PTs are worthless DPS in operations

Individual

Our DPS isn't the greatest anymore, and we lack any form of being useful for operations. Most other classes get armor debuffs or dmg boosters for the group except us. We plain and simply are not a viable option for DPS anymore. I don't understand why Bioware has continuously crapped on the BH class this whole time. It's pretty upsetting. The BH was the class I wanted to play the most in this MMO. They continue to buff the warrior classes nonstop while nerfing all the tech classes for the most part. It's pretty disturbing. All we got for this last patch was a nerf and herp derp survivability changes. These survivability changes help me out in no shape or form in PVE. If I'm having to depend on these heavily in operations, then I should be looking at my healer more than my skills. Here's to be deleting my PT and my Merc as I can always expect nerfs to these two classes and never any DPS changes. I hate Bioware for how they have handled the BH's. It's been a HUGE disappointment non stop.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our DPS isn't the greatest anymore, and we lack any form of being useful for operations. Most other classes get armor debuffs or dmg boosters for the group except us. We plain and simply are not a viable option for DPS anymore. I don't understand why Bioware has continuously crapped on the BH class this whole time. It's pretty upsetting. The BH was the class I wanted to play the most in this MMO. They continue to buff the warrior classes nonstop while nerfing all the tech classes for the most part. It's pretty disturbing. All we got for this last patch was a nerf and herp derp survivability changes. These survivability changes help me out in no shape or form in PVE. If I'm having to depend on these heavily in operations, then I should be looking at my healer more than my skills. Here's to be deleting my PT and my Merc as I can always expect nerfs to these two classes and never any DPS changes. I hate Bioware for how they have handled the BH's. It's been a HUGE disappointment non stop.

if you think that powertechs are not more then solid damage in OPS then you are doing it wrong. Right now the thing that is out that that clearly beats everything are the marauders and snipers exploiting the PvP relic bug... other then the exploiters powertech DPS is more then cappable of being at or the near the top.

Just because you suck far to much to be useful to your raid doesn't mean its the class it simply mean you are bad.

if you think that powertechs are not more then solid damage in OPS then you are doing it wrong. Right now the thing that is out that that clearly beats everything are the marauders and snipers exploiting the PvP relic bug... other then the exploiters powertech DPS is more then cappable of being at or the near the top.

Just because you suck far to much to be useful to your raid doesn't mean its the class it simply mean you are bad.

Ok, it's pretty much impossible to suck at dps as a pyro...it's 5 buttons, with 2 attacks that proc a free rail. So quit throwing that out there. Also. What utility does a powertech bring to a raid? A pull? That's useful in EC. That's about it. People will argue that it's useful on TITAN6, for pulling adds. Pulling one stupid add is not helping your raid at all.

No armor debut to help others kill quicker, we LOST 15% of our armor pen on rail. We LOST 50% damage, yes 50% from our cylinder (25% of our total deeps) so effectively we are performing almost 20-30% less than we did on the pts. Add that with our crappy defensives with painful cooldowns that make our healer work harder and pay less attention to the tank.

All they had to do was tie the instant rail shot crit to HEGC, then there would be no insane dps. But instead BW got nerf happy, as they always do with BH's and decided to take away our burst, and our spirit. The number of PTs has diminished greatly. Why? Because they don't do anything now, it's fluff dot damage, and rail shot (which btw hits for less than it used to). Also to counter burst in pvp, they decided to change TD to basically another fluff dot, after it hits for like 1200-2000 up front. (Not a recent calculation, might be more with the better gear I have now)

I love the Powertech, it's my favorite AC, but I raid on my sniper now because he's more useful and does insane dps.

For now, powertechs are the whipping boy. They fixed Operatives and Sorcs so I guess they had to nerf another class to hell to make up for it. Don't understand it BW. How can you let the warrior go un-nerfed. The class that has NEEDED a nerf for the longest time, and has been almost demanded by the community on a daily basis. Instead they buffed them while stating that they nerfed them, and give them best defensive CD ever. Working as intended right BW?

