Idea For The Collections Feature - Discontinued Gear

Kualan

Hi folks!

Going by the 2.1 patch notes, it seems that old discontinued armours like the Centurion/Champion sets and the Tionese/Columi/Rakata sets won't be included in the Collections feature's ability for those of us who have an old amour piece to create new copies of these owned items across our accounts.

I wonder if the developers might reconsider this?

Many of us have been playing the game since launch, and I know a lot of players hoard old discontinued armour sets like those above as a sort of 'badge of honour'. But when we level new alts on our account, we're stuck in the same boat of no longer being able to get these old armour sets for our new characters.

If the Collections feature could have these discontinued sets added to it, then old players with new alts could still utilise the sets they've collected over the months. And it would add a new dimension for the idea of the 'Collections' themselves - collections for long-time players to display their longevity.

They should really just bring some of the tionese gear back as adaptive if you ask me. still it would be nice to be able to use the tionese marauder chest again

Aye, maybe we'll get a reponse that can shed some light on where they might take this.

They should really just bring some of the tionese gear back as adaptive if you ask me. still it would be nice to be able to use the tionese marauder chest again

Yeah, it is way too cool looking to go to waste.

I support this -- not so much for the armor. But rather all those cool named "Columni" level weaponry (at least I'm pretty sure they were Columni). In the way of mainhand and offhand sabers,I have Mercy and Hatred. (A couple of them, actually, since I was pulling stuff out of them). And Punisher and Redeemer. And the shotgun for my Doc, since he was the first Comp to get geared up. But it would be nice to be able to get some new ones. Something cool for HK. And the other Companions that I wasn't able to gear out.

Come to think of it, I like something akin to Disney's "Vault" rather than utterly phasing something out. You can tweak it, make it a different version or color or something.

I mean, it's Star Wars AND Disney now. First give us the originals. Then take them away. Then change them up. Then rerelease them and tell us these versions are better. Then phase them out. Then tell us you lost the master mold, and your new reworked versions are the only thing you're going to give out. Then tell us that those are really the versions you had in mind anyway, but you were waiting for the technology to catch up. Then get an entirely new owner.

Who then likes releasing originals after they've been phased out a while.

I mean it makes perfect sense, right?

Edited by Genghistwelve
to make it better

How about they listen to the like 30 or 04 page request thread to bring them back as craftable items for armormech and synthweaving? Since those professions really get no love at all. Or hell I'd even support an adaptive version so I could deck out my pub toons in champion marauder gear...

I like this idea a lot, the appearance of some of the older armour was nice. Maybe make this in the Suggestion forum so it doesn't get lost in General Discussion? Would be a shame for them to miss it.

But yeah, like it. :)

J

Sad to say, but I expect the Tionese, et. al. armors to be sold as adaptive gear. Either directly or in packs. Basically free money for EA.

Though far from ideal, even this would be better than not having access to them at all anymore.

Wonder if we could get a Community Team member to pass a question onto the developers as to whether or not we might see these armours - or at least their shells - make a reappearance in the future? In any form.

Wonder if we could get a Community Team member to pass a question onto the developers as to whether or not we might see these armours - or at least their shells - make a reappearance in the future? In any form.

i really regret not picking up some of the sith warrior level 50 pvp gear... that gear looks way better than the current gear -_-

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.