Arsenal PVP, and set bonuses?

ErlendG

Hello

Is it at any point worth it going for the 2Piece Eliminator PVE bonus?

So swapping some 120 expertise and the 4Piece PVP Bonus(15% Rail Shot Crit) for 15% Tracer Crit? Not sure how the final result would look with bolster, but the set bonuses alone seems like a no-brainer.

Also, how are the lvl 50 War Hero Relics holding up at lvl 55? 113 passive power still seems fairly massive to me.

I'd like to know this myself:

Before 2.0 and ironically when arsenal sucked for pvp this was a good strat. But now I'm honestly not sure it's worth loosing all that expertise unless you can get your hands on a high end pve set in general. If those are the only pve slots you are going to take I don't know if that 15% on crit damage is going to over come the loss vs players that run with lots of high end pve gear. Conqueror is competitive and (I hope) slightly better than bolstered 72 pve gear but I think that's a very thin margin. So if you remove 120 expertise you might fall below that... someone better at number crunching will have to answer ...

I use 2 piece PvE Eliminator (+15% crit on Tracer Missile) with 2 piece PvP Combat Medic (reduce cooldown of Hydraulic Overrides by 5 seconds).

Tracer is a very significant portion of your damage. I do not agree with taking +15% crit on Rail Shot because a) it has a 15s cooldown and b) it's quite likely to be parried or deflected and c) sometimes I use Tracer Lock for a small self-heal rather than Rail Shot if the situation requires it.

As for the Combat Medic set bonus, mobility is everything, especially for Huttball and the increased uptime (10s every 25s) on Hydraulic Overrides wins games. Prior to switching to this set bonus I could not count how many times I "would have" ended up scoring if HO was available just 2 or 3 seconds earlier. It makes a world of difference.

P.S. The expertise loss is not that significant (I still have 2016 exp even though my gloves and boots are 61 Campaign components). I believe that using 61/63 (Campaign or Dread Guard) PvE mods on two of your pieces (preferably gloves and boots, since they comprise a smaller portion of your armor rating) will work much better with bolster than using Arkanian. Make sure not to mix and match expertise and non-expertise mods in a single piece.

Edited by Jenzali