Ok, it's pretty much impossible to suck at dps as a pyro...it's 5 buttons, with 2 attacks that proc a free rail. So quit throwing that out there. Also. What utility does a powertech bring to a raid? A pull? That's useful in EC. That's about it. People will argue that it's useful on TITAN6, for pulling adds. Pulling one stupid add is not helping your raid at all.

No armor debut to help others kill quicker, we LOST 15% of our armor pen on rail. We LOST 50% damage, yes 50% from our cylinder (25% of our total deeps) so effectively we are performing almost 20-30% less than we did on the pts. Add that with our crappy defensives with painful cooldowns that make our healer work harder and pay less attention to the tank.

All they had to do was tie the instant rail shot crit to HEGC, then there would be no insane dps. But instead BW got nerf happy, as they always do with BH's and decided to take away our burst, and our spirit. The number of PTs has diminished greatly. Why? Because they don't do anything now, it's fluff dot damage, and rail shot (which btw hits for less than it used to). Also to counter burst in pvp, they decided to change TD to basically another fluff dot, after it hits for like 1200-2000 up front. (Not a recent calculation, might be more with the better gear I have now)

I love the Powertech, it's my favorite AC, but I raid on my sniper now because he's more useful and does insane dps.

For now, powertechs are the whipping boy. They fixed Operatives and Sorcs so I guess they had to nerf another class to hell to make up for it. Don't understand it BW. How can you let the warrior go un-nerfed. The class that has NEEDED a nerf for the longest time, and has been almost demanded by the community on a daily basis. Instead they buffed them while stating that they nerfed them, and give them best defensive CD ever. Working as intended right BW?

it does not matter how simple something is there are more then a few people who can screw it up... for over a year WoW had mages being a 2 button class with 90% of their damage coming from 1 of those buttons and people still were bad at it.

PTs are fine IF you play them right... if others are doing enough damage to clear HMs and top their OPs damage with powertechs that means the problem lies with the player not the class.

Now i know the concept of trying something else is far too advanced for you to think of, but try playing something else if you think PTs are too weak... i know with 100% certainty that PTs are fine, however if you think they are week i also 100% assure you no matter what you play you will think its not viable because as a player you are not viable it has nothing to do with the class.

If you spent half the time learning how to play the class as you do whining that the class is broken you might actually figure out how bad you really are at it.

100% of all QQers on forums are bad at the game they are complaining about, that is a FACT that is universal in ALL MMOs.

Edited by Hizoka

it does not matter how simple something is there are more then a few people who can screw it up... for over a year WoW had mages being a 2 button class with 90% of their damage coming from 1 of those buttons and people still were bad at it.

PTs are fine IF you play them right... if others are doing enough damage to clear HMs and top their OPs damage with powertechs that means the problem lies with the player not the class.

Now i know the concept of trying something else is far too advanced for you to think of, but try playing something else if you think PTs are too weak... i know with 100% certainty that PTs are fine, however if you think they are week i also 100% assure you no matter what you play you will think its not viable because as a player you are not viable it has nothing to do with the class.

If you spent half the time learning how to play the class as you do whining that the class is broken you might actually figure out how bad you really are at it.

100% of all QQers on forums are bad at the game they are complaining about, that is a FACT that is universal in ALL MMOs.

How do you define fine? 15-20% off highest parser who is a marauder or a sniper? Of course you can be fine when all you need for HM Ops is 1800 dps, when you can parse around 2K-2.2K. But when the highest parers are dropping close to 3K...

Btw you keep coming to the PT forums and telling people they are bad. You never say anything except "PT's are fine," then start insulting people, without explaining crap or responding to valid points poster are putting. Stop spamming the forums with bull $hit. No one is interested in hearing your crap.

Very nice ad Hominem argument, just attack me all you want if it makes you feel better, tell me I suck, w/e. I consistently top my raid parse on my sniper, and I used to top my raid parse on my powertech before they nerfed it.

