★ All Ranked Teams: Transfer Same Server ★

DkSharktooth

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go to a PvP server for normals, the quality won't be that much different. Go to a PvP server if you want actual rateds to pop. On Begeren Colony (PvE - RP, I know) we are down to 3 competitive teams, and it's a nightmare to even schedule ranked nights for us to queue against each other. We will most likely be transferring an entire ranked imperial team to The Bastion.

Hey man, just curious why you hate The Shadowlands so much, even to the point where you deleted all your characters. I, like many pvpers from Shadowlands, are considering moving to a PvP server to be among more people who have similar interests ingame, but I've played extensive amounts of PvP on both Shadowlands and POT5 and never really noticed much of a difference in terms of average intelligence level in normals, which is the only thing you seem to play.

Sup Ravinder, long time no see.

Your guild has potential. Everything else on The Shadowlands is a complete wash though, do you disagree?

And I'm pretty sure when I ran 'kickball' games with you guys I was borderline top DPS and PROTECTION each game on my Jugg. So if you want to vouch for me against some of these bums then cool, if not, that is cool too. Bcuz stats mean nothing to me but apparently everything to everyone else.

And just to elaborate on things, if Doser comes back to the game we will have a rated team. Otherwise, no.

Edited by Polymerize

Hey man, just curious why you hate The Shadowlands so much, even to the point where you deleted all your characters. I, like many pvpers from Shadowlands, are considering moving to a PvP server to be among more people who have similar interests ingame, but I've played extensive amounts of PvP on both Shadowlands and POT5 and never really noticed much of a difference in terms of average intelligence level in normals, which is the only thing you seem to play.

And there is a distinct difference between normals on POT5 versus Shadowlands. If you do not see this then I do not know what to say.

Also, I didn't delete my toons. I left them there in hopes of character transfer. I have re-rolled everything already though.

If you have a toon on POT5 and would like to run some games I'd be more than game. No hard feelings for hating on your server; it just sucks for PvP and thats how it is.

On Pot5...

I'd say there's about 4-6 teams (not including random pugs) that queue from 8pm-1am Eastern (on average) throughout weekdays.

Weekends, it fluctuates a bit more, last weekend, had a lot more rated games than normal.

Nonetheless, the rated scene is very strong right now, a lot of good teams queuing regularly and others are forming right now as well.

No pvper is gonna transfer to a pve server.

Those in pve servers that want good rated competition should come here.

Those tired of fighting the same teams on Bastion should come to pot5 as well.

End of story.

None of the very competitive teams are leaving the bastion, thats why people should just transfer here. and if your guild dominates your server, why not transfer here and face the top teams in the game to challenge your guild?

Sup Ravinder, long time no see.

Your guild has potential. Everything else on The Shadowlands is a complete wash though, do you disagree?

And I'm pretty sure when I ran 'kickball' games with you guys I was borderline top DPS and PROTECTION each game on my Jugg. So if you want to vouch for me against some of these bums then cool, if not, that is cool too. Bcuz stats mean nothing to me but apparently everything to everyone else.

And just to elaborate on things, if Doser comes back to the game we will have a rated team. Otherwise, no.

Hey Dragonyte. I do remember doing some kickball rated games with you in the past, but this was quite a while ago, and while I don't doubt you were among the top in terms of damage and protection, that is often the reality for kickball ranked, especially on PvE servers. We'll take what we can get to start games and often it will require the carrying of poor players.

I don't want this discussion taking over this thread (which is extremely important regarding the future of ranked pvp in this game) but the main difference I saw between POT5 and Shadowlands PvP is that while the average POT5 player is generally going to be better at their class, teamwork and coordination seemed to be lacking, perhaps even moreso than the Shadowlands.

Now granted, I was merged to POT5 from the Fatman, and I played on Republic side almost exclusively, which seems to have the dubious reputation of being the worst PvP faction of any server on this game, and I also haven't leveled to 55 on POT5 yet so its possible that things have changed, but in general I found that pugs tended to do the same dumb things on each server and make the same silly mistakes. Sap capping is an extremely effective strategy on both servers despite it being completely preventable if the defender knows what they are doing.

I do plan on transferring at least some of my 55's to POT5 however, if only to get in on some of those cool world pvp events you've been having, so I look forward to taking you up on your offer to play a few games when i get there. Hopefully some other guilds from East Coast servers will consider moving over to POT5 as I could see a very active ranked scene coming to fruition. That being said, I really wish they would just implement cross server like they said they would over a year ago so we wouldn't have to drop cash to be able to play a mode in the game to its full potential.

