Explosive Conflict 2manned

You are absolutely right, of course. At level 55 we both outlevel and outgear EC. But I think you're slightly overestimating the level factor. True, your defense against level 50 mobs is significantly higher, but I don't think operation bosses are at the same degree of disadvantage. From combat logs I saw that Kephess missed 16% of his attacks on me. Considering that sages have 10% base defense chance and that majority of Kephess's attacks are melee, it doesn't look like the extra defense I got by being higher level is a big factor here. On a side note, Toth and Zorn never missed at all.

I agree about the gear part though. Our hp and our stats are about twice as high than they were with columi gear. Except for damage reduction part, which isn't a lot higher - especially for sages, whose DR from armor got nerfed in 2.0.

However, as overgeared as we were, I think we more than compensated for it by only bringing a quarter of a raid group :D And instead of tanks tanking, we had a sage and a sentinel doing it. Instead of 2 healers we only had one (or less - I need to be a hybrid sometimes to beat the enrage timers). We don't have any taunts, but, to be honest, I find threat mechanics without taunts much more interesting.

I apologize if the wall of text critically hit anyone for *61537 :p

:D

The overall point I was trying to make by my post is that there are mitigating factors to why you were able to 2 man up till Kephess then 3 man. Therefore no additional challenge is necessary. Had you done it in full columi grade equipment 2 man I'd be impressed, and pushing the devs to up the difficulty.

To the others who brought up the point it is columi grade I apologize. I WAS thinking of hard mode.

What did you do to handle Double Destruction on Stormcaller?

During the video, you clearly see Stormcaller cast it... the sentinel eats it and has both debuff stacks for a second or two, and then they almost immediately fall off..............

The overall point I was trying to make by my post is that there are mitigating factors to why you were able to 2 man up till Kephess then 3 man. Therefore no additional challenge is necessary. Had you done it in full columi grade equipment 2 man I'd be impressed, and pushing the devs to up the difficulty.

To the others who brought up the point it is columi grade I apologize. I WAS thinking of hard mode.

Yes but you come off as dismissing their achievement.

Obviously it wouldn't be possible in Columi with two people.

Don't say it's an easy feat or unimpressive unless you have shown you can do it yourself.

What did you do to handle Double Destruction on Stormcaller?

During the video, you clearly see Stormcaller cast it... the sentinel eats it and has both debuff stacks for a second or two, and then they almost immediately fall off..............

On story mode this debuff only tickles a bit compared to hard mode :)

Edited by ceazare
extra thought

• 2 weeks later...

The point is that they did it. Stating the reasons that they could do it is moot - we know those reasons; they are level 55, the Op is tuned for level 50 mid-geared on SM.

That said, unless or until you do it, perhaps you might give kudos to those who did, and understand that they also mentioned that they want the game to be re-balanced and difficulty increased - that was stated in their answer to someone who had said "Not well done" (his comment was directed at the game, not at the players who did this) when they said "Why do you think we did this?" - an element of bragging rights, and pointing out that we need more and more challenging content.

Have a great day! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well I know this is no NM DG but still, I enjoyed the fight. My bro and I decided to start clearing EC 2man here is our video of Zorn and Toth from last night. Now I can say that I have a server first (I think):D

Edited by g_mK

Nice job. Do it in Hard Mode. ;)

It's not possible to do that on HM even with 100% augmented Kell Dragon.

And I don't mean "NiM DG are mathematically impossible" I mean genuinely impossible.

Maybe once the next couple of tiers of gear have been released someone can try to 2 man HM EC.

It's not possible to do that on HM even with 100% augmented Kell Dragon.

And I don't mean "NiM DG are mathematically impossible" I mean genuinely impossible.

Maybe once the next couple of tiers of gear have been released someone can try to 2 man HM EC.

People have been clearing old content over and over in many MMO's and still people start to be pissed about it? Paladin did solo some raid encounter in EQ2 which used to require 24 people 2 or 3 expansions later for the personal challenge without using any bugs etc. . I think it's something which should be possible and if it serves to give these people a challenge and fun.... let them do it.