PVP Gearing Questions

mjsigster

Hey all,

I somewhat recently rerolled a marauder bc I have become bored with my most of my other toons and I am confused about how to quickly get him in the best gear possible. I have several other 50+ toons that I wanted to use resources/comms from to help gear up my mara.

I was planning on using my other 55s to use their comms to buy the high level PVE/PVP gear for mara and mail it to him for when he gets to 55 but they are pretty much all Bind on Pickup... I had heard there was a way to rip out the mods and send them to my mara that had to do with legacy gear but I am not sure, and I dont really know what legacy gear is.

If someone could explain if this is still a viable option or if legacy gear still exists or even what it is I would be very appreciative! Is there any way this can be done??

You want to put pull the mods out of the PvP gear your other toons buy and put them in legacy gear, then mail it.

Given bolster; I would say save your credits as this is quite pricey. Just earrn the comms working up your new character and learn a few things on the class along the way.

Edited by Technohic

Given bolster; I would say save your credits as this is quite pricey. Just earrn the comms working up your new character and learn a few things on the class along the way.

Yes, you are probably right about that unfortunately... but I also would like to use the same method for PVE gear as well, and im assuming it works the same way?

When you refer to legacy gear, do you mean the birthright/inheritance items that you get from completing some quests? I didnt think those were mod-able..

So it would go something like this?:

-buy high level PVE/PVP gear on my 55s

-pay a bunch of money to rip mods out

-put them in this legacy gear bought on DK

-mail to my mara

-pay a bunch more to rip them out again

-then finally put them in my desired gear?

Also can you use the same piece of legacy gear for each of these transfers or do I need to buy like a whole set?

You need a whole set since armorings are bound to a particular gear slot (head armoring can only go in headpieces) although the type of gear doesn't matter (light, medium, heavy). MH/OF are a whole other issue though, they don't sell them. I know main hands were available from the Gree and other events, not sure if any of the reputation grinds offer weapons. Might just wanna get them along with earpiece, implants, and relics on the actual character.

The legacy gear from the capital city is very expensive. You really should try to get your reputation up with any of the factions so you can buy legacy armor at 10-20K instead of 100K-200K a pop.

Assuming you don't mind the look of the legacy armor, you should augment the legacy armor and this will allow you to fight very competitively in WZ as the drawback of Partisan is due to most people's unwillingness to augment them, but if you got to pull out the mods and insert it into some other orange armor anyway (to mail it), you might as well just augment the legacy armor itself.

Ok so I am still a little confused.. Someone made me a set of the old marauder battlemaster armor that I want to use to put the mods in as my final armor bc I think it looks ******. One of my 55s is an operative. So lets say I buy the high lvl pve/pvp marauder gear with my ops comms and rip the mods out to put in legacy gear...

1. Does it matter what class' legacy gear I buy? Or do I have to buy Mara legacy gear?

I then mail the legacy gear with mods in it from my op to my Mara...

2. Now once my Mara gets the legacy gear with the mods in it, can I take them out again to put in my battlemaster gear or am I stuck with the legacy gear?

I'm willing to pay to rip out the mods from the legacy gear so they can be put in my battlemaster gear if that's possible...

3. Now, assuming I can rip them out again, can I use this legacy gear again if I wanted to, to gear up my low assassin in the future??

Thanks so much for your help!

Ok so I am still a little confused.. Someone made me a set of the old marauder battlemaster armor that I want to use to put the mods in as my final armor bc I think it looks ******. One of my 55s is an operative. So lets say I buy the high lvl pve/pvp marauder gear with my ops comms and rip the mods out to put in legacy gear...

1. Does it matter what class' legacy gear I buy? Or do I have to buy Mara legacy gear?

I then mail the legacy gear with mods in it from my op to my Mara...

2. Now once my Mara gets the legacy gear with the mods in it, can I take them out again to put in my battlemaster gear or am I stuck with the legacy gear?

I'm willing to pay to rip out the mods from the legacy gear so they can be put in my battlemaster gear if that's possible...

3. Now, assuming I can rip them out again, can I use this legacy gear again if I wanted to, to gear up my low assassin in the future??

Thanks so much for your help!

If you don't mind the cost of pulling the mods out again, of course you can pull the mods out of your legacy armor and put it into whatever you want to wear instead. Legacy armor can be reused as many times as you want. If you bought the generic adaptable armor type, anyone can use that armor too. The armor from capital city aren't adaptable, so for example if you bought the Marauder bound to legacy armor, then your lowbie Assassin can't wear it. However, he can still rip the mods out and put it into something he can wear. As far as I know all the other legacy armor are adaptable armor, so anybody can wear that.

It doesn't matter what gear tier it is like I said before. Light, medium, heavy or whatever, they will all take any mods. You can only equip the piece if you can accept that type, but can pull the pieces out and put in whatever armor you want (BM gear in your case). You can only purchase gear from the legacy vendors on DK for your class (so operatives would have to buy operative legacy gear), but if you are pulling the mods anyway, this doesn't matter.

Basically:

Get good gear from vendor

rip out mods

put into legacy piece

send to alt

rip out mods

put into good looking gear

???

profit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.