Server Transfers ~ What will YOU do?

Reginlief

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After much deliberation I've decided that I will be transfering my toons to POT5 if and when transfers become available. I'm not much on ranked but I do enjoy wz's and the thought of 1 minute pops is too enticing to pass up. I'll be creating Oktari the powertech over there as soon as my up date is done. Edited by Octagon

• 2 weeks later...
Seems that transfers will really come tomorrow, and even if they don't, I'm already playing on Pot5 (my assassin is lvl 34 atm), so....I want to say goodbye to some friends that will stay here and specially for Wanted. Thank you Legend, Satori, Mugsy (Omnipresent now, I know, but I don't care), Waingro, Deathklok, Dez, Paigan, Corden, Huggernaut, Basidio, it was very nice and fun to play with you, hope I've helped you in this time I was playing with you. I wish you the best luck on this server, and if you decide to transfer to Pot5 later, please whisper me there. Love you all, take care guys!

On a slightly different note - wouldn't the whole transfer issue be moot if EA would institute cross - server Warzones?

It would be and preferable to people that don't always enjoy looking over their shoulders. However, BW has stated they've ran into some serious issues when it comes to transfers. So, transfers are still on the table but are a long way from happening.

Nice list Kilora!

While the exact details of which features will make Game Update 2.4 are still being hardened I can definitely say that Cross-Server Queueing is not in the plan for it. We've taken a hard look at Cross Server Queuing in the past and accomplishing it is a *significant* challenge that would take a lot of time away from other things we are working on. Emphasis on significant. It's not forever off the table but it's not in the plan right now.

Even though it is too early to share specifics I can say that Game Update 2.4 as it is being worked on right now has features and changes that should cause a significant improvement of queue times for ranked Warzones in particular. Emphasis on significant!

:jawa_smile:

Not 'forever' off the table, but definitely off the table for now. My understanding is that they're investing no effort into it. Big mistake, imho. Forcing people to pay for transfers for competitive PvP is going to fracture guilds.