New Customization Options Not Available at Character Creation

Oddly, of all the complaints I've seen about 2.1, no one has mentioned that you have to buy the new customization options at the kiosk BEFORE they are made available to character creation.

This is a terrible business practice. Making someone pay to alter the character they already have when new customization options are implemented, I can see. Not putting those new customization options in the character creator for new characters is bad.

As it is, there are already next to no actually game improvements in the new patch. The few that you add all require CC to access. This patch should not have been advertised as a content patch. It should have been advertised as a CM update.

Edited by seekerofpower
Better Title

I think you can do the Cathar first, but yes: not putting the customisation unlock option at creation puts new players at a disadvantage. It works for us because we already have characters so we can log on and unlock for our new characters/appearance changes. But new players must create a character, level to Fleet, purchase and then go through the whole process.

(Do the unlocks not appear either then? I assumed they did once unlocked at the appearance vendor, similar to how the Cyborg attachments do once unlocked via Legacy, for example)

Edited by JarenWelen

I think if they put some sort of tip in the character creator that tells players they can buy new customization unlocks to use through the CM in-game, it would be fine.

I bought the new hairstyles through the CM interface and unlocked them right where I was (it is an item in your inventory that grants you the unlock when you use it), I didn't have to go to the kiosk. I was on my ship, actually. Then I logged off and started a brand new character on my other server with the new hair style I had wanted. I was worried that I'd have to wait to get the hair I wanted until my character was level 10 and made it to the fleet, but thankfully this was not the case. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.