Gree In-Game Event Returns

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't find the Gree dailies fun (regardless of reputation), you do something else. If you can't find that in SWTOR, find it elsewhere. This is a game, not your life.

I still do Black Hole most days. Ilum dailies a couple times a week. Section X, Makeb Staged, GSI (10 quests plus a heroic) once a week. When I'm not in the mood for any or all of them, my first reaction is not to forum troll and complain about it. I do something else -- play another game, give gaming a night off, whatever. Personally I'm glad the Gree event is coming back.

I am a day one subscriber. I keep the subscription because $15 monthly is a trivial amount in terms of the hourly cost of entertainment.

+1

Why the people whining? Nobody is forcing them to play if they don't like or if they got all of the rewards already.

I'm already a Perfect Gold Bisector, but I'm glad it's coming back so I can pick up a few more lightsabers. Would like to see a craftable dye like some of the other rep vendors got and maybe a few new items of something. Really, I'm only doing it for the helix components at this point.

This event should be on different planet each time. If the ship keep jumping from a system to other to collect data, they should jump to other planet. At least i would be a different scenario.

This was only a way to make ilum operational, as they couldnt make it a real pvp battle zone. So now they have an excuse to keep ilum on. It's a jug-rig.

SWTOR isn't a PvP game, just so you know. It's primarily PvE with a PvP aspect to it. PvP content will probably come some time in September, if we are lucky.

And they promised us that we could: "Expect to see new Warzones and PvP content on a regular basis"

Time to start living up to those promises.

Great, The Gree. Out of all the events why bring back this one? Personally the only thing I wanted from this event was the speeder, but even that isn't worth getting. Please bring back the Rakghoul Event, that was fun and the rewards were great. I missed it, I think joining in on the game one month after it ended. Or you could possibly do a dual event? Bring back both, OR even mix the two. Have Rakghoul's outbreak on the Gree. :rak_07:

Something other than this boring, not worth doing event.

Well, I know several people have mentioned it already, clearly not enough, but here goes anyway:

I just got to lvl 55 for the first time. I've never seen the Gree event. I got pretty damn excited about getting to play it, then I saw the countless reactions of people complaining about it. I'm sorry you're all disappointed, but come on, let the newer people enjoy it too, instead of making us feel like idiots for being interested.

If you're not interested in any of the content, if you've earned everything there is to earn there, just don't play it. Why does this affect you so much?

I'm really looking forward to it. I hope I won't have too many older players ruining it for me, they often find ways to do these things.

Edited by bigvivien

I just want to say I am thrilled about the return of the Gree event! I didn't have much time to do it last time and before and during the previous gree event I and my mates didn't have a level 50 and by the time we were a close enough level we only had like two to three days to participate.

I'm a little sad that so many people are complaining about it. It doesn't make any newer players feel welcome at all.

Edited by xXxSPYROxXx

will we ever see a return of the other event from tatooine given that the amount of people who kept their containment offcier outfits and didnt augment them if they did keep them (augmented outfits do not count towards achviement) must be at most in the double digits

As a fairly new player, I'm excited to see this event return. However, based on some of the comments in this thread, I'm wondering that when/if I acquire all of the rewards and reputation, will I be forced against my will to return to this event if it returns forcing me to whine about it's existence on the forums?

I'm hoping they add a new speeder. The current one looks cool, and I should be able to get it within a week of grinding grey helix but enough people have that one already. Add a new pet, new armors and weapons.

Either way...I know what day I'll be calling out of work :rolleyes:

As a fairly new player, I'm excited to see this event return. However, based on some of the comments in this thread, I'm wondering that when/if I acquire all of the rewards and reputation, will I be forced against my will to return to this event if it returns forcing me to whine about it's existence on the forums?

It depends on how much time you spend on it and with how many characters. If you complete all the missions and Operation Boss (Xenoanalyst II) with about 3-4 characters you can get enough reputation items to get to Legend rank in about 5 days. If you only have one character, you may need to join the event twice or thrice (you'd need 2-3 weeks). Of course, a completely different matter is the acquisition of the reputation items, some of which (weapons and the vehicle) require a special currency you obtain from some of the missions and by killing the Xenoanalyst II: depending on how many of those you want to purchase, you'd have to play more or less.

Well, I know several people have mentioned it already, clearly not enough, but here goes anyway:

I just got to lvl 55 for the first time. I've never seen the Gree event. I got pretty damn excited about getting to play it, then I saw the countless reactions of people complaining about it. I'm sorry you're all disappointed, but come on, let the newer people enjoy it too, instead of making us feel like idiots for being interested.

If you're not interested in any of the content, if you've earned everything there is to earn there, just don't play it. Why does this affect you so much?

I'm really looking forward to it. I hope I won't have too many older players ruining it for me, they often find ways to do these things.

Hi to you newer players...we like to get new stuff regardless if you missed it the first 3 times. They are trying to mask their crappy 2.1 launch with this bad attempt at old stuff that the Majority of people who play this on a regular basis have all the stuff it has to offer already.

Screw all the haters, I'm excited. I'm like... 40 rep points shy of Legend status with the Gree.

Are there ways it could be improved? Sure, but I'm still going to enjoy what's there. Maybe this time I'll actually get to do HM Xeno.

Thanks for bringing this back. I left before I could cap champion, as well as getting the mount, and I appreciate having recurring events, as well as new events, to change things up a bit. Much like DMF, it wasn't necessary, it was consistent every month, and you had the option to work toward rewards if you wanted to, or ignore it if you didn't.

The Chevrin event was the lead up to this event, so I suspect it's one of the least likely to make a return. It was also pretty awful, with queues around collection nodes and waits of up to about 45 mins to get some of them. It really wasn't much fun I'm afraid.

While that blows, I'd still like for it to make a comeback. I'd like to have a bowcaster on my op, but seems it'll never happen.

There is more whine and cheese here than a French festival.

I often wonder how these bitter spoilt whiners survive in the real world.

Oh the irony... I'm whining about whiners... herpa derp

I am glad too see these events brought back. For those that are new or missed it the first times.

Well, I'm happy that it's back...and hopefully I'll be able to get some missions done without being swarmed by PvP'ers 20 times a day this time, But I do agree on the brutal update...I would expect that for the F2P'er but to do this to your subs. That's like a swift kick in the daddy bags!!!