DEVS: What does "unlimited access to all game features" mean?

DarthTHC

I do not have unlimited access to change hairstyles on my companions. I have limited access to do that.

From their end, it still stands true. You're only limited by yourself. And by that I mean limited by your inability to save coins, or limited by your ability to purchase more.

That's really all they have to say to shut you down.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From their end, it still stands true. You're only limited by yourself. And by that I mean limited by your inability to save coins, or limited by your ability to purchase more.

that's okay they might realize their mistake and change their mind when they lose a lot of players to other games that are launching soon and follow through on promises.

If I purchase more coins, that's not part of my subscription, is it?

So I'm limited by my subscription, which Mr. Hickman said gives UNLIMITED access to ALL GAME FEATURES.

I may be able to re-do my hairstyle 475 times or whatever I can get to with all the coins I've received so far, but I can't do #476. That's a limit.

Wow, I feel really "shut down" now. Nap time.

You obviously are unfamiliar with my defense of this patch and the concept of reading for comprehension. But thanks for your valuable input.

This obviously is just another whining thread among hundreds about the CM versus sub privileges and the concept of entitlement. But thanks for being a special snowflake (just like all the rest!)

This obviously is just another whining thread among hundreds about the CM versus sub privileges and the concept of entitlement. But thanks for being a special snowflake (just like all the rest!)

If consumer rights are a whine then ill have some cheese.

Wow, you couldn't even comprehend the 20 words you quoted, let alone the OP. Nice. I hope that's due to wake & bake and not your natural state.

I have vehemently defended this patch. The prices are low enough that anyone who didn't blow their coins on gambling packs as soon as they got them should not care.

However, that is NOT the point of my OP.

The point of my OP is that they told us one thing then they did something else entirely. That is a concern. It needs to be reconciled.

I do see your point but I disagree. They've been gating nearly everything cosmetic behind cartel coins every since F2P. All the coolest armors are cartel pack stuff, which is no surprise at all. The new race, the character redesign kiosk: these are both purely cosmetic items. They are not features in my personal opinion, they are cosmetic options. The fact that other MMOs have free character appearance changes is irrelevant.

Now, if this patch contained a flashpoint or op that required cartel coins in addition to a monthly sub fee, I'd be 100% right there with you, and would be raging just as much as a lot of others here. If they did that I would immediately cancel my sub. But that's a matter of personal opinion, I suppose. I simply don't accept that 100% pure cosmetic items are gameplay features. I do think it sucks that you have to use cartel coins for appearance changes, it would be a nice little perk for subs. But then again, in my opinion I don't care too much how my character looks. I like the flashpoints, the operations, and the story. I don't care about playing dress up, so I don't care too much about this patch.

I certainly never expected it to be included in my sub, because every single cool cosmetic thing has been an additional fee ever since F2P went live.

The EA and BioWare flag-bearers will find a way to defend this, and say that it's "for the better good" or something. Entitlement isn't the argument. It's the blatant lying from the development staff.

It's when the F2P model gets used and abused and starts selling a game for far more than it's actually worth.

2.2 better deliver.

Edit: By the way, I consider a 'new race' and heck... even access to HK-47 'game content' that I shouldn't have to pay for. Because hell.. I already pay fifteen dollars a month.

Edited by IronSith

You really do need to read something before replying to it. It does wonders for the impression you give to others.

The OP has been very clear that he's not whining but asking for a clarification/reconcilliation between what was promised and what we received last tuesday.

I'm very interested in any reply BW give on the subject as I can see why some are upset. Personally I could give a womrat's arse what was included in fluff 2.1 as I'm holding out for 2.2 but after reading the PoV here I can see the argument for the words. :p

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

Wow, you couldn't even comprehend the 20 words you quoted, let alone the OP. Nice. I hope that's due to wake & bake and not your natural state.

Aww. Did you run out of genuine complaints again?

Closest I get to a wake & bake these days is determined by how fresh my coffee is... why is marijuana abuse the first thing on your mind?

Snip.

Well, certainly. Plans do change. I don't think we should simply accept that excuse, however. If someone, anyone (friends, corporations, politicians etc) says one thing, then does another without even acknowledging it or shrugging it off by saying, "Plans change, lol" then that isn't just fine.

Of course it's irrelevant in this case since we're talking about a video game. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed and the OP never asked for anything to be changed, simply for clarification.

Frankly, "that's reality" and "that's life" are trite... I hesitate to call them arguments that just make you sound tired and jaded. Maybe you are, maybe you aren't, but those lines certainly don't add anything to the discussion.

I do see your point but I disagree. They've been gating nearly everything cosmetic behind cartel coins every since F2P. All the coolest armors are cartel pack stuff, which is no surprise at all. The new race, the character redesign kiosk: these are both purely cosmetic items. They are not features in my personal opinion, they are cosmetic options. The fact that other MMOs have free character appearance changes is irrelevant.

Now, if this patch contained a flashpoint or op that required cartel coins in addition to a monthly sub fee, I'd be 100% right there with you, and would be raging just as much as a lot of others here. If they did that I would immediately cancel my sub. But that's a matter of personal opinion, I suppose. I simply don't accept that 100% pure cosmetic items are gameplay features. I do think it sucks that you have to use cartel coins for appearance changes, it would be a nice little perk for subs. But then again, in my opinion I don't care too much how my character looks. I like the flashpoints, the operations, and the story. I don't care about playing dress up, so I don't care too much about this patch.

