have been waiting 2+ years for this game to be released and are just happy to be able to finally play. All these problems will work themselves out in the near future. I mean after all it is only 1 day after the official launch. If you're looking for a game that is established and has been around for 7 years to work out the kinks its that way ------->

I LEIK CHOCOLATE MILK!

-Companions

-Crew Skills

-Class Stories

-Orange items that let you mod them to keep them viable at whatever level you are

-Voice overs

To me all of these things are excellent reasons to play TOR. Both of our statements are pure opinion, nothing more.

I, too, enjoy chocolate milk.

I'm not sure if you should be turning people away from the game but I totally think you are right to voice these points on the forum.

Bioware needs to sort it out, being a fan-boy and pretending these issues don't exist is only going to hurt the game in the end.

The game cant improve unless we voice what we don't like about the game and right now there are so many thing that should of been implemented or done better.

I find it funny, how the fan boys defend the game till the bitter end even though most of the concerns the OP had have been posted by MANY others as issues.

There may be issues to some people but clearly most people have no problem with them and are enjoying the game. Also it is clearly evident that BW has most of these so called issues as a low priority.

Edited by Jaqknife

FatherJeffrey, all you do is *****. Why start several threads about your hate of the game? Why not just quit?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=62966

Yeah that you posting again. Just quit.

This is my second thread, which listed a number of issues. Other one was purely based on movement.

I'm trying to help save people money here bro and help BW fix their game.

- No target of target

I hear WoW has most if not all of that...dont let the door..

No, they are your opinion on how things should be different, not facts about how things are 'broken'.

I find it funny, how the fan boys defend the game till the bitter end even though most of the concerns the OP had have been posted by MANY others as issues.

Some of what the OP posted was misinformation. Such as the responsiveness of controls. This is due to lag and FPS issues the servers are having and many many threads have posted how to tweak one's settings to fix that.

Some of what the OP posted was somewhat irrelevant. Like the graphics complaint. Ok, the OP doesn't like the graphics. Cool. We get that. But the leading MMO on the market also has low end graphics. It's just a matter of a company playing it safer with graphics, due to the vicious cycle that happens when an MMO company chases high end graphics. And you can see more time was spent on story/content development.

And some of what the OP posted is completely out of left field. Like the complaint about not being able to pick another advanced tree without levelling, or the complaints about endgame.