Unsub until Appearance Designer accepts Credits

Revy

I am fine with them charging money. I have been subbed since the launch of the game.

However this update is just one big slap in the face, its rather insulting.

I should not have to spend Cartel Coins to change my hair.

Until this is fixed to where they will accept credits to change hair style for subscribers, I am not giving them $15 a month anymore. Does anyone else feel the same way?

/Signed

With the escrow unlock is there any actual reason to subscribe anymore once top level. the math is simple, the cc coins are cheaper for playing when the content is dropped against subs for the time we wait for content tobe developed and dropped and the only real restriction before was the credit cap. Edited by Shingara

With the escrow unlock is there any actual reason to subscribe anymore once top level. the math is simple, the cc coins are cheaper for playing when the content is dropped against subs for the time we wait for content tobe developed and dropped and the only real restriction before was the credit cap.

You do realize that the Escrow Transfer offered in the Cartel Market isn't a permanent unlock right? It's a one time transfer of a select amount of escrow funds. Once you spend those transferred funds you have to purchase another transfer to access additional escrow funds.

I can see myself using the Kiosk more often if I can buy it with credits as well. Perhaps you will be able to buy 1-time uses of hair-change or race-change on the GTN later on. Just like how I buy Cargobay unlocks from the GTN.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Until this is fixed to where they will accept credits to change hair style for subscribers, I am not giving them $15 a month anymore. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Not me. Made 1 change out of 13 characters....cost - 40 coins. So, wait a sec, you get at least 500 coins per month if you're a sub. The monthly coins are part of your sub. Changing a hairstyle is 40 coins. So how is changing 1 hairstyle not within what you pay for your sub?

You do realize that the Escrow Transfer offered in the Cartel Market isn't a permanent unlock right? It's a one time transfer of a select amount of escrow funds. Once you spend those transferred funds you have to purchase another transfer to access additional escrow funds.

I do realise this, but i fail to see your point.

I do realise this, but i fail to see your point.

My point is that I don't understand why someone would want to pay real money for Cartel Coins to access credits you've already earned, when for $15 a month you can get unlimited access to the credits you earn, plus higher xp gain, unlimited access to flashpoints, a minimum of 500 Cartel Coins, etc. Sounds like a waste of money to me but to each their own I guess.

Edited by nshotsman

My point is that I don't understand why someone would want to pay real money for Cartel Coins to access credits you've already earned, when for $15 a month you can get unlimited access to the credits you earn, plus higher xp gain, unlimited access to flashpoints, a minimum of 500 Cartel Coins, etc. Sounds like a waste of money to me but to each their own I guess.

Because i already have cartel coins stored, i can get my unlocks now from the gtn even though i dont need alot of them cos my gear auto unlocks them for me and i unlocked most of them when i dropped to prefered whilst makeb hit, i can get any extra money i need from escrow thanks to todays update. I dont need higher XP as i have 8 chars to 55 and i dont need to rush my others. I can by passes for flashpoints, im not bothetred about doing ops. My £9 will buy alot more coins then 500.

That said if there going down this route im seriously considering just not playing for a year and come back to a bulk of updates and scram through them in a month.

Edited by Shingara

Not me. Made 1 change out of 13 characters....cost - 40 coins. So, wait a sec, you get at least 500 coins per month if you're a sub. The monthly coins are part of your sub. Changing a hairstyle is 40 coins. So how is changing 1 hairstyle not within what you pay for your sub?

I really wish people would stop saying they are happy spending real money on even the slightest thing in this game... especially for material that was talked about months before the CM was even released. I'm not talking about customisation in particular here, but other things mentioned back at the guild summit roughly a year ago.

If they want to charge CC's for race change, name changes, etc. then fine. But mundane customisations such as hair, beard, eyes, etc. should be available for in game credits to subscribers, and simply charge CC for non-subscribers. Even the new hairstyles, tattoos, etc. should be a free unlock for subscribers. As for the Cathar race, I'll leave that debate open.

When people constantly say they are willing to pay real money for a new feature, EA quickly grab onto the idea they can gouge us for ever slight improvement to the game, and each time the subscription loses its value.

If you look back at why people started leaving this game, it was because of a lack of content and not feeling it was worth their $15/month subscription. Now they are charging real money for every little thing, the new content (even if that just includes new armour pieces) are coming through fast and steady, even though staffing levels have dropped. Where was this level of support for the game prior to gouging subscribers into paying extra real money to enjoy new features?

Edited by Mjollnir

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.