None of the very competitive teams are leaving the bastion, thats why people should just transfer here. and if your guild dominates your server, why not transfer here and face the top teams in the game to challenge your guild?

Lol look at you putting words in my mouth.

Why would I switch to a server with two teams....

When we have about triple the amount of higher quality teams..

I've seen the streams, seems like there's only 2 teams that give interesting games to each other on the bastion.

Im pretty sure I can speak for everyone on the Pot5 ranked scene, NO ONE has any interest in going to the bastion.

Now, I'll ask you guys, why don't you come to a more populated server that doesn't do carebear kickball rateds every night?

I've seen the streams, seems like there's only 2 teams that give interesting games to each other on the bastion.

Im pretty sure I can speak for everyone on the Pot5 ranked scene, NO ONE has any interest in going to the bastion.

Now, I'll ask you guys, why don't you come to a more populated server that doesn't do carebear kickball rateds every night?

i was talking in general... none of that was specifically for you or your guild. i think its pretty clear Bastion and Pot5 guilds guilds are gonna stay on thier server. And if we kickball between good teams its becuase alot of guilds quit after 2-3 losses. And our kickball games could probably beat most of pot5 teams except for the very top end ones. which there are few

Edited by iPvP

i was talking in general... none of that was specifically for you or your guild. i think its pretty clear Bastion and Pot5 guilds guilds are gonna stay on thier server. And if we kickball between good teams its becuase alot of guilds quit after 2-3 losses. And our kickball games could probably beat most of pot5 teams except for the very top end ones. which there are few

No need to stretch...Lol

Edited by Pistols

honestly its w/e. X server Qs would make this simple and not require any of this server selection rage for pvp teams. they should just involve xserver with the pvp patch or whatever they call it. i just want to play more teams. cant stand playing the same people and thier alts

honestly its w/e. X server Qs would make this simple and not require any of this server selection rage for pvp teams. they should just involve xserver with the pvp patch or whatever they call it. i just want to play more teams. cant stand playing the same people and thier alts

I think every1 agrees with this, so let's end it on that, lol.

East go to East, West go to West, see ya on the PTS.

Peace. :rak_03:

Lol from what i saw it was all Casual beating every team day in and out. Now that their gone, the other teams think they are good because they dont get creamed anymore. Sure, the bobcats playing the hornets is competitive but they both still suck

Lol from what i saw it was all Casual beating every team day in and out. Now that their gone, the other teams think they are good because they dont get creamed anymore. Sure, the bobcats playing the hornets is competitive but they both still suck

And you're the orlando magic to your server...

cool...

now that we got that out of the way....

We have more high quality teams as of RIGHT NOW.

Which is what people want to know.

And you're the orlando magic to your server...

cool...

now that we got that out of the way....

We have more high quality teams as of RIGHT NOW.

Which is what people want to know.

arnt you the team that was doing augment glitching because you cant buy a win?

Edited by irojoz

arnt you the team that was doing augment glitching because you cant buy a win?

Nope, just the first week of 2.0 cause we all had 23k health, not cause we can't win.

However, maybe if you did it, you might've been able to beat a kickball team.

Nope, just the first week of 2.0 cause we all had 23k health, not cause we can't win.

However, maybe if you did it, you might've been able to beat a kickball team.

bads cheating and still can't buy a win. GG

Yeah... it sounded like a good idea but people won't pay nor do they want to leave. I loved the idea until I sobered up and realized it would never happen.

But the east coasters will get their euros and the west coast will get the asians and the aussies and we should all see an increase in players. And thankfully a fair bit of players from those areas have skill.

So there's really no need to argue... in the end we all know Bastion rules and will poop on every other server. :D

I think we have gotten off topic from what this thread was about.

Some will want to stay, some will want to go. As for rateds, Aside from cross server queues the only way to get a healthy amount of competition and a large enough population of rated teams to where the "match making" system could actually work is if everyone could consolidate on one server.

My only real argument for Bastion coming to Pot5 is that the population is smaller there. If a few of the top tier guilds made the leap over then it would sorta strong arm the remaining guilds that wanted competitive rateds to follow suit if they wanted to continue to do meaningful rateds.

What its going to really come down to is latency and cost of transfer.

Trying to get POT5 to go to Bastion or vice versa is a waste of breath. Personally, I would not move to Bastion as my main server because I'm east coast. This means that:

- My ping would be crap on Bastion. I could get over this if it weren't for...

- I won't be able to run ranked on Bastion during Bastion's primetime anyway.

As others have said: east coast primetime PvP guilds should go to POT5, west coast primetime PvP guilds should to go Bastion.