Ok so let me just go over again what they changed with you again because i think youre missing something, keeping in mind that nothing has changed in the powertech play style however much you may think. First of all any GOOD pve pyro (trust me I know plenty, and they all play maras or snipers now =) as do I, but you must have missed that in my first post) will tell you to bypass TD, so the change to that doesn't affect us. The second thing was the reduction in Punture's armor penetration, its sitting at 45% with all three points into it, that's down from 1.7 where it was 60%, the 3% gain in accuracy is nice, but not really something that makes us a lot better.. But I have a feeling YOU think it does, so I made sure to mention it. Third, they took our combustible gas cylinder and cut the damage (about a quarter of our total dps) in half. Now nothing has changed in the WAY we play our powertechs, they added shoulder cannon, which does meh damage in pyro spec, everything still does the same thing that it used to. And once asin its hard to suck in a spec that has two attacks, one that automatically applies our cylinder dot, that proc a free rail shot. So far I don't think anything has changed. Rail shot does less damage because of puncture having less armor pen, again, not affected at all by the quality of player, the chances for procs remain the same. Our cooldowns remain the same. EVERYTHING IS THE SAME EXCEPT FOR THE THREE CHANGES I MENTIONED. Three things which are completely unaffected by the quality of player.

Also. This isn't WoW, idk if anyone told you that yet, and not all MMO's are the same. Idk where the hell you got that notion from. Go play Everquest 2, guild wars 2, never winter nights, hell even Defiance, and tell me that they're all like WoW, because WoW is the mother of MMO's right? WRONG. WoW was a copy of Everquest 2.

I guess in short what I'm saying is that despite your constant attacking me for being a bad player (which you have no idea if I am or not) powertechs are not where they are supposed to be, and the nerfs don't make it harder to be better, they make it downright not possible. Again NOTHING about how the powertech is played in pyro dps spec in a raid setting has changed, there were flat out nerfs to the class. That's what I, and everyone else who knows that there is a significant loss in dps are saying.

And feel free to keep saying I suck, I really don't care lol.

How do you define fine? 15-20% off highest parser who is a marauder or a sniper? Of course you can be fine when all you need for HM Ops is 1800 dps, when you can parse around 2K-2.2K. But when the highest parers are dropping close to 3K...

Btw you keep coming to the PT forums and telling people they are bad. You never say anything except "PT's are fine," then start insulting people, without explaining crap or responding to valid points poster are putting. Stop spamming the forums with bull $hit. No one is interested in hearing your crap.

there you go proving you have NO IDEA what is going on. the Maras and snipers doing the near 3k are using an exploit. It is 100% not intended take away the ability to proc 1200 extra power and they drop down to where everyone else is.

A good PT is parsing 2500-2600 right now at least that is what i am hitting, a non exploiting sniper or mara is barely higher then that. If you are judging DPS by relating one class that using an exploit and another that is not then you just show you are a moron. Maras and snipers have some raid utility because that is what they are built to do, however on that same note powertechs have the option to tank which neither of those classes can do. Not to mention if you cannot keep up with a non exploting mara or sniper then you are simply doing it wrong. There is nothing else to it. You can "claim" you are not but when your the the one failing to do it while other are doing it just fine that is not a class issue that is a player issue.

I know all you want to hear is more baseless QQ about how powertech are bad but the REALITY is they are not. Exploits are exploits and if you try to compare someone exploiting to someone that is not it simply shows your inability to think logically. The exploit will get fixed until the suck it up. Sorry but in my raid i am number 1 or number 2 DPS EVERY time and that is because the people in my guild do not cheat because its simply not needed. Sorry that not everyone fells the class is to blame for their own short coming but that is how it is. Go onto Tor parse and actually LOOK at why a class is doing a broken amount of damage, at least thats what an intelligent person would do, however you simply rushed to the forums and started crying while being clueless.

Ignore the parses with people cheating and you will see that powertech especially advanced prototype are damn near equal to maras and snipers and on fights with adds they actually beat them.