I certainly never expected it to be included in my sub, because every single cool cosmetic thing has been an additional fee ever since F2P went live.

The difference between the former gating and Tuesday's patch, as I said in the OP, is that Tuesday's patch is coin ONLY. Other items that are gated behind the cartel shop can be sold on the GTN, and I'm willing to stipulate that anything I can get for credits falls into unlimited access.

I consider the kiosk a game feature. I suppose one answer from the devs might be that they don't consider the kiosk a feature.

I want to see their answer though. I don't want to speculate.

If I purchase more coins, that's not part of my subscription, is it?

So I'm limited by my subscription, which Mr. Hickman said gives UNLIMITED access to ALL GAME FEATURES.

I may be able to re-do my hairstyle 475 times or whatever I can get to with all the coins I've received so far, but I can't do #476. That's a limit.

Wow, I feel really "shut down" now. Nap time.

My statement still stands. The fact that you have to reach for a ridiculous rebuttal shows that. Nobody is going to stand around and re-do their hair 476 times and you know it. And don't come back with "hurr durr if they wanted to they should be able to" because it's a retarded point and you know it. If you have to dip into stupidity just to prove a point then you point has no merit.

Closest I get to a wake & bake these days is determined by how fresh my coffee is... why is marijuana abuse the first thing on your mind?

That's typically the source of inability to comprehend. The other option I mentioned was that it's your natural state or did you miss that too?

You might notice that I have never actually complained about this patch and that when others did, I... corrected them. That's not what the OP is about. But if you can't comprehend a 2 sentence post, I'm sure you're all out of concentration by now so ta ta.

You should probably stop talking, because you continue to make yourself look like more of a fool than anyone else on these forums. And that, my friend, is quite the feat.

THe point is -- they said one thing, and did another. Many of us don't really care that they did this. We aren't complaining. We're requesting a statement about it.

If they would just come out and say, "We have changed our viewpoints a bit since realizing more about our model. Subscribers will not be charged for, or limited at all, to gameplay content. Anything related to appearance can and will be placed into the CM."

I'd be perfectly fine with that. But, this wasn't the impression we were given originally -- as far as "features" go.

My statement still stands. The fact that you have to reach for a ridiculous rebuttal shows that. Nobody is going to stand around and re-do their hair 476 times and you know it. And don't come back with "hurr durr if they wanted to they should be able to" because it's a retarded point and you know it. If you have to dip into stupidity just to prove a point then you point has no merit.

No my point is that the Executive Producer said "unlimited access to all game features" and the game DID limited access to game features.

Numbers are irrelevant. Actions mismatch words.

Oh, for crying out loud.. Read the whole blog. Like it or not, it's clear that the character customization items in the Cartel Market are not covered under "game features".

People keep quoting "you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge" as if the following paragraph doesn't apply to subscribers. You don't get to interpret meaning by picking and choosing what information is correct and hold the developers accountable.

Look at what's in the Cartel Market that F2P players don't have free access to that subscribers do. Section X, HK-51, unlimited access to Warzones and Flashpoints, all starter Species. Those are game features. Is there anything in the Cartel Shop that you don't get as a subscriber that doesn't qualify as a convenience or character customization?

Whether you agree with customizations and armor dyes being in the Cartel Shop or not, Jeff Hickman told us exactly what they were going to do in that blog. Stop pretending that 2.1 is some kind of "slap in the face" to subscribers.

While I happen to disagree with the OP, he does have a point. He feels that the sub fee says he gets access to all game features. Clearly he considers the appearance kiosk and new race to be features (I hope I'm not putting words in your mouth, OP, please correct me if I am).

I happen to disagree because I personally don't feel that these options are game features based on the way F2P has been run since it went live, but he does have a valid point.

It's not ridiculous at all. Unlimited means not limited in any shape or form. It doesn't matter what you think is or isn't "retarded". Fact is that you can't go and change your character's entire appearance every day since you'd run out of CC. After that point, your access to that feature is limited. That's all the OP is saying.

Whether you agree with customizations and armor dyes being in the Cartel Shop or not, Jeff Hickman told us exactly what they were going to do in that blog. Stop pretending that 2.1 is some kind of "slap in the face" to subscribers.

Oh look! Another person who can't read.

Oh, for crying out loud.. Read the whole blog. Like it or not, it's clear that the character customization items in the Cartel Market are not covered under "game features".

You mean this?

With Cartel Coins you can purchase convenience items, boosts, visually unique gear, collectibles, and more. The new Cartel Market gives you the option to add to your game play experience with items that fit your play style and allow you to customize your character.

I see items, boots, gear, collectibles, items again.

I don't see anything in that blog that says "you'll have unlimited access to all game features except the game features we choose to implement via cartel market to which you'll have limited access."

Could you maybe quote that for me if you can find it?

Honestly, I don't have much of an opinion one way or the other because I don't particularly care one way or the other about customization, but I am curious as to what the BW will say in response, if anything. I haven't seen them on here for a few days.

The silence of cms this week... Wow.

LMAO yes I noticed that yesterday. Usually there would be a few 'I've passed on your comments to the developers and will try and get some info' posts but nada. Even if i don't agree with most of what's been written since 2.1 the sheer volume of complaints warrant some response imo.