I wish we could see Statistics on storyline choices

One wishlist item I have that is totally fluff, but I think would be really, really cool, is giving players access to statistics about what % of players choose each option in their storyline progressions.

Something I really enjoyed about the Walking Dead adventure game was that finishing a chapter had an "epilogue" screen where some of the most difficult choices were broken down into pie charts showing what percent of players made each choice.

It was fascinating to see how some decisions ("Save a pretty girl from zombies") had an enormously lopsided split, on the order of 85 / 15. While other decisions ("Save a sort-of unpleasant jerk from being shot, but benefit yourself personally") were much closer to 50 / 50 or 40 / 60.

I think it would be really cool if BioWare periodically released something similar for some of the bigger decisions in the game, or possibly as a little "bonus screen" when you finish a chapter or planetary storyline. :)

The only statistic I would be interested in seeing is how many players space_bared through their class storylines.

The reason I would want to see this is that I think it would be a solid clue as to if we will see class specific story lines in the future. If 60% or more space_bared their class storylines.. what would be the point in continuing to make class specific stories?

I'm sure they have the data, and I would love to see it at the top levels (ie: percentage per class for first time players, second time players, etc.).

The problem with the space barring statistics is that it could be skewed by people re-playing things. I know a lot of people who rolled more than one character per class in order to play different ACs, and since they were doing the same story over, they space barred through more of it.

The only statistic I would be interested in seeing is how many players space_bared through their class storylines.

The reason I would want to see this is that I think it would be a solid clue as to if we will see class specific story lines in the future. If 60% or more space_bared their class storylines.. what would be the point in continuing to make class specific stories?

I agree with this but not because I think it makes a difference on whether they'll add more class stories or not.

Class stories are one of the things Bioware did perfectly in this game. It differentiates it from other games and people miss it when they move to another game.

I think it plays a bigger role in deciding if VO is the way to move forward or if terminals/gibberish-speaking aliens can keep people equally satisfied.

However, I cannot see any use in what the OP is asking for.

I'm honestly not trying to be offensive, but... who cares what other people did? It doesn't affect my story, it doesn't affect my choices and it certainly doesn't make the the game any better if I know if X% of the players decided to kill that NPC they met once, on a planet.

The Walking Dead is a different game. It's also not an MMO, so all resources post-release can be dedicated to patching it and giving out useless little bit of information that no one really needs, but it's fun to know.

I would much rather see statistics like

• Average playtime on X server (so I'll know if it's always crowded everywhere but won't have to face queues or if it's more relaxed but with longer queues)
  • Advanced Class statistics (the percentage of people who play X class and have logged in at least once in the past 60 days, so I can decide what my next alt will be, based on what is more in demand as well as what I personally like)
  • Number of active guilds with over X number of members

etc.

I just don't see the point - other than just for fun - to release statistics that have to do with personal choices in the game.

Edited by TheNahash

I'd like to see the miles traveled by the people who drive around in circles on the Fleet all day waiting for... whatever it is they are waiting for, vs how many of them whine on the forums about how EQ sucked because you had to wait for groups.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.