Where are you getting off saying everyone is exploiting by using the different relics? So you have proof of these exploits? Do you somehow know what exact gear everyone who uploads a parse is in? I wouldn't really call it an exploit, but man you sure do seem upset about it, so why not just do it yourself? Lol you're calling practically everyone in the game a cheater because they're beating you.

Where are you getting off saying everyone is exploiting by using the different relics? So you have proof of these exploits? Do you somehow know what exact gear everyone who uploads a parse is in? I wouldn't really call it an exploit, but man you sure do seem upset about it, so why not just do it yourself? Lol you're calling practically everyone in the game a cheater because they're beating you.

He does not know what he is talking about. With duel UW power proc relics you can proc close to 600 power for 4.5 secs every 20 secs. You have two relics you get two procs. They are not "exploits."

Once I saw that AP is putting same damage as snipers and murderers, I laughed. You can argue with ignorant, because they do not know any better.

Then again, I do not care about PvE much. PvP the class is dead. And for the AP supporters, you want to play a melee class with some 10m ranged attacks? Whatever AP can do a deception sin can do it bigger and better.

He does not know what he is talking about. With duel UW power proc relics you can proc close to 600 power for 4.5 secs every 20 secs. You have two relics you get two procs. They are not "exploits."

Once I saw that AP is putting same damage as snipers and murderers, I laughed. You can argue with ignorant, because they do not know any better.

Then again, I do not care about PvE much. PvP the class is dead. And for the AP supporters, you want to play a melee class with some 10m ranged attacks? Whatever AP can do a deception sin can do it bigger and better.

Lol I couldn't agree with you more.

I'm not sure if he's just not good at trolling or he's just plain ignorant. I'm betting on the latter though.

They nerfed the class to hell, plain and simple, and I'm really tired of people arguing about that, because its a fact, Pyro was our top dps spec and always has been because AP relies too much on a channeled ability that's easy to dodge ( speaking from pvp standpoint) . Even in pve AP isn't where pyro used to be, even now after the nerfs. They buffed AP by 1% lol, nothing changed about the spec either, except that Retrac blade no longer can proc a RS auto crit. Shoulder cannon is better in this spec, but that's again not really a change, just something to throw in between or during attacks. Immolate still isn't doing as much damage as it should. Nobody competitively played AP spec in pvp, and none of the top dps PTs for pve played AP, as it is a spare tire of a spec. From what I've heard decep sins are bottom dps too,this is purely from guildies feedback though, however I do agree with you, Sins would have more burst than an AP Pt simply because of stealth and other utility moves.

HIZOKA what we are sayng is, why play a powertech when you can play a class that does more dps AND has more utility.

Edited by Sardonyyx

I never said sins weren't better than AP, just that AP is the only viable PT spec for PVP.

Pyro...is a terribad punching bag in PVP. You'll get stun-killed every single time. You can't stop it, or do anything about it but die, and spend the entire match in the med-center merry-go-round. I make it a point to murder pyros every time the opportunity presents itself, hoping that they either learn and switch spec, or stop queuing up entirely.

Since people keep going back and forth between pvp and pve.... from what I've seen personally...

In pvp, dps spec PTs and VGs got neutered. They can still put out good numbers against bad teams or in fluff damage. But overall you'd be better off bringing something else if you got it. Tank spec is decent again... but probably still worth bringing a guardian or shadow over them in ranked if possible.

In pve, pyro/assault got nerfed into the ground. It can still put out decent dps but won't top charts at all. Ap/Tactics is still viable pve dps and haven't had a problem hitting 2500 on ops dummy without optimized gear or augments and consistently being top dps during boss fights.

It's not as big of a lead anymore. Before the nerfs to pyro I'd pretty much end every fight in an ops with top damage and generally by a large margin. Now things are more even and I can still top damage but I'm not always first like I used to be and the difference in the top 4 or 5 dps is generally less then a percentage point.

I never said sins weren't better than AP, just that AP is the only viable PT spec for PVP.

