Need an entire set before you can access collection?

This seems really poor design, given the value and rarity difference between the items contained within some sets. It is especially annoying with the Revan's set, was this a design choice, laziness or a mistake?

It's not just needing a whole set, it's needing a whole set ON ONE CHARACTER. So if you have the mask, chest and belt on one character, and the gloves and lower robe on a second, you still can't unlock the collection. Poor design in my opinion.

Wait, you mean I need the FULL SET to unlock any piece of armor? That is a huge disappointment, because I like to, you know, customize my look by mixing and matching. Crazy, I know, especially for sets that you can't buy complete directly from the CM. :rolleyes: I have a ton of CM armor pieces from the packs, but most of my favorite pieces I do not have the complete set of (for example, I like the Handmaiden set, but didn't want the skirt, which is not cheap). And the few sets I do have complete are mostly spread out over different characters. I had talked myself into spending cartel coins to unlock my select favorite items, but looks like that is a total bust.

Ugh. I just hope I can at least unlock my color crystals and speeder . . . . :(

Speeders and crystals yes. The problem I've encountered with crystals is that if they're bound in a saber, you have to remove it before it shows up as "collected." It's annoying to keep spending 8k or so per crystal just to instantly put it back in. Edited by facesofderek

We should really rally for a change on this... since, not only is it frustrating and annoying, but it also makes the specific example used in the discussions about the "Collection Interface" completely false. Revan's Mask was used as an example for the "upcoming collections interface release".

" For example, if you get Revan’s Mask for one of your characters and later destroy it, you’ll be able to re-claim the item from Collections at no extra cost. Heck, you can even claim free additional copies for all of your companions! The fee will only come into effect if you wish to gain account-wide access to the item, and this will be a one-time, account-wide fee. Continuing the above example, once you’ve paid the unlock fee for Revan’s Mask, all of the characters on your account—even those on different servers—will be able to claim unlimited copies of Revan’s Mask for free."

Never said "Once you get Revan's Mask AND the entire rest of the outfit all on one character".

:mad:

We should really rally for a change on this... since, not only is it frustrating and annoying, but it also makes the specific example used in the discussions about the "Collection Interface" completely false. Revan's Mask was used as an example for the "upcoming collections interface release".

" For example, if you get Revan’s Mask for one of your characters and later destroy it, you’ll be able to re-claim the item from Collections at no extra cost. Heck, you can even claim free additional copies for all of your companions! The fee will only come into effect if you wish to gain account-wide access to the item, and this will be a one-time, account-wide fee. Continuing the above example, once you’ve paid the unlock fee for Revan’s Mask, all of the characters on your account—even those on different servers—will be able to claim unlimited copies of Revan’s Mask for free."

Never said "Once you get Revan's Mask AND the entire rest of the outfit all on one character".

:mad:

No big surprise, this company has a galactic reputiation, pun intended, for saying one thing and doing another

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.