Trouble with Unlocking Legacy

Matt-ITA

I became a Subscriber for play different species from the Human and Zabrak. Once I became Subscriber, I noticed that I can play just 2 more species: it's wrote that for to play other classes I need to have an unlocked legacy and a toon lv 10. So did I: I've brought a character to 31 and completed the 1st Chapter (when I log in game with this toon, I can see "Chapter 2"). Before to have completed the 1st Chapter, I've created another toon in the same server and brought it to 10. So I thought that I had the 2 requirement: the Unlocked Legacy and the Lv 10 toon. Instead, still I can't use the other species. Can anyone help me with that please? Do I have to do something particular to Unlock Legacy? Or what? Thank you all who will answer!

I became a Subscriber for play different species from the Human and Zabrak. Once I became Subscriber, I noticed that I can play just 2 more species: it's wrote that for to play other classes I need to have an unlocked legacy and a toon lv 10. So did I: I've brought a character to 31 and completed the 1st Chapter (when I log in game with this toon, I can see "Chapter 2"). Before to have completed the 1st Chapter, I've created another toon in the same server and brought it to 10. So I thought that I had the 2 requirement: the Unlocked Legacy and the Lv 10 toon. Instead, still I can't use the other species. Can anyone help me with that please? Do I have to do something particular to Unlock Legacy? Or what? Thank you all who will answer!

Legacy unlocks after completion of Chapter 1 if I remember correctly. More information on it is here.

I think there is a misconception on what the legacy does for you. As a subscriber you have access to all the species (limited by faction specifics still) when creating new characters. Once you have levelled a certain specie to 50, it is permanently unlocked and can be used even cross faction.

What you are looking at is the cartel unlock screen, which requires a legacy and level 10 to purchase the unlock (same as if you levelled the specie to level 50).

So it depends on what exactly you are trying to do... some detail would help. For example, are you trying to create a Chiss gunslinger and finding that you can't? Or are you trying to change your current human into a twi'lek?

I'm trying to create for example a Cyborg Sorcerer... But for now a Sorc to me can only be a Sith Pureblood, a Human, a Zabrak or a Rattataki. I can't use Twi'lek, Cyborg, Chiss, Miraluka and Mirialan. Edited by Matt-ITA

I'm trying to create for example a Cyborg Sorcerer... But for now a Sorc to me can only be a Sith Pureblood, a Human, a Zabrak or a Rattataki. I can't use Twi'lek, Cyborg, Chiss, Miraluka and Mirialan.

And that is intended. Noone just gets the other races for free, not even subscribers.

If you want the Cyborg-race for your sorcerer to become available, you have 3 options:

1) buy the Cyborg-race-unlock through the cartel market or the legacy-panel (around 500 CC iirc)

2) buy the Cyborg-race-unlock through legacy-panel but with ingame credits rather than cartel coins (1.500.000 Creds)

3) play another cyborg-character to 50, upon which you unlock the cyborg race for all other classes

edit:

you may find the race-unlock available in the GTN for less than the 1.5M creds, it's worth a look

Edited by Tito_O

So I'd have to level in all servers a specie to 50 to play that specie in that server for free?

Yes, kind-of. You can currently make a cyborg -- but not of the class you'd like. Just as in most other MMOs, there are restrictions based on faction and class.

You can check the GTN in the game, as many people sell the character unlocks there for credits. Or you can spend the 600 CC to unlock it. Keep in mind that unlocks are only legacy-wide. Meaning, they will only count on one server.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.