Pyro...is a terribad punching bag in PVP. You'll get stun-killed every single time. You can't stop it, or do anything about it but die, and spend the entire match in the med-center merry-go-round. I make it a point to murder pyros every time the opportunity presents itself, hoping that they either learn and switch spec, or stop queuing up entirely.

Lol you just sound like an ***. And for no reason really. That statement just made me not like you, and I don't even know you haha. And you get stun killed on any class lol pyros aren't some special exception, except when *** holes like you seek them out specifically.

Lol you just sound like an ***. And for no reason really. That statement just made me not like you, and I don't even know you haha. And you get stun killed on any class lol pyros aren't some special exception, except when *** holes like you seek them out specifically.

Im not cutting you down, I'm being honest. Fact: PT Pyro's are easy kills. When I'm trying to thin out the defenders in VoidStar, yes, I'll target you first. Always go for the easy kill, or focus on the healer if they have one that's still alive. It turns the fight in our favor, because we'll have more players on the field. It's also faster to kill you than to risk you dotting/railing the people trying to plant charges.

No, AP does not "stun kill" easy. I take 30% less damage when stunned, and I usually save my seven shoulder rockets for the fool who does it to me. Half of the time, my stunner runs away because he's taking 14K damage (1.5-2K/rocket crits with AP). It's hilarious to see their health bar drop faster than yours, and they start running from me, trying to LOS the missiles. It's even funnier when their super-smash I-win-button only hits for 5K tops, because I take 30% less from AOE.

My apologies for sounding like an a**, but it's no fun queuing up for a match, and KNOWING that you are going to lose because you have two other pyro PT's and a merc on your side. The eliminator sets always gives it away.

Let me explain what she (going based off of Forum pic) is saying. The exploit she is refering to is the use of the two current PVP Power Proc Relics. They proc off of Damage and Healing, and getting a Proc from Damage on one only locks it from another Proc with Damage, same goes for Healing. So you end up with far more Power than you where intended to end up with if you can get it to Proc off of both Healing and Damage which Mara/Sent can do, Snipers I don't think can b/c my Sniper only has some Self-Heals which come from Shield Probe and she has to be taking damage for that to be "Healing" me.

Let me explain what she (going based off of Forum pic) is saying. The exploit she is refering to is the use of the two current PVP Power Proc Relics. They proc off of Damage and Healing, and getting a Proc from Damage on one only locks it from another Proc with Damage, same goes for Healing. So you end up with far more Power than you where intended to end up with if you can get it to Proc off of both Healing and Damage which Mara/Sent can do, Snipers I don't think can b/c my Sniper only has some Self-Heals which come from Shield Probe and she has to be taking damage for that to be "Healing" me.

I understand how they work, I'm not stupid, I would just like a reason why he thinks its cheating.

I just dont understand why it's considered an"exploit" those are usually like hacks, like people running super fast in pvp or having a full resolve bar all the time ( trust me, seen both of them more often than not on my server.) I like to save that word for actual cheating, not using two of the same relics. And the sniper healing comes from being in cover, there's 2points you have to spend in the engineering tree to get it. Most snipers unless they're going engineering will opt to not take those points. What I meant was really more why is he saying EVERYONE is exploiting, this seems more like a loop hole to me. Not an "exploit"

Im not cutting you down, I'm being honest. Fact: PT Pyro's are easy kills. When I'm trying to thin out the defenders in VoidStar, yes, I'll target you first. Always go for the easy kill, or focus on the healer if they have one that's still alive. It turns the fight in our favor, because we'll have more players on the field. It's also faster to kill you than to risk you dotting/railing the people trying to plant charges.

No, AP does not "stun kill" easy. I take 30% less damage when stunned, and I usually save my seven shoulder rockets for the fool who does it to me. Half of the time, my stunner runs away because he's taking 14K damage (1.5-2K/rocket crits with AP). It's hilarious to see their health bar drop faster than yours, and they start running from me, trying to LOS the missiles. It's even funnier when their super-smash I-win-button only hits for 5K tops, because I take 30% less from AOE.

