SWTOR is a Veiled Pay2Win game

WillHolmes

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who are happy with the game over all will tolerate more than the people who are generally unhappy with it will,

This statement is true precisely because there are people who are unhappy with an MMO yet play it and need to conflate, exaggerate, and distort as a pretense to justify their unhappiness while still giving the company their subscription dollars every month.

it is an interesting human behavior, which is by no means a unique malady to MMOs. It is in fact the source and cause of much unnecessary conflict on the planet.

but mark my words, every time they get away with a little thing it is one step closer to "the best gear in the game" being on that market.

An example of a low grade version of conflation, exaggeration, and distortion IMO. Why beat around the bush... why not just say.... but it WILL BECOME P2W one day. Then we can mark your words in a book of prophesy and await for it's fulfillment or invalidation in time. :)

Edited by Andryah

This statement is true precisely because there are people who are unhappy with an MMO yet play it and need to conflate, exaggerate, and distort as a pretense to justify their unhappiness while still giving the company their subscription dollars every month.

it is an interesting human behavior, which is by no means a unique malady to MMOs. It is in fact the source and cause of much unnecessary conflict on the planet.

An example of a low grade version of conflation, exaggeration, and distortion IMO. Why beat around the bush... why not just say.... but it WILL BECOME P2W one day. Then we can mark your words in a book of prophesy and await for it's fulfillment or invalidation in time. :)

As I don’t wholeheartedly disagree with you, however, I can understand what Hippiechick fears. There is no way of knowing it thus making her concerns impotent among the general populace. I have the same fear but will not be so bold as to say it will become factual.

I do not agree with your assessment in reference to your analogy of conflict. By nature if something makes us unhappy we usually do not want to be involved in it unless it is something that we care about. That is why we push our opinions about this game in the direction that we think will resolve the conflicting variables making us unsatisfied.