Safe to Vendor Hollinium and Perfect Carbonic Crystals (devs please respond)?

LetoAtreidesII

In this patch (2.1), the credit values of Hollinium and Perfect Carbonic Crystals were increased, ostensibly because they were previously useless and to compensate for the credits we spent acquiring them.

So could a developer please confirm that these items will always be useless and never be used for crafting anything and that we should definitely vend them all? Thanks.

That really doesn't answer the OP's question on whether, or not they'll be viable crafting materials in the future.

Actually it does, they are being removed because they have no place.

You can check some of the entries in the DEV tracker forum to see what they said on this.

Actually it does, they are being removed because they have no place...right now.

You can check some of the entries in the DEV tracker forum to see what they said on this.

fixed.

For all we know, somewhere down the line the devs will re-introduce the material and make it very difficult to acquire. Considering how little space they are taking up in my inventory (three characters, two slots in each of their cargo bays), I think I will hang on to them until the current grade of materials become obsolete - AKA the next expansion.

Actually it does, they are being removed because they have no place.

Wrong. There are still nodes on Makeb for gathering. They were never supposed to be part of missions, the same way Perfect Upari crystals can only be gathered.

Edited by Telanis

Look up the word ostensibly. Yeah, I was talking about those patch notes you linked in my original post when I said, "ostensibly because they were previously useless and to compensate for the credits we spent acquiring them." That means that it APPEARS that the developers increased the credit value to make up for the fact that we were spending money and getting these presently useless items, and that they want us to vend them. But we can't be sure that'll always be the case. They haven't actually come out and said that these will always be useless items. They have implied that, but it may be an error to assume that this is the case.

fixed.

For all we know, somewhere down the line the devs will re-introduce the material and make it very difficult to acquire. Considering how little space they are taking up in my inventory (three characters, two slots in each of their cargo bays), I think I will hang on to them until the current grade of materials become obsolete - AKA the next expansion.

Exactly. I'm afraid that in the future they may be re-introduced as some valuable rare mat, and I'll wish I'd held onto all that I have now. I mean, the code already exists for them as inventory items and grade 9 crafting materials, complete with icons. It would save them a little time and money to re-use these existing assets.

Unlike psandak, I have A LOT of these, and they're taking up like 20-30 spaces in my inventory or something, so I'd really like to know if they're always going to be useless (the credits would be nice as well).

Edited by LetoAtreidesII

i always save such materials. i have learned early on in playing these mmos that was once stupid easy to get later turns out to be needed and then rare to find.

yup. remember stabs ? first they seemed rather useless then they became awesome.

right now, the grade 10 blue stuff has very little value given how rare it's the purple mat necessary to craft 69s. But that can easily turn in any patch they release. With the guild we're already stocking those blue things.

When did that happen ? I mean in this game.

The Viral residue that was selling for about 90c each on Monday is in the GTN at 1000 today.

Corusa crystals were above 25k yesterday.

I agree with everyone who is telling the OP that is obviously safe to vendor. But like the OP, I don't believe that enough to actually do it.

I am also holding a few stacks of the Perfect Carbonic Crystal and I am leery of vendor trashing them, since a use for them might be put into the game. If there is not going to be any use for them at all, wouldn't they remove them from the nodes on Makeb as well? Super duper awesome community team, can you get this clarified please? :rak_tongue:

The Viral residue that was selling for about 90c each on Monday is in the GTN at 1000 today.

Corusa crystals were above 25k yesterday.

I agree with everyone who is telling the OP that is obviously safe to vendor. But like the OP, I don't believe that enough to actually do it.

We already knew that they were going to be used for at least few weeks (no surprise there).

• Dev Post
In this patch (2.1), the credit values of Hollinium and Perfect Carbonic Crystals were increased, ostensibly because they were previously useless and to compensate for the credits we spent acquiring them.

So could a developer please confirm that these items will always be useless and never be used for crafting anything and that we should definitely vend them all? Thanks.

Hi LetoAtreidesII,

As was pointed out in this thread, the reason these materials were increased in vendor value was because we removed them as rewards. I've confirmed with the developers that we do not intend for them to ever be used again. Sell away!

Edited by AmberGreen

Hi LetoAtreidesII,

As was pointed out in this thread, the reason these materials were increased in vendor value was because we removed them as rewards. I've confirmed with the developers that we do not intend for them to ever be used again. Sell away!

Hooray! Thank you!

Hi LetoAtreidesII,

Thank you, I am now 1,000,000 credits richer and 23 inventory spaces lighter!

Edited by Kickimanjaro

I too vendored about 1 million credits worth of these two materials. I'm a little displeased by this decision on the part of the devs, I have to say. It just seems a little inconsiderate on their part, to establish a new scenario and then go back on it after release of the product. It would have been better to have the option to convert all these mats into the currently-in-use mats or credits. My point is, many of us have been saving this stuff up, along with the green quality mats, for a month, striving to gather more of the usable stuff, only to have it yanked out from under us. Doesn't seem very professional. Better option still would have been to introduce better new patterns which did use these now defunct mats, patterns for actually desirable products.

Hi LetoAtreidesII,

Hi Amber

Please let the team know they did a good thing by fixing the drop rates and by letting us sell those two mats for some good credits. Much appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
Hi LetoAtreidesII,

Sorry to resurrect a really old post....

I have issues vendoring this item. Even though it now shows as an "Obsolete Crafting Material", the vendor cost for a stack of 99 equates to 42570 credits. Yet the GTN lists the actual price of this item at 191565 credits.

Anyway of adjusting the vendor price to match what this is actually worth devs?

I know, i'm a hoarder :D (I'm also tight, I paid good credits for the missions to get this stuff!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.