My apologies for sounding like an a**, but it's no fun queuing up for a match, and KNOWING that you are going to lose because you have two other pyro PT's and a merc on your side. The eliminator sets always gives it away.

Do I say you were cutting me down? Nope.

Anyway the situations you described are one on one, not the case in pvp, if you get stunned you get jumped, shoulder cannon will not save you from getting triple smashed, also smashers only have one stun, and they won't use it on you if they see the red cylinder.

What you're saying is basically an idiot who attacks you is gonna die, well no **** Sherlock. People in pvp are not always idiots, especially in ranked. Know your enemies class, know how it works, I promise you won't be wrecking faces for long. Although if you just do little regular pvp with the f2p bads you probably feel like a tough guy, try ranked, you'll get focused and murdered.

And I hope they rollback the nerfs to pyro so people can burn you into the ground.

Why would I take a DPS PT over a Merc, Warrior class of any kind, or a sniper? They offer nothing at all. They will be lower DPS, and they have no buffs to assist in increasing the overall dmg of the group. So why take one? They'll still be lower DPS than all of the above DPS classes.

And I hope they rollback the nerfs to pyro so people can burn you into the ground.

If they roll it back, I'll join you all in pyro. I ran with it up until 2.0 landed, and then got tired of being stomped into the dirt. Pyro has the same damage as AP without any of the defense.

Problem is, Bioware #*%^ed it, and they probably won't fix it for another year. I'm not happy about it, but adapting is part of any MMO.

Some of you are in complete denial about what the pyro spec can do post 2.0. Sorry guys, it's terribad.

If they roll it back, I'll join you all in pyro. I ran with it up until 2.0 landed, and then got tired of being stomped into the dirt. Pyro has the same damage as AP without any of the defense.

Problem is, Bioware #*%^ed it, and they probably won't fix it for another year. I'm not happy about it, but adapting is part of any MMO.

Some of you are in complete denial about what the pyro spec can do post 2.0. Sorry guys, it's terribad.

Oh I know the nerfs are terrible. What I've been saying on these forums for awhile is why play a pt when y can play something with more utility AND better dps. I love my pt, but he's just eh dps now. Even in ap spec, (I raid mainly, pvp when i can though and I find I'm still getting crapped on in ap spec, and no I don't suck, I started out in AP before 1.4, I understand the rotation)

Rather play my smash monkey or sniper when I want to crack some skulls.

The only thing I do now with my PT is dailies, and the occasional WZ just to remind myself how horrible it is now. PT was my first char i made, the first to lvl 50 and first to lvl 55. It is a shame that BioWare decided to knock it out of the PvE/PvP spots with all the nerfs they hit it with. Fingers crossed for a fix soon, but we all know that won't happen :mad:

Boohoo, boohoo! Thats all you have to say?

People, stop whining and start thinking. EVEN WITH THE BUGGED Ion pulse - this guy makes this:

http://www.torparse.com/a/193728/time/1366928034/1366928416/0/Overview

All of you wish powertech would stay 3 button idiotproof class.

WRONG!

Learn to adapt and start trying and thinking by yourself.

Powertechs/Vanguards are still beasts, but they are not 3 button class anymore. Yes, our 36 points assault/tactics build makes no sense which is a pain, but:

we will not tire we will not falter and we will not fail!

Edited by Nezyrworks

Boohoo, boohoo! Thats all you have to say?

People, stop whining and start thinking. EVEN WITH THE BUGGED Ion pulse - this guy makes this:

http://www.torparse.com/a/193728/time/1366928034/1366928416/0/Overview

All of you wish powertech would stay 3 button idiotproof class.

WRONG!

Learn to adapt and start trying and thinking by yourself.

Powertechs/Vanguards are still beasts, but they are not 3 button class anymore. Yes, our 36 points assault/tactics build makes no sense which is a pain, but:

we will not tire we will not falter and we will not fail!

Link spec? http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301bZrsMrobRMZfhMbdRr.3 ?

Edited by Luckeyduckey