Ways to Earn More In-Game Income

RogueScout

Here are a list of ways that we should be able to earn more of an income in game:

1.) Allow us to trade/sell unwanted Cartel items to vendors in game. They have credit tags attached to them but you get the "you may not sell this item", even if it isn't bound.

2.) Allow us to put WZ comms, adrenals, and medpacs on the GTN for sale.

3.) Allow us to sell items earned through PVP/PVE comms on the GTN.

Again, these are just suggestions, but I know I would be much happier with my gaming experience if I could find more ways to earn credits in game.

Items bought for commendations should never be tradeable between players. That would totally sabotage the reasoning of commendations.

Selling that stuff to an NPC vendor to get some cash is a valid point though.

I didn't say I'm not able to make enough credits. I said the more options you have, the better.

Others have posted why the OP's suggestions are a bad idea (aside from being able to sell them to a vendor, which would require at least minimal coding changes, which are not necessary to fix a non-existent problem).

I'd like to be able to sell reputation items. I have a few gree items hanging around because I already have full reputation, and I'm going to get more when the gree comes back, because I really like killing xeno. But I guess it would be unfair from some point of view.

Here are a list of ways that we should be able to earn more of an income in game:

1.) Allow us to trade/sell unwanted Cartel items to vendors in game. They have credit tags attached to them but you get the "you may not sell this item", even if it isn't bound.

Sell it on GTN

You can trade WZ comms planet comms. You can then buy mods or purple boxes from planet vendors, and sell the mods, or items from purple boxes on gtn, or to vendor.

You can buy mods or purple boxes from planet vendors, and sell the mods, or items from purple boxes on gtn, or to vendor.

So, in short, you can already sell everything you're worried about on GTN, with the exception of WZ adrenals / medpacks. Those you'll just have to sell via the Trade channel. Or better yet, try selling them on the PvP channel.

I'd like to be able to sell reputation items. I have a few gree items hanging around because I already have full reputation, and I'm going to get more when the gree comes back, because I really like killing xeno. But I guess it would be unfair from some point of view.

I'm all for allowing us to sell ANYTHING to a vendor, but on the GTN, some stuff you just can't have tradeable.

Again, these are just suggestions, but I know I would be much happier with my gaming experience if I could find more ways to earn credits in game.

The only thing I agree with is #1. Why can't we sell Cartel items to vendors? I have like 3 rows of common cartel items and they have price tags yet I can't sell them to vendors. So I usually end up trashing them.

Others have posted why the OP's suggestions are a bad idea (aside from being able to sell them to a vendor, which would require at least minimal coding changes, which are not necessary to fix a non-existent problem).

Sure, but your original post wasn't direct reaction on OP's ideas.

Sure, but your original post wasn't direct reaction on OP's ideas.

It was an oblique reaction. The implication of my post was that there are plenty of way to make money already (so no need to tinker with code to fix a non-existent problem). And then others pointed out that being able to sell items purchased with commendations defeats the purpose of having to "earn" those commendations. This is not the first thread to suggest allowing the sale of items purchased with commendations.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I didn't say I'm not able to make enough credits. I said the more options you have, the better.

To bring your point to it's logical and extreme conclusion... you should ger 1M credits just for loging in and 5M credits for each month you are subbed.

OH.. wait... that kind of credit entitlement would seriously inflate the economy and make eveyones credits worthless.

My point? this game is one of the easiest ever MMOs to accumulate in game weatlh. Nothing here is broken, hence nothing needs to be fixed.

The only thing I agree with is #1. Why can't we sell Cartel items to vendors? I have like 3 rows of common cartel items and they have price tags yet I can't sell them to vendors. So I usually end up trashing them.

If it's worthless.. trashing is the appropriate solution.

Over time, the complaint will be moot as everything will be worth 1 credit if it's a cartel item. They have already done this with armor and weapons. It will eventually get to everything.

Now, if they did in fact make cartel items sellable to merchants.. that certainly would clean out the low cost speeders on the GTN as everyone would snap them up for the 5-25K selling prices and turn around and vendor them for the 60K+ they would fetch at a merchant. So, be careful what you wish for.

And protip: not being able to sell cartel content to in game NPC merchants insures that the CCM does not contribute to in game inflation of currency. As long as you can only sell to another player... you are not adding credits into the economy... just moving them around.

Edited by Andryah

I understand and respect everyone's opinions, even those who disagree. I would like to elaborate on #1.

I can't tell you how man Covert Gloves, Toy Balls, Imperial Banners, and Larva Pets I have, but I know its more than I would care to keep. I can't even give these things away, let alone sell them on the GTN for 500 credits. That's why I would, at least, strongly propose that ALL Cartel items be sellable to vendors for a fixed price.

I can understand why #2 and #3 would harm the actual gameplay of entire servers, and how destructive it could be.

However, I still believe strongly in #1.

This would have the side-effect of inflating the game economy.

Currently, when you sell Cartel Pack stuff on the GTN, it is a trade to another player for money that already exists in the game. Basically, all it does it shift money around. Those players getting rich selling dozens of Cartel Packs are just moving existing money around. There is no inflation, and no new credits being injected into game.

If BW were to allow Cartel Pack trash to be vendored, then it would in effect be creating money out of thin air, something that is currently restricted to quest rewards and credits that drop off of mobs. This minor amount of inflation is theoretically counterbalanced by things that remove credits from the game such as repair bills, etc.

So, NO to being able to vendor Cartel Market trash.

Items bought for commendations should never be tradeable between players. That would totally sabotage the reasoning of commendations.

Selling that stuff to an NPC vendor to get some cash is a valid point though.

I agree... clogged up inventories and little interest on GTN makes it hard on us to get rid of the junk in from the packs, like jawagrams, for example.

I suggest you get a haircut and get real job you jedi hippies!

Dern kids these days, always wantin more credits...what do I it look like, a bank? My cargo hold can only hold so many Nok Drayen artifacts to sell, not like I'm some hutt manufacturin plant.

This would have the side-effect of inflating the game economy.

Currently, when you sell Cartel Pack stuff on the GTN, it is a trade to another player for money that already exists in the game. , then it would in effect be creating money out of thin air.

True, so why does the Federal Reserve continue to create money out of thin air?

At least you understand what bad economic policy is... However, I do think as far as the game goes, a small amount of money for some of the junk really wont matter much if the amount is low, its just offering something as opposed to destroying the item.

Edited by Themanthatisi

1-yes

2-comms hell no, adrenals/medpacks yes (I'm fine with keeping them locked, but then make them untradable, can't have it both ways) yes

3-hell no

True, so why does the Federal Reserve continue to create money out of thin air?

At least you understand what bad economic policy is... However, I do think as far as the game goes, a small amount of money for some of the junk really wont matter much if the amount is low, its just offering something as opposed to destroying the item.

The real question is, why create a bank, then give it the power to print money, then borrow money from the bank at interest, then go in debt to said bank?

: ) )

How about 10cr per junk item? At least the players with cargo-holds full of it could right click super-quick to get rid of it, rather than drag-and-drop one at a time into the circular file?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.