Do you ever wonder...

gabarooni

If MMO Dev's look at their game data and see that people do tons of dailys so they keep adding more and more dailys and they don't realize that the only reason people do dailys so much is that they are bored and there is nothing else to do?

No.

Because, simply, daily areas are their way of making up for the fact they can't produce new content every week.

It's not that they think we enjoy them; they know we don't.

But if there is nothing to do when you log in the game, you are more likely to leave.

This is going to be hard to hear but here it goes:

The people doing dailies out of boredom are not the target market of SWTOR. They have said over and over they were targetting the market that would take 3+ months to level one character and then start working on the next character.

This is going to be hard to hear but here it goes:

The people doing dailies out of boredom are not the target market of SWTOR. They have said over and over they were targetting the market that would take 3+ months to level one character and then start working on the next character.

3 Months to level ONE character? Do they really think that they're playerbase sucks at this game that much, to take THREE whole months to level? And that's just if they focus on a single alt?... Yeesh. With the literally inexhaustible ways to increase your experience gain to suit the kind of content you want to play... The only people who take 3 months to level are the ones who purposely slow down to enjoy content they've outleveled... And frankly, no grey content can possibly be THAT interesting to anyone.

I dunno.

Do you ever wonder if maybe your parents were right about you needing to go back to school and getting that degree so you could get a good job and live on your own until you met the love of your life and married them, thus fulfilling the grand purpose they envisioned for you, instead of just blowing off their advice and spending your 20's living at home to lurk on Star Wars forums and watching dumb videos on the internet all day?

BECAUSE I NEVER DID! LIFE WELL SPENT!

:D

3 Months to level ONE character? Do they really think that they're playerbase sucks at this game that much, to take THREE whole months to level? And that's just if they focus on a single alt?... Yeesh. With the literally inexhaustible ways to increase your experience gain to suit the kind of content you want to play... The only people who take 3 months to level are the ones who purposely slow down to enjoy content they've outleveled... And frankly, no grey content can possibly be THAT interesting to anyone.

Has it ever occurred to you that some people might want to savor their levelling experience in a story-driven game?

Not everyone is interested in skipping everything in a giant rush to end-game... only to be bored again.

Has it ever occurred to you that some people might want to savor their levelling experience in a story-driven game?

Not everyone is interested in skipping everything in a giant rush to end-game... only to be bored again.

I haven't completed Chapter 2 of anyone. 8 classes. Been playing a whole year. Highest I've gotten is BH Hoth.

:eek:

3 Months to level ONE character? Do they really think that they're playerbase sucks at this game that much, to take THREE whole months to level?

Took me a lot longer than that to level my first character. And while I may suck, that isn't the reason. Not everyone plays all day, or every day, or even every week.

i dunno.

Do you ever wonder if maybe your parents were right about you needing to go back to school and getting that degree so you could get a good job and live on your own until you met the love of your life and married them, thus fulfilling the grand purpose they envisioned for you, instead of just blowing off their advice and spending your 20's living at home to lurk on star wars forums and watching dumb videos on the internet all day?

Because i never did! Life well spent!

lol +1

Took me a lot longer than that to level my first character. And while I may suck, that isn't the reason. Not everyone plays all day, or every day, or even every week.

Not to mention that the first time thought the game you listen to EVERY quest voice over, and do EVERY quest. Now its Space bar heaven and only listen to the class story's :)

Yeah... DEVs aren't stupid. They know we hate dailies. It's not easy coming up with new engaging content, though. So what else are they going to do.

Live by the themepark, die by the themepark.

Has it ever occured to you that some people:

- Have very little time to spend on specific games?

- Prefer to play many alts and therefore may not even have 1 character on max level yet?

- Spend their time on side activities while levelling and therefore may take longer?

- Do all that while being F2P and not in a guild (meaning a lot less XP gain)

All of these reasons have nothing to do with sucking. And you just showed one MAJOR issue with MMO players in general.. thinking that having less time to spend, or less focus on a specific activity in the game, means you "suck". Newsflash: Spending more time on something does not mean you are better at it, just more experienced.

I dunno.

Do you ever wonder if maybe your parents were right about you needing to go back to school and getting that degree so you could get a good job and live on your own until you met the love of your life and married them, thus fulfilling the grand purpose they envisioned for you, instead of just blowing off their advice and spending your 20's living at home to lurk on Star Wars forums and watching dumb videos on the internet all day?

BECAUSE I NEVER DID! LIFE WELL SPENT!

You always make me laugh. Here is the dumbest

video I saw this week. I hope it makes you laugh as well :)

Yeah... DEVs aren't stupid. They know we hate dailies. It's not easy coming up with new engaging content, though. So what else are they going to do.

Live by the themepark, die by the themepark.

This i ran my own Everquest server and had tons of fun content, it just shows how untalented the devs are that they cant come up with new fun content, its pathetic lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.