Kira vs Lord Scourge

jzheng

Hi, Level 45 Jedi Sentinel here.

I recently received Scourge as a companion, and probably the best thing to do (in most people's cases) since I'm a DPS, is to equip Scourge, as he is a tank. However, I have had used Kira over all of my companions since I got her, should I stop using her? We usually kill things before we die (although we die occasionally when I don't look carefully about my aggro). Additionally, she has some orange gear quipped on her (spent quite a lot)...over Scourge's green items. So....is Scourge substantially better in which I should switch Kira out? Or should I leave Kira as my faithful companion?

BTW...I have a romance with Kira :p

Thanks! :)

Do what makes you happy. If Kira works, then why not. I used Doc almost exclusively, and when I got Scourge I used him all the time. I interchange them frequently because I love using them both. Sometimes there are situations when having a tank or healer is preferable over more dps, but usually with 2 dps you can mow through most things.

Do what makes you happy. If Kira works, then why not. I used Doc almost exclusively, and when I got Scourge I used him all the time. I interchange them frequently because I love using them both. Sometimes there are situations when having a tank or healer is preferable over more dps, but usually with 2 dps you can mow through most things.

Thanks for the imput, should I gear Scourge too? He seems like a baddie, I might try him out. :csw_redsaber:

Having finished the storyline for the JK twice, I must admit I'm a big fan when it comes to Lord Scourge's... insight, during some of the missions pertaining the class storyline. Plus, his voice acting is godly. Could hear that voice all day and not get tired of it. :)

Entirely up to your tastes. You may want to try using him and see whether tank companion is more convenient for you. If not, go on with Kira.

Before 2.0 I would recommend trying Scourge since he would be easier to gear up in endgame due to gear token being tied tied to your class and him being the only comp who could benefit from spares, but in 2.0 it does not matter anymore, so go with comp that feels more convenient.

P.S. I would vote Scourge, though, I really like him and think he's awesome. But I'm biased.

Edited by PaniMauser

I ran my sentinel with Kira for the whole game and began running into issues around Voss (mostly those elite vorantiki that are pretty much glass cannons as well). If you were to swap her for gameplay reasons, it would probably be best to use doc so that he can keep you going as you plow through mob after mob. Scourge will keep all the aggro, but he'll just go down quickly if he's in his default gear so it's hardly an improvement over your current situation :D

One thing I found that helped is to order Kira to attack first, so that she picks up the initial aggro. As you outdamage her, you steal aggro from her partway through the fight, spreading the damage between the two of you, which means less chance of wiping, and less time spent resting between fights.

There are also food items sold in every cantina that improve out of combat health regen too but it's not clear to me how effective they really are.

If Kira is already at 10K affection, you should probably switch her out to someone else so you don't waste thousands of affection points from conversations. You really can't go wrong. As far as I know, all of your companions are balanced for your class.

I always say, use the companion you like best.

BUT if you are looking for max efficiency, never use the tank companion. For advanced players, DPS/DPS is the way to go. For newer players DPS/Healer is the way to go.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.