Assault Spec Commando ?

Zartuim

I've been reading alot of the posts lately and I am gathering that most people believe that the best spec for Commando is Gunnery or Medic.

I am a DPS Commando (if I wanted to heal I'd play my Sage or Sorc). Is there no decent Assault Spec for the Commando? (I am still leveling 45+)

Also, Crit is the better stat over Power for Assault Spec, correct?

Thanks

I've been reading alot of the posts lately and I am gathering that most people believe that the best spec for Commando is Gunnery or Medic.

I am a DPS Commando (if I wanted to heal I'd play my Sage or Sorc). Is there no decent Assault Spec for the Commando? (I am still leveling 45+)

Thanks

The Dev team pretty much gutted the Assault Commandos when they gutted the Assault VG's.

Due to them also redoing crit ratings, it's pretty much just all power for any of the commando specs.

Thanks

In general it is correct, Gunnery or Medic is the best and most viable choice.

I've never seen anyone say crit is better for Assault commandos. Except myself.

The reason I say it is because almost all your damage as Assault has a 30% critical damage boost which is best exploited by lots of critical rating.

Not everything in crit but we're talking 400-odd instead of the 0 that Gunnery needs.

For PvP, there is no question which one to use; Assault...forget all about the "other" one if you're into PvP big time

DPS....Yeah? So? In PvP dps is a part, and a big part at that. But for the little dps extra from Gunnery you loose soooooo much mobility, which makes Assault the logical choice. I've been testing the Gunnery build folks here use.

My Assault build is at least %20 better in PvP than Gunnery.