I'm tired.... just soo tired...

_Kayko_

10K unstoppable smash.. 8.5K-9K Unstoppable sweep... 8K Unstoppable throw.. damn.. even a 2.5K-3K leap.. Full Expertise taking these kind of hits from someone who has 27K health in their F'n PvE modded BS.

There isn't a damn thing that can be done, can't push or stun, force speed is so worthless that there is no possibility to get 30m away from another leap.. *** good is bubble when they can just stand there and wait to choke, sweep, or throw?

What is Bioware thinking when it comes to the skill trees? Why is it possible to get both Unstoppable with 100% chance crit on Smash and still have room to take a 40% damage reduction from a 3rd tree all while not having to even give a crap about anything towards the tops of the tree? Why is this OK in PvP? How is it ok to take out 70%+ of someones health in near full Conqueror gear in 4 buttons (though leap and smash are basically one button from travel time and ability queue) without them being able to do much about it?

I seriously wish that Bioware would come out and explain the need for this to be possible without any sort of skill required, they get this by doing nearly nothing more then clicking the right pictures in a pop up window.

I'm just about done with this, there is no reason in PvE to have smash have a 100% crit chance, the only reason for it is to make up for having to run away for a split moment to leap. I don't care at this point, give them more damage, but on other abilities to make up for having to move away when they actually need to move away for PvE.

Unstoppable/unremitting requires shien. Your cc was resisted or wasted due to geometry issues or bugged out or I don't know. But I know that you can't do smash with cc immunity other than a filled resolve bar.

Personally, I have managed 10k sweeps in my vigilance-optimized suit but only on particular individuals who I suspect were underequipped. 7.5-8k on sorcs or less if taunted is the norm. Sentinel buff improves this number. Be sure not to stick around for the follow up if you get hit with the 1st one. You got force speed and stuff and unless I spend force push to keep you from running, force leap cooldown is a bit on the longish side and zealous leap is 10m. If a second leap takes place and you see that your character is slowed use your immunity bubble, the second sweep is a-coming. If you get ravaged after a leap and sweep it's important to interrupt due to a big damage bonus for 6 seconds thereafter. Honestly, the threat posed by a smash monkey is inversely proportional to your gamesmanship as well as that of your team.

Edited by Aelaias

I'm tired of bads complaining about Smash.

Stop keyboard turning and mouseclicking your abilities.

do you play focus/rage spec? b/c you are in every single QQ thread claiming there is no problem.

smash, for all intents and purposes has a 30m range. leap -> 100% crit chance smash. you can have the ability queued before you even finish the leap animation. if a rage/focus player wants to smash you, unless you CC them they are going to do it (or if you are a sniper/gs).

in organized group pvp, its not the end-all be-all DPS spec like so many people say it is. but for you to make it seem as if everyone has some massive l2p issue because they get hit with smash is inaccurate.

lets think for a second on how people would react if Grav Round proc'd a 100% crit chance to Demo Round, and it was an AOE....

Edited by cashogy_reborn

10K unstoppable smash.. 8.5K-9K Unstoppable sweep... 8K Unstoppable throw.. damn.. even a 2.5K-3K leap.. Full Expertise taking these kind of hits from someone who has 27K health in their F'n PvE modded BS.

There isn't a damn thing that can be done, can't push or stun, force speed is so worthless that there is no possibility to get 30m away from another leap.. *** good is bubble when they can just stand there and wait to choke, sweep, or throw?

What is Bioware thinking when it comes to the skill trees? Why is it possible to get both Unstoppable with 100% chance crit on Smash and still have room to take a 40% damage reduction from a 3rd tree all while not having to even give a crap about anything towards the tops of the tree? Why is this OK in PvP? How is it ok to take out 70%+ of someones health in near full Conqueror gear in 4 buttons (though leap and smash are basically one button from travel time and ability queue) without them being able to do much about it?

I seriously wish that Bioware would come out and explain the need for this to be possible without any sort of skill required, they get this by doing nearly nothing more then clicking the right pictures in a pop up window.

I'm just about done with this, there is no reason in PvE to have smash have a 100% crit chance, the only reason for it is to make up for having to run away for a split moment to leap. I don't care at this point, give them more damage, but on other abilities to make up for having to move away when they actually need to move away for PvE.

I agree with you, nerf Smash but gives a 4sec stun to warriors/knight. Do you know what balance is?

As a sorcs healer I have to be ganged up on for them to take me down, sometimes its up to 5 of them............and that makes me proud and I must be doing something right. Makes time for the rest of the team to exploit and they still have to wrestle me to the ground and im biting and kicking lol

................and yet I see operative healers Tua and Jaru just to name a couple of really good ones and if you take them down once or twice in an entire wz you can be extremely proud of yourself while they push 1.5mil healing....with guard on it can be very hard no matter what crits your pulling together.

Id suggest you dust yourself down get right back in there and hang in a wee group and don't get isolated, the strength is completely in numbers.

i don't mind the damage...

i mind the interrupt attached to the leap.

i mind the interrupt that can be chained after the leap.

the CC immunity attached to the leap as well as the dmg reduction.

i mind that mercs/mandos have no cast immunity.

