Enough Gree! Give Me Back My Rakghouls!!

VesperFrost

idk what you guys dont understand about a "re-occurring" event. Gree events were introduced as re-occurring, chevin and rakghoul were not.

I do not believe there was any mention anywhere about anyone at any time not understading what reoccurring does or does not mean :)

I understand that the Gree event was designed to be an event that occurred at more than one time. I understand that the Rakghoul and the Chevin event were not designed with this specifically in mind, that is not to say that they were designed to happen only once.

However, regardless of design intent, this thread is making a comment that I, and others, might like to see it again. Would you?

Thank you for your thoughts on the matter :)

yea i would like to see the rakghoul event again. The black-green color crystals are the best looking in game, IMO.

I am curious about the new recurring event that is scheduled for 2.3 in august.

yea i would like to see the rakghoul event again. The black-green color crystals are the best looking in game, IMO.

I am curious about the new recurring event that is scheduled for 2.3 in august.

Aren't the Black Green color crystals some reward for purchasing Razor products or something? Like the SWToR mouse?

I too am curious about the recurring event, now that I have heard you mention it? Any other details, or just the date?

Aren't the Black Green color crystals some reward for purchasing Razor products or something? Like the SWToR mouse?

I too am curious about the recurring event, now that I have heard you mention it? Any other details, or just the date?

you could buy the black-green color crystals from the event vendor or tattooine with dna samples

http://www.torhead.com/item/dnILlPE/rakghoul-dna-sample#currency-for

the razor SE crystals are different, so iv heard.

idk anything for the 2.3 recurring event aside from the date

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=643138

you could buy the black-green color crystals from the event vendor or tattooine with dna samples

http://www.torhead.com/item/dnILlPE/rakghoul-dna-sample#currency-for

the razor SE crystals are different, so iv heard.

idk anything for the 2.3 recurring event aside from the date

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=643138

Excellent, thank you for the links. :)

• 1 month later...

Chiming in that I would also like to please have the rakghoul but especially the Chevin event return! I got the three blaster rifles, but was unable to farm enough tokens (and I tried) to get one of the sniper rifles before the event ended.

As for the rakghoul event, it was actually prior to the server transfers debacle, and due to losing ALL my names AND my legacy name (which I didn't think my legacy name was that common, but apparently it was common enough at the time that someone else had it) I rerolled on another server (Drooga) so all my rakghoul stuff is on old characters I don't even play anymore on a server I've not logged onto for... how long ago were the forced server transfers?

Not sure if people are aware but the Rakghoul event was the event the led into the Kaon Under Seige and Lost Island FP. It was a one time deal. Now that Dr. Lorric is dealt with, Bioware would have to create another story arc to describe why the Rakghouls are back.

As to the Chevin event, that was event that led into the Gree's return to known space. Now that the Gree have returned, why would we need another event telling us of their return.

The Gree even is reoccuring due to the fact that the Gree arrive at Illum have us do a little research for them and then leave. They return to get more research done.

This is why the Rakghoul and Chevin event are no longer available, and the Gree event is reoccuring.

In 2.3 we will have a new event (Bounty Hunter Contract Week) that should also be reoccuring.

You can say you want the Rakghouls back, but as I posted there is no story arc to warrant it.

Not sure if people are aware but the Rakghoul event was the event the led into the Kaon Under Seige and Lost Island FP. It was a one time deal. Now that Dr. Lorric is dealt with, Bioware would have to create another story arc to describe why the Rakghouls are back.

As to the Chevin event, that was event that led into the Gree's return to known space. Now that the Gree have returned, why would we need another event telling us of their return.

The Gree even is reoccuring due to the fact that the Gree arrive at Illum have us do a little research for them and then leave. They return to get more research done.

This is why the Rakghoul and Chevin event are no longer available, and the Gree event is reoccuring.

In 2.3 we will have a new event (Bounty Hunter Contract Week) that should also be reoccuring.

You can say you want the Rakghouls back, but as I posted there is no story arc to warrant it.

I fully realize all of those facts, I even agree with them. However, that doesn't stop me from wanting the event back :) They could even dress it up as something else, finding another reason to have the event return, and that would be fine with me; I simply wish they would return.

Reoccurring events are excellent, and I'm glad they're adding more of them to the game. However, the fact that the were not originally slated to be reoccurring, nor the story reason for them not returning, stop me from wanting them to return :)