Companion Love...

Eric_Riot

When was the last time your wife said she loved you, or anything personal at all.

When I'm out in the field with my "Wife" she say's the same things she's always said since the day I meet here. Would it be to difficult to make a dozen one liners for my companion that I'm connected to? Stuff like..

"Not now hun, I'm trying not to get us killed."

"Dam you look fine holding that gun."

"Cant wait to get back to our ship for some alone time."

Anything, we spend all this time and effort to get them up in affection and level up to see the personal story lines, just to have them say the same things when out in the field?

I feel so disconnected with my companion. I'm not sure about the rest of you but I only use one companion per chr. And its always the love interest regardless of what she does (DPS, Tank, Heal) one, we fly togeater... well you know the saying. Anyhow it would be nice if she said something from time to time to show she's still interested in ya you know?

P.S Yeah Yeah, I know its just a game, and not I'm not that worried about it. Its not make or brake, just something small that I think would nice. I have a wife I love and a kid I tolerate (*winks*). I'm a Rp kind of guy, like to get lost in my MMO. Step out of reality and into a different environment on my spare time. use my imagination, I remember a time where I couldn't wait till the next cut seen with Risha. I know cut seen's ane companion updates are expensive and time consuming, but to cut a few lines for the married couples couldn't take that long..

Anyhow Happy hunting all.

I'm a Rp kind of guy, like to get lost in my MMO. Step out of reality and into a different environment on my spare time. use my imagination, I remember a time where I couldn't wait till the next cut seen with Risha. I know cut seen's ane companion updates are expensive and time consuming, but to cut a few lines for the married couples couldn't take that long..

I'm not sure what RPing has to do with your companions. You' RP by yourself? That's a little weird. And if you like to use your imagination, why do you need the game to "fill in the blanks" for you?

I see your point OP, I agree. My Smuggler is my only married character -- with a husband, not a wife :p -- and it is kind of strange that Corso says the same things when I click on him that he did at level 10. He's a nice, friendly character, so its not too bad, but some Companions aren't exactly friendly at first and have one-liners that reflect this (like Aric and Akaavi). I would like to see 3 different sets of "lines Companions say when you click on them" though, not just two:

1. Default - stuff they say when you first get them (what we have now).

2. Romance - for Companions with maxed affection and a completed romance arc, so you don't have your character's dear spouse telling them stuff like "quit looking at me".

3. Friendly - for Companions with maxed affection but that are not romanced. You know, so you don't have Companions that have sworn their loyalty and friendship to your character still telling them stuff like "back off".

Obviously, there would be some overlap, but IMHO it would be a nice touch that a lot of people would like. And surely, recording a few extra sentences per Companion couldn't be that hard.

Edited by Gwena

I'm not sure what RPing has to do with your companions. You' RP by yourself? That's a little weird. And if you like to use your imagination, why do you need the game to "fill in the blanks" for you?

*chuckles* I don't need it Sir. it would just be nice.

your problem is RP'ing with in game companions.

how is a companion that hundreds if not THOUSANDS of people have married...YOUR wife?

I married Kira...but when I"m RP'ing my Knight has my own origin and story...why? because it's stupid to use the games storyline since there's thousands with the SAME EXACT STORY.

So how do you RP your "wife" being married to several thousand people? better yet how do you RP her standing NEXT TO several duplicates of her?

not trying to really criticize you but...yah...looking to RP outside of storyline stuff with a companion is just bad RP

how is a companion that hundreds if not THOUSANDS of people have married...YOUR wife?

I married Kira...but when I"m RP'ing my Knight has my own origin and story...why? because it's stupid to use the games storyline since there's thousands with the SAME EXACT STORY.

So how do you RP your "wife" being married to several thousand people? better yet how do you RP her standing NEXT TO several duplicates of her?

not trying to really criticize you but...yah...looking to RP outside of storyline stuff with a companion is just bad RP

Then I guess it's time for...

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

I think they meant from a solo game perspective :p

To the OP, Id like to use just the companion my character romances, but some of them have really boring lines! :/

I won't romance Corso either, and there are no other options for my Smuggler :(

Inquisitor is happy with Andronikus tho :D But yes, lines that reflect it would be nice!

I play this solo, since my guild died with F2P, so for me its just ME and my "wife" in this game, and no one else. There's no rule to the depth of RP. I'm in a RP guild where we are all just our text. But this game is like a Story/Movie/Game.. and VERY solo able. Just because we all share the same story line doesn't mean I can enjoy the content in a solo manner. I mean we all love princess Leia the same. We all read about Darth Vador the same. And we all "Married" Kira the same, its still fun and enjoyable.

Now, Maybe the misunderstanding is where I used the term RP, where everyone jumps into the D&D RP mode. I meant more like light out of normal life and trying to be immersed into my casual gaming.

This is getting off topic anyhow. I don't want to get into the depths of a RP debate and at what level you can RP with out another human around. I'd like my companion to say more then just the stander stuff after I put in all the effort to level up affection and story quest.

Like I said its not make or brake, its just something very small that they could add to the game that would be nice. That is all :)

I think they meant from a solo game perspective :p

To the OP, Id like to use just the companion my character romances, but some of them have really boring lines! :/

I won't romance Corso either, and there are no other options for my Smuggler :(

Inquisitor is happy with Andronikus tho :D But yes, lines that reflect it would be nice!

Exactly, I only use ONE companion for each of my eight. They are mostly the romance option (except my two gril chr's they use Mako and Nadia, I would romance them if I could ;)). I don't like any of the others, just waste of space.

Exactly, I only use ONE companion for each of my eight. They are mostly the romance option (except my two gril chr's they use Mako and Nadia, I would romance them if I could ;)). I don't like any of the others, just waste of space.

I totally get it :) Before I had my solo RP that fit with the in game storyline, and my guild RP. Now it's just solo RP. But really for me, I just gave up on guild RP. You don't ICly RP being a tank, healer and dps! Gaaaaah!

Every time Vette says "What? Are you worried I'll leave you?" and "We'll talk later, Promise." I die a little inside.:(

I think she's cheating on me.

Sorry tell you this but she is....

She likes big guns and Piece carries a big gun.

That is why all my companions have shock collars.

Now, Maybe the misunderstanding is where I used the term RP, where everyone jumps into the D&D RP mode. I meant more like light out of normal life and trying to be immersed into my casual gaming.

"RP' means "role-playing," regardless of the genre or physical format of the game. Either you are playing the role of your character or you are not. As I said before, role-playing by yourself is weird.

Every time Vette says "What? Are you worried I'll leave you?" and "We'll talk later, Promise." I die a little inside.:(

I think she's cheating on me.

She's not cheating on you.

But if you look on your Holonet desktop and see the desktop background is me wearing nothing but my mask, on a Bantha Skin rug with a teddy on my privates, don't freak out.

Just undo your pants and whatever happens, happens.

:cool:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.