On my sorc tho... out of the leap they are pretty much harmless since i can pop my cast immunity and CC / burn / kite like a champ. Depends on what class your playing but in all seriousness my only issue is having to juke a leap interrupt which usually puts you at a disadvantage to begin with if your playing a range other than a sniper. While i do love interrupts at the same time i don't think they should be attached to a mechanic that is already spammed as a gap closer. Not alot of skill involved in an ability that does so much.

I did feel like i am playing this game on god mode when i am on my jugg tho. Its so damn easy to shut down range classes. As long as its not a good/intelligent sniper your straight.

Oh and almost forgot.

the 4 second CC immunity i get on the jugg leap with the dmg reduction as well. Its so dumb but so good. lol As i mentioned above more mechanics attached to a single skill that should not have that much utility especially since its supposed to be a gab closing ability.

A single ability in this game should not have all of these built in:

interrupt

gap closer

dmg reduction cd

cc immunity cd

All in 1 single ability. (when specced properly) Which also happens to be a DPS tree. lol! just to add insult to injury :D Which can also be picked up in almost every hybrid spec if you wanted it bad enough.

Edited by Cybridwarform

do you play focus/rage spec? b/c you are in every single QQ thread claiming there is no problem.

smash, for all intents and purposes has a 30m range. leap -> 100% crit chance smash. you can have the ability queued before you even finish the leap animation. if a rage/focus player wants to smash you, unless you CC them they are going to do it (or if you are a sniper/gs).

in organized group pvp, its not the end-all be-all DPS spec like so many people say it is. but for you to make it seem as if everyone has some massive l2p issue because they get hit with smash is inaccurate.

lets think for a second on how people would react if Grav Round proc'd a 100% crit chance to Demo Round, and it was an AOE....

Don't pay attention to kettlebell, the guy has been saying ignorant stuff for months.

I've played my Gaurdian as Sweep spec for a while now and I can safely say that in 2.0, Sages and Sorcerers are the bane of my life. Constantly slowed by TKT and FL is a major pain for that spec. I die to them all the time. Once I use my leap they force speed away and start casting again, obviously being slowed by TKT and FL I need to close the gap in order to use my secondary leap, by that time I'm low health and it's so frustrating.

I agree with you, nerf Smash but gives a 4sec stun to warriors/knight. Do you know what balance is?

Why do you post this in every thread? It has nothing to do with anything. Vengeance/Vigilance don't have (or need) a 4 second stun. Neither does rage for that matter. Breaking up the burst of smash is probably a good idea, given its an AOE and cannot be shielded since it is auto-crit. None of any of this has to do with a non-channeled hard stun.

stuff

Unremitting only works in shien form. Vengeance, while a good spec IMHO, isn't what people are complaining about. It's decent single target DPS - it can be kited - its not bursty either but you're not going to put up 1.5 mil damage using vengeance.

If you see people using unremitting on a rage spec they're very stupid and you should just laugh at them.

I just thought I'd point out that the OP may have used 'unstoppable' in the sense that they don't know how to defend against these attacks rather than meaning the actual talent in Vengence spec. For instance, there is no unstoppable vicious throw as the OP stated.

EDIT: Reading comprehension fail on my part. LOL they actually DID mean the talent. :rolleyes: I think everyone already covered all that needs to be said about that.

Either way, I'm tired too. Just so tired of the 'pls nerf smash' threads. I mean, I don't even like smash spec. I see Shii-cho and I think "80 percent chance it's a nub leaning on spec to feel better about their own skill" but these same old nerf threads have gotten quite stale.

Edited by Ridickilis

Why do you post this in every thread? It has nothing to do with anything. Vengeance/Vigilance don't have (or need) a 4 second stun. Neither does rage for that matter. Breaking up the burst of smash is probably a good idea, given its an AOE and cannot be shielded since it is auto-crit. None of any of this has to do with a non-channeled hard stun.

Actually, they could really use the 4 sec stun.

It's funny how ppl say "l2 kite". Well, play a ranged and try to avoid 2 jumps, 2 interrupts, at least 3 ccs and so on while you are hit for 8k each. Pretty easy to distinguish smashers on the forums. Edited by Capote

Yes, I support my own opinion.

The balance was supposed to be::

A class with NO stun? High damage hits.

A class with stun? Less damage.

But no.

People complain about smash, playing my assassin I can kill the target with NO time to reaction because the class has 4+ crowd controls.

Against a smasher you're not stunned, you can move around, you can kitem you can use your cooldowns etc...

Against an assassin you can do nothing.

And why snipers has a 4sec stun? The class already have so many defensive and kite mechanics.

Really people complaining about smashers?

It's funny how ppl say "l2 kite". Well, play a ranged and try to avoid 2 jumps, 2 interrupts, at least 3 ccs and so on while you are hit for 8k each. Pretty easy to distinguish smashers on the forums.

3 ccs? Where? Leap/charge just root you for 1 sec and the interrupt you can re-cast your skill .

If you're a ranged you have 8sec mezz, 4sec stun and knockback, some type of slow or root.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.