2.0 PvP gear question: survivor or other type?

Kirtastropohe

Just hit 55 tonight, and now it's decision time again..do I continue in the kinetic tree and use the partizan surivivor or switch to another type since I have to start over in gear.

I enjoy being able to stand up to the inquisitors with the gear, but at the same time, I don't kill anyone really quickly. I don't think it's a learn to play issue, but one never knows.

Can I get some opinions from some level 55 shadows: Do you like kinetic or the other trees? If using kinetic, do you still find the survivor gear to be effective?

Any info is appreciated. thanks

I myself just hit 55 two days ago. Personally i use Infiltration. With good gear you can kill someone rather easily if you know what you are doing. I like it. In that case you would need Stalker gear. I don't know much about Kinetic, i never tried, sadly!

Edited by HozdyNevla

thank you for the response. It doesn't seem easy to get help these days...maybe everyone is confused.

I'm afraid to spend my comms.

Problem is, infiltration is totally squishy compared to kinetic, while not giving as big of a pay back in DPS.

My guild mate who plays kinetic is 3 times more resilient while still dealing 80% of the DPS, so where's the reward for the added risk?

Also, guilds seem to like infiltration less than tanky builds. A dead DPS team member is worse than a tankier member who stays alive.

I'm one of the probably confused people, but will give you my 2 cents anyway.

I personally use the stalker-gear because infiltration is extremely nice (and I like the playstyle/change) where-as kinetic combat runs alright with it. You'll deal more damage but are squishier, which is obvious. In Normal Warzones I do not find myself in need of tanky gear since I can usually get away with node-defending without. (Stealth and mezzing) and as soon as it's down to Huttball, I'm usually better off guardian a guardian or play the pass-game than actually be a ball-carrier (for a longer period of time)

If you only want to run Kinetic (I tend to swap to it either if I'm in a premade or simply want more utility, like force pull in huttball) and prefer being unkillable (like a node-defender and such) I guess tanking-gear would be the smarter choice.

forget about survivor gear.

survivor will give you about 7-8 k hp more than non-tank geared toons. also, it will increase shielding. however, with dps classes bursting autocrits, your shielding will be ineffective, and hp advantage wiped out in 1.5 seconds.

tradings dps for hp and shielding is not favorable.

The best gear for PVP is Stalker. Doesn't matter if you play Kinetic or Infiltration. PVP is about DPS and Healing. Kinetic with stalker gear will have more resilience than Infiltration but less damage. Infiltration with Stalker gear is the opposite. Kinetic with Survivor gear means hardly any DPS and you will still die. You will not be able to pressure a healer and the DPS classes can burn you down faster than you think.

I feel it depends on the amount of points you put in KC tree. At 36 points tank gear is going to get alot better. You will not be trying to dps but help your team in group fights. Slow Time will be used every 7 global cooldowns. To get a maxed telekinetic throw in that time before the next slow time you will use 3-4 global cooldowns and a 3 sec channel. This would mean you are not doing anything like taunting, force slows, force pushes, interrupts and stuns. That is not the way to be playing. You should be using tk throw at most twice every 3 casts of slow time and that is pushing it. Going max dps will neither help you nor help your group. If you are investing that many points in the tank tree, don't take stats that will cause you to die faster just to be unable to do all the things that a tank should do. Now if you are node guarding with a 27 point build infiltration becomes more attractive since you don't have slow time sucking up cooldowns and you will enjoy the burst of the 3 stacks of force potency. Also if you do go the infiltration gear route with KC make sure you are min/maxing with power and surge. And always have a shield

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.